school holiday blues

chellxx

Hi everyone,

i'm sorry before i start, but i needed a bit of a rant, for the last 2 weeks my wieght has stayed the same. I dont know wether its because the kids are home or what it is i have been really good and if i have over syned i'v cut down on other days. i'm lucky as my lot aged 12,09,08,07 love going out for walks so we have gone on lots of walks. i am getting depressed as my wieghts staying the same. is anyone else having the same problem?
I am trying to make all the meals i cook slimming world friendly, so i can feed the whole family it is getting really tough as money is so tight. ( i know same as everyone, just notice it more when the kids are off school )
been following the plan since May and have lost a stone and a half, i dont attend classes and have used this site as my main referance plus a printed out plan i purchased from ebay last year.
I have reached a stage in my life where i am determined once and for all to stick to this and loose the wieght got another 3 and a half stone to loose.
I feel so much better in myself dispite not losing anything for the last couple of weeks.
but i am starting to loose faith.
sorry for waffling on just needed to get it out if you know what i mean.
Thanks
Michelle

it's hard on the holidays. i know it's not great to STS (personally i would be gutted usually) but maybe if you set yourself the goal just to STS for the holidays, and still follow the plan as you have been, and then get back on it once everyone is back at school you might not feel bad? Just stick with it and the lbs will drop :)

Thanks chuffy, i suppose i should be happy that i'v stayed the same and not gained, i would be in tears then. i'm just finding it hard to stay motivated when i'm not not loosing even if its only a pound loss its a step nearer to goal.

Aww chin up hun. Could be worse you could have put on weight and even worser gave up all together. At least your showing strength and fighting to stay on track! Just keep it going girl! YOU CAN DO THIS! Bravo on coming on here to get it off your chest! Thats what this site is for at the end of the day!

When do you get weighed? I just recently brought a colourful note pad as i have been off plan for 3 weeks and thought this would act as my new food diary. Fresh start and all that. Do you do a food diary?

I remember reading on here a tip somebody left. They went around all their cuboards and found out the syn value of everything and wrote it on the labels. I suspect with the kids being off more treats are in the cuboards? Maybe you could do that and that way you have a positive reminder of the syn values of each item.

Or why not stick a pic of yourself on the fridge and a blank piece of paper. When times are low you could write on the paper your thoughts... just silly ideas. But keep it going girl you're doing fabulous!

Oooo just another thought have you measured yourself? It could be that you STS but lost inches!!!! :D:D:D xxx

Lol I was the one that said that I wrote down the syn values on all labels and packets! It means that I have to think twice before eating something I shouldnt! Glad to hear that someone remembered it and didnt think I was a complete nutter!!! Lol
I write everything down in a book....I plan a day ahead, so that I know what to take out of freezer etc.
I dont attend a class either Hun, so doing this on my own too, I know how difficult it is to stick to plan without thinking "well, it doesnt matter, as I dont have to face a class or consultant each week!"
Its a good thing that your little ones love walking though! My Daughter does too and this week as Im off work and cant drive the car, she has been walking to Nursery with me there and back!
As the others have said, just keep doing the plan, but make sure you write it down, or even keep a food diary on here..I do and it really helps!

Good luck and you can get there!

xxx

Thats an idea i havent measured myself, i'm quite good with the syns side when at home days out i find a struggle, only good thing about trying to save money we have picnics. could not resist having an whippy icecream cone the other day though, have no idea on the syns in that so i just didnt syn the following day.

One icecream will not kill you Hun...you are after all human! Lol, as you did right by reducing your syns the next day, you will be fine. You have to live!!!
Picnics are a fantastic way to keep you on plan and dont have to cost the earth either, so keep that up!

xx

If you go onto the SW website they have a free download of a weeks plan. You could always write it down if you haven't got a printer. It's very hard to do it on your own. I know that after a few weeks I need the discipline of a class. You could look on here, I know there have been quite a few threads lately about doing SW on a budget. It doesn't have to be expensive. I remember when we moved into this house Neither of us had a job and I got our grocery bill for 2 down to £20. It wasn't very inspiring, but we ate well and I lost a stone in 2 months. I shall hopefully never have to rely on tesco's basic range again! But I bought veg at the market before it closed, and went to the supermarkets at 7 0 clock when they were reducing everything. It takes alot of organising but it can be done!

wanted to say thankyou and sorry about having a moan, not a nice way to introduce myself. i am feeling better today and not getting on the scales till next wednesday, which is my wiegh day. i'v given myself a talking to and come to the conclusion as long as i'm not gaining not to worry i am eating healthier than i have in a long time and really enjoying it and so are my family. i'v got my passion for cooking back. i'm excercising more so there are lots of positives. its also coming up to that time of the month so probally why i am feeling a bit down and a bit bloated.
but i'm sticking with as from what i understand about slimming world its not all about losing wieght its about changing what you eat and how you eat.

Just wanted to say that I completely understand how you feel. This time round my weight has been dropping off sooo slowly at about half a pound a week. I always always have green days so I have decided to change my diet completely to red days to see if that kicks it into shape. I will let you know if anything changes.
xx

i do a mixture of both tend to do more green days during the week and red days over the weekend. i was thinking of doing more red days but green days are cheaper and more filling i find.

yay !!!!! iv just found my tape measure and iv lost inches so i'm feeling really chuffed. just the motivation i needed.

Just been reading all the posts ,glad your feeling better now you have lost the inches:bliss:just had to do that one cos thats what I would be doing if I lost inches :D
Its so much harder when the kids are of school as well ,I am doing it from home as well I prefer it ,rather than going to a class plus saves money ,theres tons of sw sites if you google them ,lots more inspiration for us all :D

Hi
Over the past 2 weeks i put on 1lb and maintained. I did feel upset (doesn't normally bother me) other members of the group were going on about having Chinese, chippie etc etc and they had lost weight. I thought i had done well all week and stuck to the plan.
So books/mags have been out.
I'm writing a food diary
Drinking more water
Hoping to do more walking if the rain would just stop lol
Eating ss food

I am doing well in that im not comfort eating i want to lose half a stone before my daughter comes home (mini target) Im missing my daughter very much (She is in France until September).

Any more ideas
Thank you

Back