Self confidence, body conscious, sex and a lot of other rambles!

TFG- an extremely hot (he has a ribbed stomach) man has just left my place. I was half seeing him last year, out of teh blue i texted him yest and we spent this afternoon like a pair of teenagers. He even touched my stomach, a lot. Its about 28 times bigger than his. Hmmmmmmmmmm........

Maybe he doesn't mind my weight?
There is hope for us all!

Well I'm guessing that he doesn't. If his personality is as hot as you say he is physically, I would count yourself very lucky and not let him go!

woo finally we getting to the sex as said in the title;) joking of course - glad to hear you getting some action kellie, long may it last:)

Sounds like he's put a smile on your face anyway :) And that's got to be a good thing!

Just to keep you updated on my Thursday night gentleman caller...I bit the bullet and called him for a chat last night, but it went straight to voicemail. I hate leaving messages so I sent a quick text to let him know I'd tried calling.
He replied about half an hour later saying 'battery flat - will get a charge and call you x'. And guess what? It's almost 24 hours later and I haven't heard anything!! How long does it take to charge a phone!!!?

Grrr, I guess I'm just feeling a little vulnerable after Thursday...and while I don't know if it'll ever be a long-term thing, I did really enjoy his company and I don't just want it to fizzle out like this :(
I'm reserving judgement as much as I can, but at the moment I'm not hopeful if he can't even send a text to explain the lack of phonecall!

This is so typical man isn't it! I just don't get it. Cos if he had no interest, he wouldnt have called over on thursday, and then if he's lost interest he wouldnt have replied at all to your text. He texted and so there must be interest there!

Yeah, don't think about it, focus on other stuff and who knows....

This is so typical man isn't it! I just don't get it. Cos if he had no interest, he wouldnt have called over on thursday, and then if he's lost interest he wouldnt have replied at all to your text. He texted and so there must be interest there!

Yeah, don't think about it, focus on other stuff and who knows....

ah will you stop i can say the exact same thing about ye women!! its not men in general but the type of man that ye are attracted to. have yet to understand it myself;)

sorry to hear that alex:( hope you don't spend too long reserving judgement. i can't speak for him cos i don't know him but the excuses keep coming, really busy, then battery etc.

its not to say he doesn't like you - he could just be trying to play the cat and mouse game - if you know what i mean - and leave you dangling waiting for his next phone call. which you are doing btw;)

i don't understand it but a friend told me recently that blokes can't be seen to be too available - treating you mean to keep you keen i suppose.

hope you get it sorted anyway whichever way it works out

Kellierocks sounds like you had a really good afternoon - long may it continue!

Alex, as breadbin says - it is the cat and mouse game..or if he is far too busy to speak to you now, what will he be like in the future when you really are seeing each other....if you want my opinion, ditch him now whilst you've still got your dignity - your worth soo much more than this....

Good luck
xx

tfg, im glad you plucked up the courage to meet him. Now you can do it again with someone else :) you know that you can do it! & i hope that you do find someone else, just keep looking!
As for sex, thats nothing to be worried about. When it happens.. it will happen, and when its the right time, with the right person for you, you will feel comfortable :) x

Ladies! All this talk of men being too busy to respond.. I'm sorry but that's bullshit. No matter how busy people are, they will ALWAYS make time for someone they really want or care about. So if they're playing hard to get for no reason, it's either there's no chemistry there for them and they don't know how to let you off, so they're being distant so you'll lose interest or that they want to see if you still care even when they're being difficult. And sometimes when you seem too keen, then maybe you're the one who should play hard to get a little, show them that you can lead and you're not just waiting around for him and have got other stuff going on!

When me and my man started dating, he was working two jobs, over 60 hours a week and I was a full-time student, and we saw each other all the time anyway, even if it was late night coffee or brunch or whatever it may be. There is always time, trust me.

And TGF, about your bodily hang-ups, I bet a lot of them are in your head. I was only just a little bit bigger than I am now when I met my current boyfriend and he just loved my curves, he would rave about them whenever he could, but all I saw was my flabby stomach, my cellulite, lumpy thighs, wobbly arms, and stretch marks. He saw none of that. So it's all about perception, we're always so hard on ourselves you know. Men tend to just enjoy naked ladies, and they don't notice most things that we focus on. Men like curves, they find it's womanly and soft and what not. Not all men, granted but hey, it takes all sorts. I think men, even if they don't broadcast it, I think they care about bonding, closeness, intimacy just as much as we do. And they want to make us feel good. So if you have hang-ups and he compliments you regardless, then you'll just like him that much more so it's a win-win situation for everyone. I say don't bother with that lad, he's obviously not that into you, otherwise he would have called. There's plenty more fish in the sea :)

Last edited:
Ladies! All this talk of men being too busy to respond.. I'm sorry but that's bullshit. No matter how busy people are, they will ALWAYS make time for someone they really want or care about. So if they're playing hard to get for no reason, it's either there's no chemistry there for them and they don't know how to let you off, so they're being distant so you'll lose interest or that they want to see if you still care even when they're being difficult. And sometimes when you seem too keen, then maybe you're the one who should play hard to get a little, show them that you can lead and you're not just waiting around for him and have got other stuff going on!

When me and my man started dating, he was working two jobs, over 60 hours a week and I was a full-time student, and we saw each other all the time anyway, even if it was late night coffee or brunch or whatever it may be. There is always time, trust me.

And TGF, about your bodily hang-ups, I bet a lot of them are in your head. I was only just a little bit bigger than I am now when I met my current boyfriend and he just loved my curves, he would rave about them whenever he could, but all I saw was my flabby stomach, my cellulite, lumpy thighs, wobbly arms, and stretch marks. He saw none of that. So it's all about perception, we're always so hard on ourselves you know. Men tend to just enjoy naked ladies, and they don't notice most things that we focus on. Men like curves, they find it's womanly and soft and what not. Not all men, granted but hey, it takes all sorts. I think men, even if they don't broadcast it, I think they care about bonding, closeness, intimacy just as much as we do. And they want to make us feel good. So if you have hang-ups and he compliments you regardless, then you'll just like him that much more so it's a win-win situation for everyone. I say don't bother with that lad, he's obviously not that into you, otherwise he would have called. There's plenty more fish in the sea :)

well said peachy:) alex and tfg any update in your situations since april??

Not much to tell to be honest, I've seen that fella a few times since but it hasn't developed into anything more (surprise surprise!).
I did go on another date in June with someobody else, but the spark wasn't really there so that was a bit of a non-starter.
So back to the drawing board for me! I'm not desperate to find somebody to be honest, but I've just put my profile on a dating website, so I'm going to see what happens there - you never know! :)
Thanks for asking!

Awesome! Hope someone interesting comes along :)

Hey Alex,

I just wanted to say don't lose hope- I met my fella on a dating website and we have been together 18 months. He is the love of my life and it was love at first sight. He is the most kind and patient guy and puts up with all my insecurities and tears and self doubt.

I felt like you too- I thought he would see me, turn around and walk away. I went on a few dates before him with different guys and the spark wasn't there. I met Ben, we talked for a few weeks and then met up and the rest is history.

I know all about feeling horrible and there are days I can't look in the mirror, but for those days I remember that I am an intelligent, independent women and that yes at the moment I May not be the mona lisa but I am bloody trying! one day I want to feel half as beautiful as my OH tells me I am every morning.

Don't give up on finding someone- it comes along when you least expect it, but just wanted to let you know that sometimes online dating does work!

Claire :) xx

Back