Sharon's Before 50 Plan

Hi Sharon! Hope you're ok. Cars are a pain the neck, aren't they? Mine's off the road now, probably permanently, so Paul and I are trying to car share at the moment. I only drive 10 miles or less a week, so it hardly seems worth having one! :) xx
Expensive aren't they. Does make sense to only run one if you can as all the running costs are so high but I can imagine you must miss the convenience of it too. Was a bit of a gulp, how much, moment when we were told how much it would be. Hoping for a STS now this week with having gone off track at the weekend but can live with that, just don't want another gain :) How are you doing?

Last edited:
Aquasharine said:
Expensive aren't they. Does make sense to only run one if you can as all the running costs are so high but I can imagine you must miss the convenience of it too. Was a bit of a gulp, how much, moment when we were told how much it would be. Hoping for a STS now this week with having gone off track at the weekend but can live with that, just don't want another gain :) How are you doing?

I'm doing ok thanks! Been good food wise, and will be until Saturday when it's my bother-in-law's 60th birthday party - naughty things will be consumed that night, lol.

Cars are definitely a huge pain in the posterior! It is very convenient to have one, but it's also a luxury in my circumstances, where I only live a mile from work and Paul drives us at the weekend. We'll have to see how it goes. :) xx

Hello, how's your day been? Are you feeing better? I hope so xx

Hi Cookie. Better today thank you xx Been back on plan yesterday and today and do feel better for it. Decided against chilli, had new potatoes peas/sweetcorn, broccoli and salmon for tea, yum yum Not sure how WI will go tomorrow but would be happy with a STS given my naughty weekend! Need to polish up my halo the next few weeks to see what I can lose before my birthday in March, slap my wrist lol

Hi Sharon. Glad to hear you are feeling better! I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't experienced it but I am sure now that our bodies rebel when we go off track a bit! Good luck for tomorrow! x

Hi Sharon. Glad to hear you are feeling better! I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't experienced it but I am sure now that our bodies rebel when we go off track a bit! Good luck for tomorrow! x

Yup I think they do Chrissie. Definitely feel better for eating SW again :). That'll teach me though huh - I normally behave better when away than that. Polishing up my halo now for the next few weeks before my 50th and family wedding in March and fingers crossed for a STS tomorrow (I think a weight loss would be asking a bit much!)

Hi All. Weighed but didn't stay to class as Becky is only here for another week. Leaves on 17th, so will prob weigh and go for next week too. Actually lost 1.5lbs which given my weekend blip I am v pleased with! ;). That's a good loss for me without the weekend, 2.5lbs to go to see off the Xmas gain. Need to plan meals/shop for today and the week ahead, not organised this week.

Hello how are you doing?

I am back from my 3 weeks holiday with a truly massive gain so now 50, fat and frumpy but determined to turn that into 50 fit and fab as quickly as possible.

I am on day 4 back on plan and hope by the time i go to group on tuesday my post holiday weigh in will be in single digits LOL

Hello how are you doing? I am back from my 3 weeks holiday with a truly massive gain so now 50, fat and frumpy but determined to turn that into 50 fit and fab as quickly as possible. I am on day 4 back on plan and hope by the time i go to group on tuesday my post holiday weigh in will be in single digits LOL

Hi Teresa. Hope you had a great holiday and 50th. I'm sure you'll soon get it shifted. At least it's an eating plan we can eat loads on :). I'm making red Thai curry tonight, really looking forward to it. Thai red sauce from little book of sauces with chicken breast, baby sweetcorn chopped and sugar snap peas chopped. Yum yum

Found the attached sweet recipe earlier using sugar free jelly, not made them as yet but thought I'd share in case anyone else fancies some low syn sweeties.

Quiet day for me and Becky, we tidied the house and I went and had my nails done - shellac rock star glittery rose pink, now chilling with a film on before I cook tea for when hubby gets in just after seven. Been good on plan with fruit and v low fat yoghurt for breakfast, bacon and egg sarnie for lunch and some fruit. Need to try and shift the rest of my Xmas gain, 2.5 lb left of that.

Attachments

• image-3206550637.jpg
    image-3206550637.jpg
    407.6 KB · Views: 38
  • image-3534607166.jpg
    image-3534607166.jpg
    457.2 KB · Views: 55
That thai curry looks lovely! I have that little book of sauces need to hunt it out I think. Hope you having a great weekend x :)
Hi Geordie and Tasha. That curry is lush :) Recommend it. Usual stuff - food shop, tidied, spent time with Becky. Did cull a mountain of house paperwork with Dave, how do we end up with so much. Had lovely SW friendly cooked breakfast yesterday, mugshot and fruit later and late tea of roast pork. Had some Iceland Belgium ice cream chocs too at 2 syns each. We're having seafood paella tonight and side salad. So on track :)

I love Thai red curry how did you make it ?
Hi Teresa. It's the red thai sauce recipe from the SW little book of sauces with chicken breast chopped cooked and added and sugar snap peas and baby corn chopped and added. I'll find the sauce recipe for you later but the book is well worth buying - now attached - SW sales promotion, buy the book! Xx Highly recommend it. I've made bbq and the Bechimal sauce from it too, really good little book :). I just chopped and blitzed the red pepper, didn't grill it, used 2 tsp dried coriander when making the sauce rather than fresh and used 2 tsp dried ginger rather than fresh, also lazy garlic :) yum yum

Attachments

• image-3618409398.jpg
    image-3618409398.jpg
    466.6 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Back