Saving syns

Becky :-)

Hi,

Anyone else use most/all their syns at a weekend and then have none or very few throughout the week? I find it's generally working for me - and I don't really count the syns - I think my luck might run out soon so was interested to hear other people's experiences.

Thanks
Becky

Hi Becky, I've just re joined SW and will be having most of my syns on the weekend. When I did SW last time I tended to have most of my syns on the weekend and it worked for me then. I averaged half a stone a month, which I was happy with x

Thank you for your reply! Half a stone a month is brill - I've only lost half of that but I figured it went on slowly so can come off slowly. Will sorry on then for as long as I can get away with it!

Hey there. I only do this for special occasions as I prefer to have my syns during the week. At the end of last month it was my friends birthday and we went out for a curry and drink sesh. Knew I wasn't going to be able to stay on plan so just enjoyed and had what I wanted. I got straight back on plan the following day (despite the hangover haha) and just didn't have any syns till my next weigh in. I still lost 1.5lbs despite the mad night out which I was very pleased with. The weeks where I do use my syns daily I tend to average 2.5-3.5lbs weekly losses but i'm willing to take a hit on the odd week if it means I actually get to enjoy myself with friends :)

Ah thanks for this - that would probably explain my slow weight loss then! I ought to try it properly really - I just get so tempted by wine and the free garlic tomato bread that that takeaway send with our kebabs!!! (Haven't ordered chips for 7 months though!)

I pull the syns back during the week, as I weigh on Saturday. We have chinese takeaway and ice cream at the weekends.

In my experience, saving syns for the weekend slows weight loss a LOT. Obviously, it won't be the same for everyone but I find I lose a lot more when I use daily syns, even if I use quite a few syns every day. I call them my "quality of life" syns as I use them for little things like honey on my porridge, gravy with dinner, a glass of fruit juice etc. Little things that make being on SW feel even less like being on a diet. If I know I'm going out on a weekend or have a special occasion them I do try to cut syns a little during the week but I'll mostly just flexi-syn that day.

In my experience, saving syns for the weekend slows weight loss a LOT. Obviously, it won't be the same for everyone but I find I lose a lot more when I use daily syns, even if I use quite a few syns every day. I call them my "quality of life" syns as I use them for little things like honey on my porridge, gravy with dinner, a glass of fruit juice etc. Little things that make being on SW feel even less like being on a diet. If I know I'm going out on a weekend or have a special occasion them I do try to cut syns a little during the week but I'll mostly just flexi-syn that day.

Thanks for this - what does a flexi-syn day mean? Don't remember coming across that on the website?

It's weird how everyones body works differently. I have lots of syns at the weekend, and pulling it back during the week seems to jump start my body into a bigger loss.

I am currently doing this as I am an all or nothing person. There is no way I could have a fun sized chocolate bar and nothing else. I would want a big massive double sized bar! Equally I'm good at having none at all! I think my all or nothing approach has been at the root of a lot of my problems with me weight. I have spend most of my adult life really restricted time myself or binging. I am in week 2 and I am currently syn storing so that I can have bigger treats. I successfully lost 9lbs on my first week last week so it worked out quite well then. I do ideally want to stop with the storing as I don't think long term it will do a lot in addressing my food issues. However as I am new to the plan and easing myself in, this is how I've been doing it for the first couple of weeks. From next week I am going to try 15 a day and see how I manage that!

Back