Scan bran ginger cake

jen3

Silver Member
Oh my word - I am addicted!!!!!

Pour boiling water over 5 scan bran so it softens, drain and mash.
Add 2 grated carrots, 3-4 tbsp sweetener, 2 tsp ground ginger, 1 tsp ground all-spice, 1 tsp cinnamon and 28g finely chopped stem ginger.
Mix well then add 3 beaten eggs.
Pour into a microwaveable dish (I used a glass Pyrex thing) about 6 inches diameter.
Recipe says m/w for 15 mins on high but mine came out dry after 14 so next time did it for 10 and was much better.

Just had some warmed up with fromage frais on - blummin lush

Edited to add.....9 SYNS for the whole thing!!!!!

Oops I thought stem ginger was just fresh ginger and thats wot I used.....was still nice and syn free as I used healthy extra b! I made 6 muffins with it!!!

I might try it with fresh ginger then - will only be 5 for the scan brans then (I have my "b" for brekkie)

I will sicken myself with it soon though - like I did with the sw quiches!

Ha ha yup I can't look at a sw quiche ever again! Lol

I couldn't eat all 6 of them tho so gonna just syn them at 1 syn each and have over next few days! I love ginger!!!

Just made this. It's in the microwave right now so I'll report back later...

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Looks good :)

Attachments

• image-1351573424.jpg
    image-1351573424.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 1,016
Tastes lovely - I used root ginger not stem and whizzed it in the chopper with the carrots. This also makes it 5 syns (or 0 syns if using a HEB)

Well worth it :)

Just had a slice of this warm from the microwave with sweetened quark frosting, wow Thanks so much for this, I tried a choc scan bran cake a while ago and hated it but this is delicious

Back