Scan Bran

kanslow

My consultant told us that in test, people in the group who swapped a healthy extra B for 5 scan bran lost on average 4lb a week.

I tried this last week and lost an amazing 4.5lbs! This was after using a lot of syns on vodka and ate out twice too!

So this week I bought more scan bran and have tried to be more creative with it, so I thought I'd share it with everyone!

Toppings I have had:

Fat free cottage cheese and topped with tomato or cucumber;

Quark mixed with garlic and herbs;

Dairylea HEA;

Quark mixed with vanilla essence and topped with sliced banana;

Syn free scan bran cake:
5 scan bran soaked in a little boiling water until moist
1 teaspoon coffee
Cap of vanilla essence
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 eggs
5 tbsp sweetener
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
Mix all ingredients together and microwave for 7 mins. Eat pieces throughout the day. Delicious!!!

Aso, this morning I tried this:

Break up five scan bran into 1-2 cm pieces. Place in a bowl, and cover with skimmed milk from HEA. Add sliced banana for a yummy cereal!!

Hope this helps everyone, I'm looking forward to another good loss this week!

oh ok, i'll have a look out for it, if not i'll ask my mum to get me some because i don't go to classes. Thanks x

Scan Bran is legendary. I ate one SB cake a week for 2 or 3 weeks a while back and lost between 2.5 + 3lbs each week I ate it, compared to the 1 - 2lbs I lose when I don't eat it. The cake tastes pretty awesome too :D

Going to Holland + Barrett tomorrow to stock up :) anyone know if their sales still on..?

Yes evilpenguin, the sale is still on until Wednesday (17th) ! Reading this thread I'm going to get into it too!! Between that and my green tea intake I'm going to be a transformed woman in no time!!X

Thanks funcurls. I remember reading the green tea thread.. got me intrigued! Might have to try it.

I didn't think much of the Twinings green teas, but the Clipper one with lemon is delicious! Really zingy and refreshing! Some of them can be really bitter and unpleasant, or just tasteless!X

I remember my gran forcing me to drink some horrible raspberry tea she had bought from Lidl. It was like warm diluted juice - rank! But if it aids weight loss I'm up for it! Will see if I can pick any up tomorrow on my scan bran hunt.

Right! Green tea and Scan Bran for me too..........especially as I went way over syns last night and weigh in is Monday!:cry:

Think I will be buying some scan bran when I'm next near a H&B. Anyone got any theories as to why it increases weight loss? Is it just that it's really high in fibre and makes you poo a lot ? ;)

Am I correct in saying that the stuff that some places sell as Norwegian Bran is the same as Scan Bran?

I may be wrong but that seems to be lurking in the depths of my brain for some reason!!

I eat a piece of scan bran cake most days, I love it. I also like scan bran with LC light and marmite.
I didn't get more than 1lb a week loss, but maybe without it I'd have had even less than that.

hi kanslow glad evreyone is gettin in2 scanbran in my class here in ireland iam called the scanbran queen lol breakfast i hve 3 scan bran pour boiling water on till moist then pour strawberry muller on then slice strawberrys on top or bannana enjoy u will go 2 the toilet fab 4 losing weight

I noticed in the Lidl magazine that comes through my door with the free newspaper each week that they are going to be having a Scandinavian special and will be selling Scan Krisp which it says is a Scandinavian high fibre crispbread. Havn't been in to check but I wonder whether it migh be the same or similar to scan bran?

Back