shakes.

Smurfette

Silver Member
Does anyone know how to get these shakes to dissolve fully? No matter what i whizz them with there's still lots of yucky bits in them. Do you HAVE to drink all of them? I would much rather have just plain water.... :sigh:

Hey,

The shakes are delish when they are made right....

Here is how I make mine...

1. Get a jug
2. Fill with cold water to approx 0.5 pint
3. Add the shake powder
4. Use an electric blender or electric hand whisk for a couple of minutes
5. Pour
6. Yummy

Not sure what bit your missing out but follow these steps in this order and you will have a lump free yummy shake!

xox

I use a Braun hand blender to whizz mine up and never get bits, hun. I add loads of ice to the water, pour on the powder and whizz for about a minute. Yes I think you do have to drink all of them - they contain all the vitamins and nutrients that your body needs each day. x

i have been doing same thing maybe i need to whizz them for longer tho. thanx

I only put in about one third of the water first and then had the pack and whizz with by Braun hand blender that seems to do a good job, then I had the rest of my water.

If you don't take the full three packs you will not stay healthy and it will slow down your weight loss as your body will go into famine mode and hold onto your fat longer.

Love Mini xxx

I have tried all the above and the easiest way I have found is this.

I bought one of those big mixing cups that bodybuilders use for there protein shakes. Fill it bout half full with water stick powder in and shake. There is a small plate inside with little holes in that break powder down into a small shake. The cup mixes the shake very nicely, no icky little bit's and it froths it up as well.

The best bit is these cups are cheap (bout a fiver), easier when ur out or at work than a blender, and if people get nosey you just tell them your going the gym and need the extra protein :p.

Very male friendly as this sort of thing can be perceived as a male diet.

i put 8fl oz of water and a handful of ice in a blender pour the powder in then mix on high for a couple of minutes x

I use a blender and put in a few cubes of ice with the water and the powder, it comes out just like a milkshake, really smooth, if you leave it in long enough.

bluedaisy, how long would you recommend leaving the blender on for?

Hi - I use a smoothie maker to do mine at home.

I fill my standard issue LT bottle with ice to 450ml and then add water to fill the gaps - throw that in the blender with the powder on top and then whizz for about 2-3 mins - comes out very cold and very frothy and just like a really good Milkshake!!!

Teskies. Value handblender. 5 quid. Ice cold water. 30 seconds zap. Job done :D

water or shake/soup first, it works either way. Sometimes I leave some powdery lumps in for a different texture. ;-p

Does anyone know how to get these shakes to dissolve fully? No matter what i whizz them with there's still lots of yucky bits in them. Do you HAVE to drink all of them? I would much rather have just plain water.... :sigh:
I put mine in a smoothie maker they are fabn frothy!!1 lovely
And YES, you must drink all of them as otherwise your body will go into starvation mode and cling to fat ...and this will actually start to slow your weight loss!!!

I brought a LT shaker too - really quick and easy to make my shakes, and I can take it anywhere with me - I'd look a bit silly taking my blender outta my handbag when I'm at work!

Back