September Starters

Hello Girls

Could i possibly join??
Im going for my LL consultation tomorrow and to get the form for the doctor to sign then hopefully can start in week or so!
Im a bit scared to be honest but i so wanna loose weight and im gonna go for it as i get married in 11months!!
Did you all find your doctor signed the form for you ok??? im bit scared he may say no and i wont be able to join but im very overweight and have a high bmi so cant see why not!!!
So have you all started hows the first few days going???

Good luck everyone! I've been preparing myself for the last few days - I'm on my second glass of water already! My GP wouldn't sign my form so I'm off to a private doc this morning. Class tomorrow eve to pick up my stuff then hopefully able to start Thursday. Caz - I'm feeling the same - excited about not eating!! :eek:How weird is that?!!!

How come your doctor would not sign?!?!! ohhh im scared now he will say no!

My doctor was fine, but I positioned it to her that I wanted to do it for health reasons i.e. hitting 40 next year and potential future health issues that 'middle age' brings and that my father had diabetes. This is a better approach than saying I want to look good (although clearly I do want to look good) and I wasn't lying, improved health and life expectancy is one of the major reasons why I'm doing this.

From reading some of the posts here it does seem to be a lottery with doctors signing or refusing. My LLC told us at the info meeting that she knew of only 2 practises that were refusing to sign in the local area, so ask her the question when you go for you initial meeting to collect the form.

its like my llc said ur not asking for there permission to do ll ur only asking them to sign a letter saying ur health status!! good luck with the other doc! bet hell sign it!!

i just had my first shake!! was vanilla with spoon of coffee and bout 4 sweetners ha!! its so weird cause i dont EVER drink coffee normally!! wasnt to bad though (shuddered couple of times but think that was the coffee and not the vanilla!!)
since drinking it though my hands and feet are fricking freezing!!
got some ketostix to gonna do one now to be nosey ha

ok im gonna go to the meeting tomorrow and speak to my consultant and get the form and go for it i think! Will let u no how i get on!

My GP signed mine no problem and didn't charge either. Mind you I made the appointment with the locum lol.

2 1/2 hours until my first meeting. Looking forward to meeting everyone who will be joining me on my journey but also a little scared when I think I wont be eating til probably 2009!!! One day at a time I guess. I just want to get the first week over and done with. I think once you see the weight come off then it gives you the inspiration to carry on.

Good luck with your first day catz!

Ooo!! Someone starting today!! Well done that lady!!

The reason my GP wouldn't sign is basically cos he "doesn't believe in VLCD". :rolleyes:

I have so much to say on this subject but I'm afraid it will turn into a rant so I'll just keep calm instead - the private homeopathic doc signed it and it's been sent to my counsellor. YAY!! All systems go !

:cry:Hi everyone! I'm a september starter too although i'm really gutted - i was supposed to be going to my first class next monday (8th) but i've had a message from the rep saying she's only had 3 forms back (mine being one of them) so she's gonna leave it another week!!! so i'm not starting till the 15th now! Can anyone tell me - she says her classes start every 14 weeks - i really hope she won't delay it any longer - what are the chances? i was so so geared up to start next week and now i've gotta wait another week Grrrrr
Very best of luck to everyone starting their journey this month - hope to get to know you all and wish you the very best of luck! i'll be around here for a while as i have between 9 & 10 stone to loose! Yikes! xxx

Good luck September Starters

Hello
I decided to do LL last New Year and had to wait until mid Feb to start due to not enough punters.It was worth the wait and worth every penny.
Good luck all of you.:grouphugg:

hey i started tonight. im all geared up for my shakes tomorow. i really hop i can stick this out. caz which class do you go to?

Had my first meeting last night. We were given all the shakes/soups in our pack and also 4 bars which we cannot have for the first few days and are only allowed 1 per day. I swapped the caramel shakes as I've heard they don't taste that nice.

I had a strawberry shake for breakfast. It was alot better than expected! I blended it with ice and it tasted just like the slimfast shake.

A little overwhelmed at the moment as it feels like a long journey but I guess it is one day at a time and I will feel better next week when I can see the result on the scales.

Molly's mum - i'm at the Bramhall one, so just down the road from you.

