Scab bran cake - does anyone have the recipe?

JestersTear

Silver Member
I've had a look at the slimming world website and can't see it there.
I've looked through loads of threads in here as well, still can't see it. Can anyone share please?

I copied this one down the other week from a thread on here somewhere, it was ok, a bit like a brownie, would be nice with some sweetened quark topping and fruit. Hope this is ok:)

9 syns for the whole cake or 6.5 + B
5 scan bran
3 beaten eggs
1 lvl tbs golden syrup
1 oz cocoa
1/2 a mug of sweetner

soak scan bran in enough boiling water to soften then mash.
add other ingredients and mix well.
put in a microwavable bowl and cook for around 7 mins.
will be springy in the middle when done.

Last edited:
same here I could do with a scab bran cake receipe without massive sins. Is that 9 syns per cake or slice? How many does it serve?....sorry to be a pain! x

I make one with weetabix and scan bran, it comes out like bread pudding, it is 9 sins for the whole cake.

1 weetabix
2 scan bran - crumble together and soften with hot water
1 egg
2 table spoons of mince meat (I used tesco own brand)
Sprinkle of canderel
Sprinkle of mixed spice.
Once weetabix and scan bran are mashed mix in all other ingredients, I then put it into a chinese takeaway tray ( i am sure we all have them) cook in microwave for about 7 mins and leave to stand then eat, I have it warm with banana and custard muller ontop... yummy!

4 scan bran and a weetabix = 1 HEB
2 dark chocolate options = 3 syns
2 eggs FREE
Sweetener FREE
Water – duh!

Method: Mush up scan bran and weetabix in water, leave to cool a bit. Add eggs, sweetener and chocolate options. Mix til get batter consistency.

Pop in microwave for 5 mins at a time, taking it out and checking in the middle for sogginess.

Tastes like chocolatey mushed cardboard, but is only 3 syns + HEb for the lot.

i have edited my post-9 for the whole cake.
i got 6 decent slices and it is quite filling

I make this once or twice a week to keep me regular! ;) And yes, I eat the whole thing!

1 HEX B and 2 syns for whole cake

5 scan bran
1 egg
4 tbsp vanilla muller light
4 tbsp splenda
1 tbsp mincemeat
1/2 tsp baking powder
cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger

Soak the scan bran in boiling water for 1 min. Drain and mix with the rest of the ingredients in a small tub (like the chinese takeaway). Microwave for 9 mins and leave to cool.

I made this today it was really nice. had it hot and cold, It tasted just like bread pudding. Yum
I used rivita's in place of scan bran.

I make this once or twice a week to keep me regular! ;) And yes, I eat the whole thing!

1 HEX B and 2 syns for whole cake

5 scan bran
1 egg
4 tbsp vanilla muller light
4 tbsp splenda
1 tbsp mincemeat
1/2 tsp baking powder
cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger

Soak the scan bran in boiling water for 1 min. Drain and mix with the rest of the ingredients in a small tub (like the chinese takeaway). Microwave for 9 mins and leave to cool.

Back