Serious Help needed and more....

Carrie-Jayne

Hi Everyone,

So, Ive been looking at this site on my iphone and have finally signed up so I can chat, share and ask for the help and support that I need.

My story: A couple of years back I had a lot of deaths in my family and food was my answer to everything. Tucking into cake or something naughty made me feel happy and forget my worries for that moment in time! After finishing I would feel so bad and depressed leading me to eat more! I soon realised that I was a comfort eater!!

Ive always tried dieting - whether they were my own 'eat healthy' or professional ones like Weight Watchers or Slimming World. The first week Im great, I stick to it religiously and loose, then come the next week I think, 'oh I'll just have one slice of cake', or 'I'll go out for dinner, it cant be too bad for me'. Before I new it I was putting on more weight and getting even more depressed! Its always been a vicious circle for me. Always wanting to do it but never quiet getting there! Then one day enough was enough!

Then I found Cambridge Diets! I loved the fact that it was so strict - this is what you have and this only! No decisions on what to make for dinner, how many points things were etc etc. I new it would be hard but this time I was/am determined to do this! So week one - OMG - it was hard but I also enjoyed it! I was getting the shakes, freezing cold, and really wanted to be sick after my first shake! I soldiered on and got through it! Even though I didnt feel anything happen I was starting to feel less full, this is perhaps because my body has always been use to being stuffed to the max! Anyway, so I had my first weight in....lost 8.5 pounds!! I was so chuffed and it kept me motivated to carry on!

I always said to myself - I have to stick to it 100% as if I come off just one tiny little bit then it was over and I wouldnt be able to get back on the wagon! To this day I have been 100% all the time! I am so focused and determined to do this!

So week 2 came along - I couldnt feel any changes whatsoever and if anything felt more bloated! Not very happy! So I went to weight in and lost 3 pounds! I had mixed emotions about this. On one hand 3 pounds loss is really good, on the other I was pratically starving myself and felt 3 pounds wasnt a lot!! So, week 3 - again, stuck to it 100%, adament that this week was going to be a good one! WI came - again 3 pound loss!! Again, mixed emotions!

So Im on week 4 and Im really not happy! My fat burner belly just doesnt seem to be working!! I am drinking so much water I have to pee constantly, I weight out my chicken and brocoli every time (on SS+) and dont go a gram over! I have stuck to the rules religiously, I have declined dinner invitations, declined all the yummy food at work, declined food full stop! And Im not feeling the benefits now and really wondering about giving up! Im getting depressed by not eating, depressed that I have no energy, depressed about not doing things as I am so tired! All these things I could cope with if it was worth it but now it seems like it isnt!! I had a really bad night tonight and ended up crying and turning back into the girl I once was who needed food for comfort - I never want to be that girl! I dont want to be that girl anymore but this is so hard now! I dont know what else I can do! Any ideas? I cant stick with it and only loose a pound here and there Im turning into a depressing woman and I do not want to go back there. Im really considering quiting this diet and starting something different - I just dont know what!! I miss food so much, just chewing it. Its not even cake and chocolate that I miss - I miss food in general even including vegetables!!

What can I do guys to get me out of this rut!? I dont think I can ride out the storm! I dont want to wait what could be a couple of weeks and then for it all to kick start again! Im doing this kind of diet as I want results now!

OK, so Ive rambled on long enough! I am just reaching out for some help! Help me guys!!

Thanks xx

Hey u have bin doing brilliantly look how far u have come
On this diet u r supposed to lose 3-4 lb a week
So u r bang on what u should b losing
I know it's hard but so worth it I'm just started week 9 - 2 stone 9 lbs down
I have good and bad days as well we all do what u r feeling is normal
Please stick at it as I have tried all the diets under the sun and this is the only 1 that works
It would take me months and months to lose the weight I have which I've done in just over 2 months

I really hope u don't quit and wake up Tomoz in a good mood as u have completed another day, another day closer to goal!!!!!

Sophie x

Welcome to the forum.
The 1st week weight loss is alot of water weight i was told, the average is 3-4lb so you are doing very well as swhite says.
The diet is difficult but its definitely worth it

I think you need to remember that evryone is different as i assume u are comparing ur weight loss to others who have lost more after 1st wk? You had a fantastic start and have carried on so well too. People are right in that the first wk is water too hence it is more. Look at it this way, if u lost 3lbs a wk thats basically a stone in a month!! And that ladies and gentlemen can mean you also lost 1-2 dress sizes! But u did more than 3lb the first wk so u have had a head start! Have a little patience (believe me i know its hard!) and give ur mind and body a chance to adjust to this new lifestyle as its a v hard change u r going through. When u feel low come on here and do something nice for urself that isnt food based like having a bubble bath, watching a chick flick or whatever. You should be rewarding urself instead of berating :)

Thanks ladies. Have woken up this morning with a better attitude (the sun is shinning afteral). I guess Ive always been searching for the quick fix of loose all the fat I want in like a day!! Im going to stick with it. I have WI tonight so we'll see how that goes and I'll speak to my leader about it! If I wasnt bad in the first place I wouldnt have to be on this diet so its my punishment for eating too many pies...Ive only got myself to blame!

