Sayng hello

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Scrapmouse, 20 January 2008 Social URL.

1. Scrapmouse

Scrapmouse Full Member

Hi everyone.

I have been lurking for a few weeks before daring to post:eek:

I started Lighter Life 13 days ago and so far I am finding it very easy. I lost 9 lbs the first week at at my drop-in on Saturday I had lost another 4 lbs so need to lose one more lb to make that first stone. I am determined to make my goal weight but more importantly I am determined to change my life style completely so that I am more active and more thoughtful about my food.

I am caring for my husband who is terminally ill. It is a tough time for us both but I decided that I need to look after me as well as everyone else and losing weight is the most positive thing I can do.

I look forward to getting to know everyone and sharing our successes.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Eclipse

Eclipse Gold Member

Hi Scrap and welcome hun. Well done on your losses so far.

So sorry to hear about your husband xxx

4. bexnkev

bexnkev Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi Scrap, sorry to hear about your hubby. I wish you every success on your lighterlife quest... congrates on your loss already x

5. Tange

Tange Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Hi Scrap
    Welcome. Well done on the loss, thats great.

Sorry to hear about your husband. We will all be here for you if you need us.
    Tan

6. Ajax

Ajax Finally...Life begins

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hey and welcome to the forum! Congratulations on a fantastic start, again as everyone has said, so sorry to hear about your hubby, we are always here if you want a chat/let off steam/anything even if its not diet related, it always helps.

Good Luck and let us know how you are doing! Angela xxxxx

7. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Welcome Scrapmouse. I like your name :)

Glad you came out from lurking. This is an amazing forum, with loads of support, with like minded people. The support may be helpful not only for weight, but for what you are dealing with, with your husband. I am very sorry to hear you are coping with that and cannot imagine what that might be like for you. <hugs>

Be proud of yourself for taking care of yourself as well. You need to be well, physically and mentally to cope with that, so well done. And I bet it makes your hubby proud too.

Once again, glad you are here, and a very well done on your loss so far! Keep it up girl!!

XX

8. Scrapmouse

Scrapmouse Full Member

Thank you for making me so welcome. I am a keen scrapbooker, and quilter and my surname rhymes with "Mouse" hence the name! :D :D :D

9. x-Katie-x

x-Katie-x Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1lb(34.69%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hi Sally you're doing great so far, well done :)

Welcome to the group, as you'll know from lurking the chat here ranges from LL to the world inbetween, so just jump on in and feel at home.

I am sorry to hear about your husband, it must be so hard for you, I cannot begin to imagine how you cope with such a thing (((hugs))).

I've never tried scrapbooking or quilting - there is a forum on hobbies so you should check that out too.

Good luck with your diet - I hope it continues to go well for you, I see it's your 2nd week weigh in tomorrow too so you started on the same day as me and Blonde Logic :)

10. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    We are the 8-1-08 Rockers. WE ROCK! :rotflmao: hehe - just feeling a bit silly.

I love this forum.

:grouphugg:

11. NetNet

NetNet Full Member

Diet:
    Lighterlife
    Well done on your weight loss. You are doing fantastic.

As with everyone else, I am so sorry to hear about your hubby. I cannot imagine what it must be like. BIG HUGS XX

12. ladylite

ladylite Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Absolutely brilliant news on your weight loss, well done you. As everyone mentioned, we are here if you need us and it is a good idea to look after yourself too.:)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.