Savoury Drink vs. Marigold Boullion

Blonde Logic

Yes. You can.
Hi!

There was a breif discussion about Marigol Boullion the other day, and how it can be used in place of the LL Savoury Drink.....I just wanted to make absolutley sure that some of you have used it without any negative effects! I bought some but am nervous to use it - I don;t want it to interfere with ketosis,e tc. so just wanting to be sure!

THanks!

Thanks for posting this BL, I wanted to know the same thing, I have some on the list for tomorrows shop.

YES - its fine! I don't have it alot, but one girl in my group has been having it from the start, 2 drinks a day, and she has lost even faster than me - so don't worry. SOOOOO much cheaper and tastes lovely! Can make a nice addition to the soups too if yo're struggling with the flavour of them.

it is like a stock base you can use for gravies and stuff and you will find it most supermarkets, I know Tesco have it, it will be in the gravy/stock cube section.

is it true that you can also drink coke zero as it contains nothing that will effect LL. I won't want to ask my LLC either but I thought I'd ask here, it's safer.

I did a thread search on this and the recomendation is to use the low salt marigold as it is closer in ingredients to the savoury drink (you can do this by putting 'bouillon' into the search box and clicking the minimins bit rather than the google). LLCs will tell you that you shouldn't have it but the theory is that the savoury drink is measured out whereas with the marigold isn't and might encourage you to cheat by using too much. The low salt marigold is in a purple rather than green tub and is in the special diets/organic section of Tesco. I use it sporadically and it's really delicious. I don't think it has affected my losses in any way. Hope this helps!

Linze

Oh this is fab - at least I can now have something savory.

I use this all the time - us hippy veggies have known about it for years <insert smug hippy veggie smilie>. There are 2 types I think - I have the green and there is a brown one. Not quite sure of the difference.

Word of warning - I find it quite salty - so test it before you add any extra

Oh this is fab - at least I can now have something savory.

I use this all the time - us hippy veggies have known about it for years <insert smug hippy veggie smilie>. There are 2 types I think - I have the green and there is a brown one. Not quite sure of the difference.

Word of warning - I find it quite salty - so test it before you add any extra

<acknowledging hippy vegie smile;)>.....I miss my quorn, tofu and brown rice!!!! :(:)

I used it throughout doing LL last year and I had excellent losses .... and even better - it's lovely :)

I used on the recommendation of DebG and really glad, as you say it is so much cheaper.

I started this week and lost 4.7lbs which is above my average.

Back