Second day refeed is this normal?

Daniellebaby15

Today is my second day referring yesterday I had 2 shakes and a small meal of salmon grilled with salad but today I have had my first shake about 3 hours ago and have been feeling very very hungry is this normal??? :confused:

How much water do you mix your maintenance shake with? I'm just starting tomorrow but my pharmacist has given me that information and I can't find it in the hand out. Please help. X

allysweetcheeks said:
How much water do you mix your maintenance shake with? I'm just starting tomorrow but my pharmacist has given me that information and I can't find it in the hand out. Please help. X

300 mls for the maintenance shakes. I'm doing refeed this week too, it's actually grand, I can't stomach the shakes tho, found them too sweet and sickening but I love the maintenance caramel bars, so my brekkie in morning is one of them and a nice cup of tea! :)
In terms of being hungry, I'm the opposite, I'm stuffed after my lunch and then my dinner, I swear my stomach must have shrunk! Not that I'm complaining! :) lol

Daniellebaby15 said:
Today is my second day referring yesterday I had 2 shakes and a small meal of salmon grilled with salad but today I have had my first shake about 3 hours ago and have been feeling very very hungry is this normal??? :confused:

I've been feeling that too! I think it's a mix if things- my mind playing tricks on me because it knows I can have food again! And I've definitely not been drinking enough water. I get very hungry in the evenings after my dinner, even though I fill up quickly when I'm eating it. I just drink a cuppa and some water and that seems to fill me up until morning time.

Neaady said:
300 mls for the maintenance shakes. I'm doing refeed this week too, it's actually grand, I can't stomach the shakes tho, found them too sweet and sickening but I love the maintenance caramel bars, so my brekkie in morning is one of them and a nice cup of tea! :)
In terms of being hungry, I'm the opposite, I'm stuffed after my lunch and then my dinner, I swear my stomach must have shrunk! Not that I'm complaining! :) lol

Oh dear lord, the maintenance shakes are hideous! So so sweet. I can't understand why? Is it because we haven't had anything sweet in so long? They are so sickly. And I had to buy a "bargain" pack of 7. I've only managed 2. My pharmacist said I wasn't allowed caramel bars the first week but I think she was confusing them with the flapjacks :(

I have the vegetable soup though, maybe I'll try that for breakfast this morning instead? I loved the chicken soup.

I think my stomach has definitely shrunk. I'm delighted and also afraid of having a big meal as I don't want to stretch it back to the size it was!

yea im kinda guessing that too that because we haven't eaten in so long that thats why they taste so sweet! cause when i took my first cup of tea with a dash of skimmed milk it tasted so creamy, whereas normally before it tasted like there was no milk in it!
yea i think your pharmasist is mixing the flapjacks up with the caramel bars, cause the refeed is only for 1 week so it wouldn't make sence not to allow you to have any of the maintenance foods on the first week. i was lucky tho in that my partner LOVES the shakes and he is doing the refeed with me, so i gave him all my shakes and he gave me all the caramel bars (he didn't like them)
hehe.. and i had to laugh at your comment regarding the being afraid you are going to stretch your tummy again - oh i am exactly the same! i dont want to stretch it by over eating, really enjoying the fact that i can eat my small meals and feel so full after them. last night we had the spagetti bol and i couldnt even finish that cause i was so full - had a cup of tea later on in the night and that was it all evening! before this diet i would have been picking at toast etc. :)

Ah we are so alike! Funny you mention the tea- I was so excited about my first cuppa with milk but it was a complete let-down! I thought I'd accidentally put my daughter's full fat milk in, instead of skimmed but you're right, even the skimmed milk tastes creamy now! I'm slowly getting used to loving my tea again now.

One thing I'm delighted about is that Lipotrim got us out of the habit of eating in the evening in front of the tv. We eat dinner quite early so then when our little one went to bed, we would treat ourselves to a cuppa and a pack of biccies. So unhealthy and unnecessary! I'm going to now try and not eat after dinner time. A cuppa is plenty for me now too. Yippee! X

Back