Scales

dd26

I bought some scales on Sunday - after months of avoiding them - but I've gone from one extreme to another, getting on them every bloody 5 minutes! I'm becomming obsessed.
And now I'm panicking because yesterday (day 5) they were telling me I had lost 7 lbs which I was delighted with, but today I am weighing an extra 3lbs - showing a loss of 4! :eek:
I know weight fluctuates over the course of the day but it is early, I haven't had a shake yet and I didn't have any water before I got on the scales - what is going on?!:sigh:
It's weigh day tomorrow and I have been looking forward to it but now I'm not so sure....

:7834:

Don't panic!! I'm a serial weigher too, but have been doing it over months so know weight fluctuations of up to 7lbs (yes- 7!) a day can be 'normal' for me!!
As I posted- look at the weight of water alone, then you have other factors like totm, retention, waste etc. to figure in. Wait until your weigh-in, and remember 'only' 4lbs is still a great loss!!!

PS- My first week I weighed on day 4 and had lost 7lbs, day 5 & 6 I had 're-gained' 2lb to make a 5lbs loss, but on weigh-in day I had officially lost 7lbs!!! I'll be happy with a 3-4lb loss this week?

Darling, do yourself a really BIG favour and ditch the scales until you have finished your Lipotrim journey. Once a week at the Pharmacy is ENOUGH! I promise you, you will go up and down on a daily basis and will NOT get your true weight loss. This is a recipe for disaster.

if your going to weigh at home make sure you do it at the same time and preferably before youve had any shakes or water..that should give you a true reading

h xx

Irishmum - that's made me feel a bit better, thanks. and i know 4lbs is still good, it's just annoying after it said 7lbs yesterday!

I need to keep away from the scales I know - I'm just inpatient!

Irishmum - that's made me feel a bit better, thanks. and i know 4lbs is still good, it's just annoying after it said 7lbs yesterday!

I need to keep away from the scales I know - I'm just inpatient!
No problem! Remember all the other factors that can influence your weigh-in and keep the faith! I'm impatient too- I couldn't go a whole week (make that DAY! LOL!) without weighing!

it's crazy - I've gone MONTHS without getting on the scales and now I can't go go the bathroom without jumping on them!

I too was one that couldnt avoid the scales, but now if I do weigh each day, I always do it at the same time each morning, when I first get up out of bed, I have a wee wee and jump on the scales.

I'm a serial weigher. I weigh first thing in a morning straight out of bed and last thing at night just before I hit the sack.

The VLCD I'm on allows you the option of either weighing yourself and registering your weights online or being weighed by the counsellor. I've opted for the weighing myself, on my own scales, at exactly the same time every week, in the same spot on the bathroom floor, with very little in the way of clothing on. That way I can't blame the scales if I haven't lost weight. I remember when we used to go to WW, everyone wanted to get weighed on the white scales as they gave a lighter reading than the grey ones and regardless of how many mars bars we'd troughed that week we'd always blame the grey scales if we'd put weight on. :giggle:

I remember when we used to go to WW, everyone wanted to get weighed on the white scales as they gave a lighter reading than the grey ones and regardless of how many mars bars we'd troughed that week we'd always blame the grey scales if we'd put weight on. :giggle:
ROFL!!! That's priceless! :D:D:D

I feel your pain. I'd normally be a serial scale abuser (umm... weird phrasing, I know!) but I've been driven so mad by scales that I decided to ditch them - well, to just one weighing a week - and befriend the tape instead.
Ultimately, it's not the actual weight that bothers me so much, but the size of my body. I keep a journal of various measurements and I track the total "shrinkage" instead of weight loss: waist + hips + thighs + chest + calves. Quite rewarding, and more relevant than mere lbs, I'd say.

I feel your pain. I'd normally be a serial scale abuser (umm... weird phrasing, I know!) but I've been driven so mad by scales that I decided to ditch them - well, to just one weighing a week - and befriend the tape instead.
Ultimately, it's not the actual weight that bothers me so much, but the size of my body. I keep a journal of various measurements and I track the total "shrinkage" instead of weight loss: waist + hips + thighs + chest + calves. Quite rewarding, and more relevant than mere lbs, I'd say.

Hehe Come on... cough up... so how many time a day do you measure yourself then;).

I too am more interested in size than weight. I couldn't care less how much I weigh as long as I can get my bum in a pair of size 12/14 jeans.

Back