Scared to use my syns!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Becky1987, 21 September 2010 Social URL.

1. Becky1987

Becky1987 Member

Hi everyone!
    I rejoined slimming world last night ( I did it about 8 months for a couple of months) and I am so motivated, but for some reason I am really scared to use my syns! My rational side knows that they actually help your weight loss and the consultants encourage you to have between 5-15 (my consultant told me to start out having 10 a day) and even though slimming world worked for me last time I still can't get my head around being able to use syns to have treats and still lose weight! Please shake some sense into me! :)
    Thanks for reading!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. *honey

*honey Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(8.33%)
    Diet:
    Slim fast
    * shakes you * get using those Syns
    There yummy and there part of the plan. If you don't have them your not actually following the plan correctly. So enjoy those syns :)

4. lynsey-j

lynsey-j Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(20.93%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Like your consultant says, use around 10 syns a day and you'll soon be fine using them when you see the weight dropping off ;) Good luck!

5. London Fielder

London Fielder Member

I know what you mean, I've been hoarding them for some reason best known to my inner self! I know they're there to make the diet more comfortable and lots of people seem to use them to jazz up regular means rather than two gin and tonics (me last night
    Actually, do you know if you can 'save' them - it's my birthday at the weekend and I've seen a bottle of champagne in the cupboard which i'm hoping is for me!

6. lynsey-j

lynsey-j Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(20.93%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    My consultant says it's fine to save your syns - maybe not every week, but if you know you've got a night out or celebration etc, then you can save your syns for that night. And happy birthday for the weekend!

7. Becky1987

Becky1987 Member

Thanks for replying! I think I would prefer using my syns to jazz up my meals too (gravy, condiments etc) rather than actual treats. I will definately use my syns, just had a bit of a wobble lol, I never thought about it like that Honey but you are right! Anyway I am off to have my steak, slimming world chips and salad, yum yum and I might use some syns on some mustard for dipping, mmmmmmm!
    Thanks again :)

8. Lexie_dog

Lexie_dog UNLEASHING THE BEAST!

Start Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(1.57%)
    Diet:
    SW, minimal bread!
    I just had to *force* myself to eat some aplen bars.

It's a hard life....

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.