scared

atchonblimp21

I want to join a slimming world class. but am extremely shy, and scared of new things. I am already doing sw but I am not doin too well lately on my own, so thought a class would be a gd idea.

Should I go? Is it worth goin? can someone help persuade me.....? :sigh:

Hello i sympathise with you soooooooo much i joined a class on my own last week and have to say even though my sister is the consultant i found it even harder because she would finally know what i weigh and i always tried to skimm weight off myself ie. saying i was about 12stone when really i was 15 hahahhaa (didn't work i guess) but glad i found the courage to go and i have first weigh in tonight i would just say try and pluck up the courage to and please STAY to the class.......... Hope this helps hunny xxxxxxx

I joined alone and was at my first weigh in last week alone and will be going again on Thursday night alone, i am determined to lose weight and i will. Whereabouts in the country are you - I have found that if you just make the effort it will be worth it - everyone is in the same boat, well at my class anyway we are all normal people no Kate Moss's or Twiggies which is what i was dreading.. go along and say hello - i am sure you will find its worth it...

please please please go! i am EXACTLY like you in real life - i'm extremely shy and i cannot stand being in new situations or meeting new people. i don't know what it is i'm scared of... i just AM... :eek:

i finally plucked up the courage to go to a class after not doing very well at home, and it was the best thing i ever did :) everyone was uber-friendly and welcoming and i felt so comfortable being in a room full of people who i know pretty much feel the same way about themselves as i do about me (they wouldn't be there otherwise!).

i had a few weeks off recently and received a couple of lovely emails from my consultant, which i ignored :eek: but i found the courage to go back this thursday just gone, which was even harder than walking in the door in the first place! and of course, they welcomed me back with open arms :)

i just said "i've had a few weeks off and i'm rejoining" and went from there. honestly, everyone will be lovely and you'll SO regret it if you decide not to go :)

it only the first few seconds which are scary - once it's done, it's over with and you can get on with being a successful SW-er! :D

good luck - let us know how you get on :D xx

oh, and if you can, PLEASE make sure you stay to image therapy - it's fab! and you'll find out SO many things about how to use the SW plan to it's fullest. the members also share their tips and recipes etc so it's definitely worth staying. you'll probably find that it gives you a boost of confidence too - i know it does me :) xx

class = boss. Plus, in a couple of weeks you won't be worried about being there by yourself, you'll have made lots of lovely new friends who all support you just as much as the consultant will xx

hey girl,

were is your class, you never know someone on here maybe at the some one as you.

Please go. honestly you wont find anyone more scared and shy than me. i hate people, all people, they frighten the life out of me, but my consultant knows this, she asks me if im ok and then just moves on when i say yes, so i get the benifit of listening to others etc with out having to actually speak lol. also you can ring your consultants and email them so its all great.

you need to go, i did it at home and it just doesnt work. keep your head down when you walk in, you consultant will let sign you up, they are friendly people, goes with the job title and then thats it. after a while most people just relax right into it. we are all their for the same reason so no one is the odd one out or anything like that. take each class at a time and you will see how much better it is to go. you could even take a friend with you on your first visit , not to join up but just to walk in with you if it helps.

good luck, take a deep breath and open the door to sucess (hahah that was sooo cheesy, sorry....but true)

if you feel really anxious you could go, but say to yourself if you are uncomftable you can always leave. even if it is for a breath of fresh air and return then it should take the pressure of staying in the 'social situation' but systematically buildng up the chanellge. Good luck and most people are friendly.

Yes get to that class, take it from a guy that has had to walk into various diet groups been the only man in the room. Face ur fear just do it, u will find support in many n every way

hi
im sure you will be fine,it was my first week joining last week i was very shy nervous didnt know what to expect thought everyone would stare at me but they dont they made me feel so welcome and remember if you dont like it you dont have to return but the advantage you will get support and remember you are all there for the same reason to lose weight and stay healthy goodluck with it all.

You'll notice my avatar is little miss shy. I am painfully shy in new situations (which is odd because i meet new people every day in my work but that's different!) I went to a meeting and people said hi etc and now i feel really comy there, we all talk and some people there i get on well with. Go along and i swear you'll meet lovely people who are all there to do the same. i don't regret it at all :)

I've never had anyone to go to a class with, but I can honestly say, once you're through the door, that's the hardest part over! You can sit and say nothing at first, but as the weeks go on you will be part of a big family who are all rooting for you. You'll find your tongue and be part of the banter.It's my favourite part of the week! A good laugh with friends who know exactly how you feel. No one judges you, everyones in the same boat, and you'll never feel alone again! Good luck!

I think it's sometimes better to go alone - that way you won't be tempted to stop going / not go one week because your slimming buddy is. Also, you'll be more approachable for the other shy people to introduce themselves to!

Please go for it!
I have joined SW, in different classes and everyone has always been friendly.
After I joined this time, I found that a girl from work also goes. I didn't know that before I went and not until my third week as she was on holiday. It made no difference as no-one ever feels like a stranger!
Good luck!

You've had great advice in this thread! I was a bit wary of going at first and I felt a bit out of place for a couple of weeks...But now I love my class and I've made some good friends, who give me lifts home (yay!) and seems as happy about my losses as I am.

Hi everyone. Thank You so so so much for your amazing comments. It's so nice to know that there are others just a scared of people as me lol. But, Thanks to u guys I am now determined to go to class, I live in Plymouth, Devon. and have found a class that isn't too far away, and knowing that there are such nice people like you at the classes makes me feel much better :D and I will not chicken! and I really hope it will make the difference like you all say it will. I am actually a little excited now...in amongst the nerves lol...

Thank You everyone....

Hopefully I can go from :fear: to :gen126: in no time!

Yay, glad you made the decision to go, I promise you however scared you are at first it really is worth it! I said in another post earlier today that I hadn't left the house except for Doctors appointments in almost a year and a half when I walked through the doors of my class in May. I suffer from depression following a series of unfortunate events, and walking into that class has helped me face some of my fears.

They really are a lovely bunch, although I am still too shy to make friends yet, I don't dread having to speak in front of the group, so really believe me if I can get through that door anyone can :D

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww so happy you have decided to go that is just awesome!!! and yes you will go from scared to being surrounded by friends really quickly i am just sure of it!! Please keep in touch and let me know how you get on i have only had 1 weigh in so still finding my feel with the people in my class but each week i just know i will get easier and easier and soon will be looking forward to seeing MY FRIENDS each week
Take care and have a great week,
Luv Sharon xxxx

Back