Semi-Skimmed Milk

redmel

Dreamer
Hi All

I was just wondering if it would make much difference if I use Semi-Skimmed Milk instead of skimmed?

I am not really keen on skimmed milk at all....

Melx

Hi redmel, I use semi skimmed milk and I don't think it will make that much of a difference. Semi-Skimmed only works out as being about 33 calories more per serving of SF than skimmed milk. Not a huge difference!

Hope that helps :)
Emma

Thank You Emma:D

Mel x

Thanks for the welcome:D Just enjoying my luuuurvely strawberry shake:)

Mel x

To be honest can you tell the difference between skimmed and semi skimmed when it's made into a shake?? I wouldn't have thought so, but then I've drank nothing but skimmed milk for about 20 years, anything else would make me feel sick lol! But yes it'd be a bit more in the way of carolies and fat, but don't think it'd make an extreme difference if you really can't stand the shakes with skimmed. have you tried them with skimmed milk? I always blend mine up with ice cubes, don't like the taste of them without. Makes them like a thickshake, yummy!

I did try it last year with skimmed milk, I have never tried it with ice cubes though....I bet this is lovely in the summer:)

I will pick up a pint of skimmed milk when I go past the shop and give it another try. If I could get the hang of skimmed it would be better, as I drink about 10 cups of tea a day!!!

Mel x

Yes just give it another try, and try the ice cubes too. I put four ice cubes in when I make a shake, lovely! Goes nice and thick and creamy tasting! Yes really nice in the summer, not so nice in the winter when I always have to have a cup of tea with it to warm me up lol! I just don't like the shakes without making them with ice cubes.

I can't stand fully skimmed milk (also known as coloured water in our house!) BUT, I found when you add the shake powder to it it thickens up and doesn't taste / have the consistency of fully skimmed milk.

Let DH (who is skinny & drinks full fat milk and nothing else) taste on of my shakes the other week and he said I had used the wrong milk and that I had used his, assured him I hadn't (as the kids had finished the carton off in the morning and the new one was not opened yet) and he said he would never have known!

Maybe give it a try with a wee carton of fully skimmed milk? Even the wee calorie savings throughout the day in tea & shakes could add up to an extra snack bar or something?

I did buy a pint of Skimmed milk yesterday, so I gave it a whirl this morning and although I could tell the difference it was not 'very' noticable. So I will stick with it and am off to try my first cuppa with skimmed milk now:)

Thanks everyone.

Mel x

I did buy a pint of Skimmed milk yesterday, so I gave it a whirl this morning and although I could tell the difference it was not 'very' noticable. So I will stick with it and am off to try my first cuppa with skimmed milk now:)

Thanks everyone.

Mel x

Go Mel :greenapple: Once you've gone over to the skimmed side, there is no turning back lol! Did you try the ice cubes too?

I found if you have a blender and just do the shake in there it thickens up anyway :)

Tried that, but still tastes nicer with ice cubes. Yummy!

Back