Seriously struggling.......

donnac76

I'm now on day 7 and when I say I'm struggling it's not that I'm hungry because I'm not at all.Fed up of feeling so awful :(
I was on LT for around 9 weeks early last year and found it great,apart from the odd days of feeling rough I felt amazing but this time around? It really couldn't be more different :(
Started last Friday and apart from feeling great on Tuesday I'm feeling absolutely dreadful sadly.never felt like that last time and it's beginning to worry me tbh,the only thing that's stopping me caving is weigh in tomorrow morning.I've been that unsteady my hubby has had to do school run twice this week as I've really not been capable of driving.He's now concerned too and telling me enough is enough and as much as I'm seriously contemplating listening and having a high protein meal this evening the weigh in tomorrow morning and stubbornness in me is telling me to hang in there and see how I feel tomorrow.
Came back on LT as I've gained almost 2st over last few months after maintaining so well and we go on holiday to NZ end of January so of course I wanted to get back on track and feel better.Got to say I'm beginning to wonder if feeling so dreadful is worth the few extra lbs I would lose on this compared to doing it by reverting to my low cal diet.
Sorry for the whinge but any advice as to what I should do? x

Oh Donna! So sorry you're having a rough time of it hun. Have you had a chat with your pharmacist about it? Have you been drinking the required amount of water?
This plan certainly is difficult and not for everyone so if I were in your shoes I'd probably stick it out for a couple more days and then if you still feel weak you could look into trying it another way.
Have you had your first weigh-in yet, seeing as it's day 7? If you gained 2 stone since last time around then it's likely that you'll have lost a good lot of it in your first week back on TFR. So you really won't have much left to lose and the end of January is a good way off yet! Best of luck with whatever you decide hun, let us know how you get on.

x S

I'm now on day 7 and when I say I'm struggling it's not that I'm hungry because I'm not at all.Fed up of feeling so awful :(
I was on LT for around 9 weeks early last year and found it great,apart from the odd days of feeling rough I felt amazing but this time around? It really couldn't be more different :(
Started last Friday and apart from feeling great on Tuesday I'm feeling absolutely dreadful sadly.never felt like that last time and it's beginning to worry me tbh,the only thing that's stopping me caving is weigh in tomorrow morning.I've been that unsteady my hubby has had to do school run twice this week as I've really not been capable of driving.He's now concerned too and telling me enough is enough and as much as I'm seriously contemplating listening and having a high protein meal this evening the weigh in tomorrow morning and stubbornness in me is telling me to hang in there and see how I feel tomorrow.
Came back on LT as I've gained almost 2st over last few months after maintaining so well and we go on holiday to NZ end of January so of course I wanted to get back on track and feel better.Got to say I'm beginning to wonder if feeling so dreadful is worth the few extra lbs I would lose on this compared to doing it by reverting to my low cal diet.
Sorry for the whinge but any advice as to what I should do? x

Hi I'm on day 10 and to be honest I was the same up and down for the last few days but yesterday and today I am feeling so much better!! I'm not sleeping at night and I think it's just because i've loads of energy or something! I think you should get weighed in tomorrow and tell the chemist how you are feeling, they will be able to give you the best advice. I've been on LT before and I too found this time around harder as I got more headaches etc our body reacts differently, I'd say we dont experience the same as last time if that makes sense !!

Good luck with what ever you decide hun x

Shivie said:
Oh Donna! So sorry you're having a rough time of it hun. Have you had a chat with your pharmacist about it? Have you been drinking the required amount of water?
This plan certainly is difficult and not for everyone so if I were in your shoes I'd probably stick it out for a couple more days and then if you still feel weak you could look into trying it another way.
Have you had your first weigh-in yet, seeing as it's day 7? If you gained 2 stone since last time around then it's likely that you'll have lost a good lot of it in your first week back on TFR. So you really won't have much left to lose and the end of January is a good way off yet! Best of luck with whatever you decide hun, let us know how you get on.

x S

Thank you,actually went to bed as I felt so under the weather.
1st weigh in is with the nurse tomorrow morning so really hoping I see a decent loss to at least make this more worthwhile.Going to have a chat with her and see what she suggests,just can't believe how it's affecting me this time :(
Wondering if it's a combination of being back on TFR,particularly nasty TOTM and also my thyroid.Have taken medication for years as have an underactive thyroid and they've adjusted my tablets this week as my levels were way too low.Just debating whether all those 3 were just too much for my body to handle in one week.
Yes I've drunk so much water I'm swimming,have drunk 3L so far today so don't think it's that.
It's a real shock to feel so horrendous after feeling so well last time.x

Yes we can said:
Hi I'm on day 10 and to be honest I was the same up and down for the last few days but yesterday and today I am feeling so much better!! I'm not sleeping at night and I think it's just because i've loads of energy or something! I think you should get weighed in tomorrow and tell the chemist how you are feeling, they will be able to give you the best advice. I've been on LT before and I too found this time around harder as I got more headaches etc our body reacts differently, I'd say we dont experience the same as last time if that makes sense !!

Good luck with what ever you decide hun x

Thank you yes we can.x
I am going to be weighed tomorrow morning and at the moment that's the only thing keeping me 100% as don't think I've ever felt so weak as I do now.I was prepared for feeling rough on day 4 which happened as expected,it's just been a terrible week apart from the 1 day where I was full of beans.
Good to know another previous LT user has found a difference from 1st time around,really wasn't prepared for this that's for sure.x

Back