shakes make me feel sick

beanflower

Been doing ss for 3 days now and I can't stomach any of the shakes I've had so far. They make me few so sick! I get along fine with tetras and the soup (well, most of it). Does anyone else have this problem? And Are any of the shakes bearable?

I like all the shakes! I hate most of the soups though. I find the shakes taste better either really cold with crushed ice or hot.....can't stand them just 'cool' or room temp x

I wonder if it's a sweet/savoury thing. I'll Try adding ice and see if that helps. Thanks

I'm on day 3 and am trying as many of products as possible. By a long way the mint choc shakes (hot) and choc tetras as the best. Cappuccino shake (hot) and chicken and mushroom soup not too bad either.

Try to think of it as medicine rather than a replacement for all the yummy food you are missing and stick at it. It gets better

Xxx

Glad I'm not alone! I'm only on day 1 and am having 4 products a day. So far today I have had 3 and they have all been fowl and make me feel sick! I had maple an pecan porridge, butterscotch and hot cappuccino.

Would anyone be able to advise if the pre made ones taste any better?

Hopefully we will find a solution!

Either way I will continue...

All the Tetras are lovely blended with ice but the chocolate by far the best straight from the carton. Mint choc, orange choc and vanilla are my favorite powdered shakes when blended with ice and mint choc is a winner hot =) I don't like the porridges, i did before but have gone off them now. I like oriental soup and the pot and leek soup but the rest to me are rank!

Yeah mint choc, orange choc and vanilla are about palatable, and the tetras are much nicer. Just think, after 2 weeks you can swap one of them for a bar. I find that having some black tea/coffee helps get things down. Does anyone know if we can use pepper to season the soups?

Shakes (ready made ones) tasted rank for me the first day and each day after they tasted that bit better now on day 12 i find them so yummy!!

Apparently we can add pepper/chilli powder/herbs (basil and such) and I think dried garlic to soup to make it taste better. Just in case anyone else is like me and has more of a taste for savoury things

Have you tried making the shakes into a mousse? They are far nicer like that, and take longer to eat so make it feel more like a meal!! Icouldnt survive this diet without mix-a-mousse!!! But have found the best way to make it is with very cold water and use only 150ml!

Sorry if this an obvious question but is it OK to just have 3 tetras a day (instead of any packets at all?) Not that I don't trust my counsellor but she didn't say anything when I asked her for all tetras this week (week 3) but maybe that's because they cost more?? i know, i'm so cynical! in fairness to her, i didn't think to ask her if that was ok, but surely she would have said if it wasn't? sorry, i know i'm rambling, i was having such a good day but am crashing now :( was about 2am before i got to sleep last night so imagine my joy when hubby's alarm went off at quarter to 5 :( he flew down to London this morning - something he does every fortnight for 3 days/2 nights for work, so will be back Friday night. i'm so tired and craving bread - i really want a chicken salad sandwich instead of just chicken and salad! - and i'm worried that once the kids are in bed, i'll hit the fridge! can't do it before then as my 13 year old got upset when i ate something i shouldn't at the weekend :( she has never said anything to me about my weight but i think she wants me to stick at it so i'm healthy. we're very close and she says all her friends think i'm a cool mum (at 37 i'm younger than all her pals' mums! - i didn't think 24 was THAT young to be a mummy!) so i don't think she's embarrassed by my size. oh God i'm so tired and rambling! think i'll just go to bed when the kids do as i don't trust myself not to eat! and no hubby here to keep me on straight on narrow! he asked me for a cuddle the other night and i said only if you give me a packet of crisps! i was joking (i think!) :)

It is really hard and you can have all tetra if you like. A friend of mine on cd only has 3 shakes a day of the same flavour.
I found after 4 days or so (only on 3 rd week) that i actually really enjoyed the shakes and not saying i wouldn't have turned down a nice curry! Lol.
I found the chocolate one yummy esp hot. Im not trying bars as don't think they will fill me enough.
I also go to bed early in fear of eating! ;-)
My children keep me nagging me that i have to stick to it as Im getting married in July.
Set yourself small goals and take each day at a time.
Good luck! You can do it and will do it! X

I don't think there's any problem having all tetras, but you are supposed to drink an extra 250ml for each one you have. I've found that the fruit flavour shakes and chocolate mint are the easiest to get down, and now I know we can add pepper to soup they're much easier too. At the end of the day you've just got to find what you're most comfortable with x

Back