Savoury Rice - syn or not?

mabbs1960

Savoury rice in my food optimising says all varieties 1½ syns (although it doesn't state whether this is dried or not) however in my 2013 Free Branded Foods book it says Sainsbury's Golden Vegtable (dried), Pepper & Mushroom (dried) and several of the Batchelors savoury rice flavours (dried) are all syn free.

Can anybody shed any light on this? I love the dried rice (made up of course) so would love to hear if I have been having extra syns without accounting for them.

Thank you.

The food optimising book just gives you average syn values not brand specific - some brands will be higher and others lower. If you want syns for a particular brand you have to look them up online (or the free branded foods book although this goes out of date quickly)

By the way can you keep questions about syns to the syn values subforum as it makes it easier for people to find syns if they are looking for them and saves admin from having to move them :)

Our consultant makes a point of telling us every week that batchelors rice is free but others are not.

Back