We can do this. Im so glad Ive joined this forum, sounds silly but just having others say 'you can do it' makes me believe I can!!

Good morning chick,

You can SO do it, hang on in there and keep popping in! Day 3 restart for me and I need to get posting, really keeps you focused through the hard times.

Good luck for weigh in and lets hope the sun keeps shining x

OMG you have done so well you cant give up now!!! U have lost really well seriously and you havent loads to go. If you start another diet you will be doing it forever and it will be soooo slow. Doing this you will be rocking a bikini by summer and loving it.

Just think if you stop you will be wasting another summer instead of suffering for a couple of months and then feeling amazing.

xxxxxxx

Your story sounds very similar to mine.
I have now come to the conclusion that food is not my friend. It is the thing I always turn to in emotional situations and has always been there for me but ultimately it is the thing that has brought me the most misery! That's not what a friend does.
I have done CD before and come off it, kidding myself that I could do another diet but I never stick to it and always make up some excuse!
I know some people won't agree but for me nothing is every going to taste as nice as being will hopefully feel :)

Hi

Congratulations on how far you have come!! As the others say you are right on track and have done amaxing!! I look forwrad to seeing you around here, its an amazing site for support.

I didnt feel or see a difference at the beginning even though scales going down and then all of a sudden it was like Boom!! lol!!

Hope you have a good day xx

That should have said:
I know some people won't agree but for me nothing is every going to taste as nice as being thin will hopefully feel :) oops lol

Good luck with the weigh in tonight. Its normal to have weak days we all have them. My consultant has some models of fat. I took a picture of them on my phone and look at them when i have a weak moment and think do i really want more of that in my body. It works

Good luck for later... you are doing soooo well, so keep up the good work. We ALL know how hard CD is - and we are here for each other when we have little wobbles!!

Let us know how you get on.
Lx

Do the bags of sugar thing - so you have lost 8.5+3+3 = 14.5lbs (over a stone in 3 weeks?!! That's amazing by any standards!) Find something that weighs a stone - 6 1/2 bags of sugar do for example??

It's more than you think, and you don't want to carry that around with you - it's heavy!!

Good luck & keep going!

Lindsay x

Thanks so much for your support guys. :eek:)

I turned down a free breakfast at work today so Im still on track and 100% - I wont let Fat win!! haha!!

Will let you know how WI goes...fingers crossed!! xx

Hi Carrie-Jayne
Your story sounds so similar to mine, this does feel like a bit of a roller coaster we're on and it's good you're feeling more positive today.
You are doing really really well, and while 3 lbs a week might not seem much given the sacrifices we're making actually as others have said it works out at a stone a month and I've never done any other diet that gives that sort of consistent weight loss.
Keep at it - you've already won amazing victories by starting CD in the first place, and then being able to keep going and resist temptation, and I'm sure winning those victories makes you feel better than giving in would.
Keep posting, I love this forum!
Potter x

You need to get out of the mind set that 3lbs isn't alot because it is! Don't base everything on this diet on the first weigh in because its mostly water/glycogen stores and they will get replaced when you start eating properly. You don't have much to lose and at a stone a month you won't be on this diet for long. But I think you need to tackle your issues with food if you are going to be able to maintain.

Good luck with the weigh in tonight. Its normal to have weak days we all have them. My consultant has some models of fat. I took a picture of them on my phone and look at them when i have a weak moment and think do i really want more of that in my body. It works

Those fat models are GROSS! my cdc showed me one tonight too, i know its plastic but when she asked me to hold it i was like 'nooo,eeeuw!' Good idea re the pic though, should have done the same. Mind you i bet if i googled 'fat' i would find some fairly horrific things to put me of eating !

The fat models and the bags of sugar is a great way to physically feel the weight that you have lost. You've done so well! But I feel like when we think of stones and lbs we don't always really think of how heavy they actually are, it's just numbers going down on the scales. But if you try lift a stone it's bloody heavy!! and you were just carrying that around on your body only the other week!

Back