Scary stuff!

karra

Loser ;)
Hello :)

Not sure where to begin!

I have been struggling with my weight since I was 12 years old (I'm 28 in 2 weeks) and I have had enough - I want it gone!

I am going through a bit of a difficult time - my 3yo daughter and I have just left a horrible relationship and moved back in with my mum whilst we get sorted financially and sort ourselves somewhere of our own. I am really struggling with all kinds of feelings of guilt and shame - have I done the right thing? Am I a failure for giving up a house and moving into a box room with my baby? I know that I couldn't continue in the relationship but these feelings keep popping up!

It has been a few weeks now and I am starting to notice my weight a lot more - I am starting to realise that I used the fat as a barrier against having a 'real' life and putting myself out there - I have lost a stone over the last few months with WW but have 8 to go - I really want to shed the weight and start living again. I have been living in a bubble of takeaways, crisps and alcohol for a long time and I want to start grabbing life with two hands.

I am starting to realise how lucky I am - I have a gorgeous, crazy daughter, a fabulous family and a job which I absolutely love :D

It's WI night tonight and I am drawing the line on a rubbish week and starting afresh - I want to be me again!

Sorry for the long post, thanks for reading :)

Kelly

Hi Kelly, welcome! It sounds like you've been going through some tough times but it's great that you want to do something positive to make yourself feel better. Well done on the weight loss so far. Good luck for WI tonight.

To me you sound like super mum! Extra brave and looking out for you and your girl! :) Welcome hun! :)

Thank you guys :) put a pound on last night but not letting it get me down! Tracking everything today xxx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

Try weigh yourself once a week (after a loo visit in the morning) and you'll get a bit clearer picture imo :)

hi karra
good on you for walking away now your life will all fit in place you will lose this weight because you know you have your life back and you and your daughter or in a safe haven now
i can agree with you about your weight being your barrier i hide behind mind but not anymore
good luck darling x x x x x

Well, what a mad few weeks!

Got back from Benidorm on Thursday after a week's All Inclusive (!) and the keys for my house had to be handed in yesterday, which meant last minute mad dashes to get the last bits out and the house cleaned. My final bill will be forwarded which will include arrears and any damage they find, which they will and it was all caused by my ex - who, by the way has left everything to me to sort out. On top of that, work is hectic and I'm doing a teaching qualification which I have assignments due and lessons to plan. Stress!

Saying that, I know I have made the right decision. Thinking of going back to that situation makes me wonder how I put up with it for so long!

Weight wise, I'm back at class Tuesday and it ain't gonna be good! I am starting afresh (a bit like everything else in my life at the moment) and going for it big time. I haven't been in the right place before now and it's time I started putting myself first. My weight has always been an issue but now it is affecting my health - I'm 28 and struggle to move around. I want to live!!

Sorry for the long post - I needed to write it all down to make any sense of it :)

Thanks xxxx

hi hun you done the right thing love moving on and leaving your past behind x x x

Wow, well done for making what sounds like some pretty big decisions! Despite everything, you sound really determined and positive in your post - you really are super mum! Hopefully eating healthier will also help you to deal with all the difficult stuff you're dealing with at the moment too.

What are you planning to teach? I've been teaching for 11 years, so completely understand the stresses that brings, especially while you are training.

have a good week

Kim

Perfect time for moving forward and moving on love - you are AWESOME! New year new start with all the old bits tidied up before the new year starts.

You are so strong! You can take it all in your stride and keep going forward and we are ALWAYS here for you! :) Next year is for you lovely xx

Back