Setting a target

ksty

Hi,

I'm new..tried posting earlier but cant seem to find it now (complete techno idiot!!).

I joined sw online back in Aug and stuck to it for a bit but then after my initial 3 month subscription I decided not to carry on subscribing as I felt I'd pretty much got everything out of the online subscription as there wasn't really much support and I wasn't really sticking to it. Anyway started sticking to sw since 3rd and want to do it properly this time, I don't have time to get to a group and felt that I wasn't getting much out of the online pack so decided to do it alone. Anyway I want to set a target...how do I do it? Do I randomly pick a figure out of the air that I want to be? I think thats what I did back in August but I'm don't know if that the correct way of doing it.

Thanks

Theres no right or wrong answer with this. You need to set your target to a weight that you will be happy with and that you can maintain. You dont need to set a goal straight away, i waited until i was 2stone away before i set mine as i didnt even know what would be possible for me to achieve with having so much weight to lose.

Some people use BMI to get a ballpark figure but i am outside my BMI for my height and feel like if i go any lower i will look skinny and boney and thats not happening. Others will probably give you good advice on this as everyone is different.

Good luck in reaching your target.

Back