September 2017 Challenge

I'm such a failure. I've gained 2lb. No chance of meeting my target and it was only and small target. No excuses for it, I'm just a pig. Thinking about just accepting myself looking like this because it has been 6 years now.
Oh Jean, don't give up! You're not just a pig or a failure!!! There will be a reason why you are more tempted to the naughtier things, even if it just sounds like an excuse, it isn't it's your reason!!!
I'm a boredom and comfort eater, if I stay up too late I eat lots of junk, when I'm feeling down in the dumps/stressed/anxious, I go looking for the snacks.
I tried doing SW twice before, both times after having had my children. It wasn't the right time for me, I didn't have the willpower to focus on my eating aswell as all the highs and lows of a lovely newborn!
In May this year, I got to a point where I was struggling to run around with my kids, I was beginning to push my partner away as I didn't like myself and that's when I knew it was time for me to do something and so far I've stuck to it. But that's because it's the right time for ME and ive told myself that no matter how long it takes, whether I gain alot then lose alot or maintain for ages, I have to stick to it.
1-3yrs ago I couldn't do that tho and maybe that's where u are now?

I hope I don't sound preachy as I don't want to, I just know that I've sat there in groups before and gained and gave up as I felt the same way.

Xxx

Jean i feel for you, I did weight watcher years ago 20+yrs ago. I was doing ok then weight loss was 1/2lb if I was lucky whilst colleagues I worked with were eating thing we "shouldn't" but losing still and I gave up. I spent the next 10 years slowly gaining. I went in slimming tablets and joined a gym I lost nearly 3 stone then my son got chicken pox and I missed my appointment for next weigh in and prescription. My weight loss had tailed off and I gave up, my son had begun assessment for autism and was an handful. I spent the next few years gaining until I find myself here at my highest ever weight. I know my body and it's going to be hard and long journey. Let's stick with it together. Or switch to a different diet for a bit. I'm going to be around for ages and I'll feel like you do but I need to do this xx
I'm such a failure. I've gained 2lb. No chance of meeting my target and it was only and small target. No excuses for it, I'm just a pig. Thinking about just accepting myself looking like this because it has been 6 years now.
an

You're NOT a pig, or a failure!

Are you doing a food diary, they help immensely.

Everyone has ups and downs, you have just had a bad week. Put it behind you and concentrate on the next.

Don't dwell on it, move on. You can do it! :)

Thank you everyone. I just need to keep myself motivated. I really want to lose this weight and I've got to remember than next time I want to reach for the wrong foods. Just had a bad week. Still got 1 week left to at least make sure I don't gain anymore weight.

Exactly...it was just one bad week. When you break it down and think about it realistically...you just have to get back on it. That's all.

I find not having too many treat items in a help, and if theres kids in the house....having a designated area that is theirs. It helps me, if something isn't mine, I won't touch it.

Also, find a snacky snack that you could enjoy quickly if you wanted to pick.

Could be a syn free mugshot (if you like them, follow it with a piece of fruit or a few bits of salad for speed)...

Or, some low syn savory snacks...this is a tricky one for me as I could binge on the whole lot so I tend to put one packet in the cupboard...and keep the rest at the other end of kitchen seperately.

Its a psychological thing with me. I find visual cues when I open the cupboard a great help.

These are brilliant ideas, thank you. Going to compile a shopping list and start again. :)

Exactly...it was just one bad week. When you break it down and think about it realistically...you just have to get back on it. That's all.

I find not having too many treat items in a help, and if theres kids in the house....having a designated area that is theirs. It helps me, if something isn't mine, I won't touch it.

Also, find a snacky snack that you could enjoy quickly if you wanted to pick.

Could be a syn free mugshot (if you like them, follow it with a piece of fruit or a few bits of salad for speed)...

Or, some low syn savory snacks...this is a tricky one for me as I could binge on the whole lot so I tend to put one packet in the cupboard...and keep the rest at the other end of kitchen seperately.

Its a psychological thing with me. I find visual cues when I open the cupboard a great help.

I am a bit late :) As theres only 1 weigh in left in sep....BUT i would like to be 3 lbs down-its mys first proper week on plan :) FX for us all. Will update on fri after weigh in xxxxx

upload_2017-9-25_13-22-2.png

+1.5 for me! Unfortunately didnt get a full month of losses BUT I have managed to get more losses this month than any other month since I started x

Down 3.4lb for me. Delighted with that after the last two weeks disappointing weigh ins.

I've been really poorly and full of a cold and cough this week. Thought I'd blown it then yesterday I did a Extra easy sp day

I got 0.7kg weight loss 1lb 8oz. Not sure if I just scrape to my target

Stuck to the plan 100% this week and lost 4lb. Go me! :) Thanks for the words of support last week, it helped me to stay on track this week. :)
A fantastic result! Makes it all worthwhile! Well done!

Back