Scared to go along to a local meeting

It is nerve wrecking to walk through that door but it really is the best choice you can make. It's like having another family who know exactly what you are going through. They support all your losses and commiserate on any gains (someone has always been through the same experiences).

I almost bottled out of going to my class. It was chucking it down with rain, the car park was full so I had to panic looking for somewhere else to go, so I almost drove back home.

A lot of people seem to just weigh and go but I find sitting around having a chat and a cuppa can be motivational.

It is nothing like "Fat Fighters" from Little Britain! You don't weigh in front of everyone and the scales don't boom out your weight on loudspeaker!

Good luck! :)

Lol at the fat fighters comment! I really dont know what I am expecting, but I am determined to do this and I wish I could continue on the plan I am now but I just cant afford it...so bravery it is then I am going to sign up for 12 weeks so that I am there for the long haul!

i can only echo what the others have said. I think we spend so much of our life feeling like we're 'abnormal' for being large - and feelign lonely with it - that we forget there are so many other people feeling the same.

Just about everyone in that group will have felt the same way you do at their first meeting. You will see people sitting about chatting like they've known each other for years - but most of them will have walked in that door without knowing a soul the first time.

You'll be fine xxxx

Just been reading through this thread & am really pleased you have decided to go along.

I go bright red in front of people I don't know quite easily,so the thought at sitting in a group made me feel like there was no way I wanted to go - but am so pleased I have done. I have lost just over 2 stone since joining & only joined at the begining of Jan so it was well worth it!

Well todays the day, I am determined to go through with this, but its going to be constantly on my mind all day :( Are there set menus I can follow for a week or do I have to make it up as I go along?

wishing you all the best for tonight ((((hugs)))) you will be fine.

Once you are at group you will get a password for online sw that has a menu plan you can follow or theres one in the sw mag sold at class.

Thanks for that soccermum, I need that regime I think as its all down to time for me, but if everything is planned I make sure it happens

Good Luck (although you won't need it! ;)) There is a little book in the pack that gives you some recipes for the first week or so. There is also loads of recipe books you can buy too - I spent about £30 in my first week.... I thought if I made the financial commitment I was more likely to stick to it :)

have fun, I hope your consultant is lovely!!!

thats good then, if I know what I am doing I should be ok...Im going to pay for 6 weeks upfront as then I know I will behave myself and as long as work allows make sure I attend, I know that if its a diet that will work for me I will lose weight as Im now in my third month of weight loss and am in the right frame of mind, apart from the old binge yearnings returning sometimes...just have to try to be strong!

Good luck hun, you will be fine and this time 2m wondering why you were in a tizz about it lol

I am the same, cos I am not from here orginally and have always done slimming clubs and exercise classes with mates i still get that feeling of dread at walking in on my own but people are always really friendly

:)

x

not long now!!! just hope my scales and theirs are about the same!

wahoooooooooo.....I did it! I was the only newbie tonight but it was fine, not to sure how I am going to cope with being able to eat so much food after only having 1000-1200 calories a day!

well done to you, give yourself a big hug !!! I always buy the SW magazine for ideas on meal planning. Good luck for the week ahead.

I know exactly how you feel as I was the same when I joined my group near Maldon last November. You have 3 groups to choose from in your area. It may be scary going through the door for the first time but after that you'll wonder why you were ever nervous - you will be given a warm welcome by your consultant and the whole group - go for it - your only regret is that you didn't do it sooner.:)

Back