I will try and add a ticker now I know how much weight I have to lose!

hey everyone, its my first day and so far its gone great!!!!!!!!!! Went to my week one class last night and left with so much inspiration. I really think we can do this!!! Woo Hoo!!! xxxx

heya tammy i started yesterday to! how ya get on? i sooooooooo suprised i was grand!! wasn one piece hungry once i started my shakes and the only one im not pushed on is the carmel one!! but its not toooo bad!!
and the weird thing is im in ketosis!! is that poss? its only my sec day today and just checked and im def in it but checked yes and had trace of it!!
so hoping thats a good thing!!

thanks for the goodlucks everybody!!
and fingers crossed for people starting today xx

:cry:Hi everyone! I'm a september starter too although i'm really gutted - i was supposed to be going to my first class next monday (8th) but i've had a message from the rep saying she's only had 3 forms back (mine being one of them) so she's gonna leave it another week!!! so i'm not starting till the 15th now! Can anyone tell me - she says her classes start every 14 weeks - i really hope she won't delay it any longer - what are the chances? i was so so geared up to start next week and now i've gotta wait another week Grrrrr
Very best of luck to everyone starting their journey this month - hope to get to know you all and wish you the very best of luck! i'll be around here for a while as i have between 9 & 10 stone to loose! Yikes! xxx

awh thats so crap its weird though my llc hadnt enough time to sort out the meetings yet cause she is only new but let us all start anyways and the meetings start next week!! have u asked bout starting any ways?
try take the next while getting it into ur head etc that ur going to be doing this and maybe even start cutting down on food now and ya might loose something before hand!! good luck xxx

Hi Laststraw. It's my first day too. I've had the strawberry shake for breakfast and the vegetable soup for lunch. I expected it to be so much worse.

I have drunk about 2 litres so far today and am aiming to drink 3 each day. I'm scared of overdoing it. We were only told to drink to thirst!

I'm starting to feel hungry for the first time today and i've been thinking about food. I know I just need to get into the habit and it'll be easier when the kids go back to school tomorrow.

Just trying to wait as long as I can before the thai chilli soup which I have decided to have for 'dinner' and then a hot chocolate later on.

100 days seems sooooooo long at the moment but I am determined to do it and I WILL be slim by christmas :party0011:

Hey great news everyone - My LL rep contacted me today to say she's had a few more forms in today and so there are enough to start the group next monday night as planned now! Wahoo i'm so ready, was gutted yesterday when she said it'd be another week! So, 1st meeting next monday night and then start tuesday! Can't wait!
About these caramel shakes...........they that bad? whats up with em? are they nothing like caramel? xx:D

I'm so glad I found this thread. I've been counting down the days till I start LL - tonight FINALLY! Very exciting and I'm totally looking forward to the new me I hope to see in the mirror this Christmas. I've got about 6st to lose so will look forward to keeping in touch with other September starters on here.

well today was/is my first day. I have thought about food and my foodpacks all day. I guess you cant just switch off an addiction that quickly. I feel a bit empowered though. I had a caramel shake and I have to say its my favorite so far! The veg soup is OK but Ill not be getting anymore chicken ones!! I kinda feel like I just want to go to sleep really early so I can start on day 2. Im finding it a bit tough.My only saving grace is that I am very stubborn so I am hoping that it will get easier once I go into ketosis.

I have my introduction meeting this sunday where I'll decide if I am going through this or not. I really want to - have several stone to lose.

Have lots of worries. Worried my dr will refuse to sign. Worried I'll lose the weight then put it on, worried in general.

Largely because of reading round the internet at all the negative comments being made by non-doers.

Hopefully my intro session will take some of those nerves away (and reading here).

Will update if/when I have my start date (hoping to be Sept 18th).

hey everyone new whos started or hoping to start soon!!
im on day 2 and feeling fab!! have one shake left trying to decide if ill try a hot choc or if ill have the carmel!! not pushed on the carmel but gonna keep drinking them and decide at the end of the week!! drank loadsa water today and cant wait till tomorro xxx

hope everyone who started is doing ok xx

I went to see LLC tonight and have returned home armed with a variety of sweet and savoury foodpacks in a lovely bag! So I start tomorrow morning with a strawberry pack on the train into London.

It was just me and another lady that started tonight and others will start next week. Drop in is on Saturday morning so I'm hoping I'll have lost something by then.

Bring on ketosis...!

Back