second weigh in

Hi Hellie, well done on another good loss! Was there any particular reason you wanted to add food?

If you really do need to have some normal food, then you would be best off following the CD 790 programme to be honest. This usually keeps you in ketosis so you are fat-burning. The loss is good but obviously you wont lose as fast as SSing. You do, however, need to have 3 packs a day, in order to make sure you are getting 100% of your RDA of nutrients. On top of that you can have some chicken, turkey, cottage cheese or tofu, plus 3 tablespoons of green veg. The exact qtys are posted on the CD board.

Have you thought about having Add A Meal weeks? On CD, every 5th week you have a VERY small meal of chicken etc and green veg, for 7 days, then you go back to SSing. Personally I found it didnt inhibit my loss, and actually helped speed things up a bit - I had been SSing for a long, long time before that! I also am a firm believe that AAM weeks are esential in order to save your metabolism from being totally b*ggered!!

HTH

:):)3rd weigh in this morning ,,lost 3lbs which i'm pleased with,,i expected it to slow down,, i'm now toying with the idea of introducing food,,i was going to have 2 shakes a day and a bit of chicken with salad or veg,,is that ok ?,,i asked the lady in the chemist but all she said was that it would really slow down my weight loss,,any advice will be appreciated,,:thankyou:

OH well done - thats fab loss.

Hellie - are you on the LT total replacement??? If you plan to eat you are best going on the maintence LT Plan (as per my Chemist) as the shakes have more fibre and keep you much fuller if you are eating.....alternatively Elle suggest is also another good idea....

:thankyou:for your your help ..thanx Elle for your suggestions ,,i want to introduce food because ive got a real sudden urge to chew (sounds silly i no) and if i dont eat i think i'll start to pick, i'll have to look into it more before i decide .yes Bea i am on lipotrim i asked the lady in the chemist about introducing food and she just said introduce 1 small low fat meal in stead of a shake ,

Congratulations on your weight loss. You may be tempted to re-introduce food, just don't let it become a slippery slope back to your old eating habits. If you get ahold of the Lipotrim re-feed leaflet, it tells you how you can reintroduce food.

:thankyou:for your your help ..thanx Elle for your suggestions ,,i want to introduce food because ive got a real sudden urge to chew (sounds silly i no) and if i dont eat i think i'll start to pick, i'll have to look into it more before i decide .yes Bea i am on lipotrim i asked the lady in the chemist about introducing food and she just said introduce 1 small low fat meal in stead of a shake ,

DONT DO IT!!!!! Just kiding!!

No this is what I did and to be honest you just start to slip and it so hard to get back into it again!!! But.....if you must eat then either go with the LT refeed programme or the CD 790 plan but you have to stick to it and nothing else or you will be gone!! I know I did it!! Did you try the flapjacks recently because they could help and you could find you like them this time around.

thanx ladies ,,ive decided i'm gonna stay on lipotrim for a week ,,until my next weigh in ,,then i'll ask for the re-feed leaflet,,then i'll decide,,the more i think about the more i want to succeed but when does the point come wen we have to start eating ? we cant stay on lipotrim for ever surely,,i no ive probably read about about it somewhere on here but my memory is like a sieve :p

hi Hellie, good decision! On LT they advise sole-surcing till you are a few pounds under your goal weight, then you can start the re-feed. On CD however, I understand you sole-source till you are BMI 26 which is usually above your goal weight (in my case 10lb above), but this info has just been issued so that it is in line with new guidelines from COMA, so I tend to agree with this!! On CD you then go through the stages of 790 and 100 etc etc, so you are still losing weight, and it takes about 6 weeks to get back to eating normally. PErsonally I think this is a better way to go about it!!

When I refeed I shall follow the instructions, but instead of doing it for just a week, I am going to do it for 6 weeks in order for my body to adjust and for my weight to stabilise. Once that is achieved I hope to move to a 1500 calorie a day diet I have and then increase/decrease the quantities until I stabilize on that. I have even more of an incentive to get to 10 stone now. My doctor thinks it will be an ideal weight for me and when I have stabilized and established some sort of equilibrium, he will put me in to have my hernia fixed. That at least will be a relief. So, I have it all planned out, let us hope I have done it right.

Back