Sharon's Before 50 Plan

Hi Everyone. Yes was chuffed with the results at the scales :D. See on your thread that you enjoyed the Manchester meet Cookie - look forward to seeing some pics. Welcome back Moira. Lovely to hear from you. Gradually getting there with the house but think we will have boxes for a while yet. Will be a few projects on the go to make it how we want it.

Week isn't going too bad SW wise though did crack and have extra wise syns at the weekend but still better than I had been of late. Did Malaysian chicken and red pepper curry on Saturday, roast on Sunday, homemade burgers and SWWedges last night, chicken tonight. TOTM due the weekend too so we will just have to see what Thurs WI brings.

Hello :)

Boo to the TOTM fairy, she brought me a smaller gain this month though! I didn't take any pictures in the end, but there is a friend in SW off topic called Sheffield meet and there's a few photos on there if you want to take a look. I can't figure out how to attach the link sorry!

Have a good weekend, I'm working early shifts this weekend in at 7am! Xx

Hi Cookie TOTMs are a right pain huh. Mine started on WI day and I had a STS which I'm fine with, had a hungry day with it yesterday and syns were a bit over cos if it but one day at a time. I got roped into helping on Thurs and did the weighing at class :). Planning meals again this week and trying to watch those syns I think.

Well I seemed to press a self-destruct button yesterday. Shopped, tidied, home alone had a treat snack then the flood gates opened and I was naughty. Just going to have to carry on today - like my consultant says if you have one dead flower in a vase you don't throw the whole vase away, you just deal with the one dead one and enjoy the rest - just felt rubbish with monthly and low with it. Hey ho today is a brand new day - think we're making a start on decorating my daughter's room today - she's home from uni end of June for the summer so we have plenty of time. My son has just got a job in Bristol so will be moving out in a couple of weeks, really pleased for him as great opportunity after his first class honours degree, though he was lucky to get local IT job under securing his graduate scheme job :)

Last edited:
Hi All sorry been quite busy at the mo and not had time to update my minis. Lost 0.5 lb last week which is fine given I'd gone off the rails the Saturday before oopsies. Yesterday was also naughty as we went down to St Ives ( one of my favourite places down here). Lovely stroll around the harbour and then had dinner there which involved red wine, mussels with the standard bread and fries and cheese board! V naughty but has to be done at least once a year - so reigning myself in again now! Lovely restaurant that overlooks the breath taking harbour view. I need to polish up my act this year though and get some more of this weight off but so glad I've lost and kept off what I have :).

My daughter just found out she passed all 30 of her credits in France for uni - so pleased for her as it's incredibly hard, she's currently doing her Spanish term. My son leaves Sun next week to start his new graduate IT job but amazing opportunity (Bristol) but has already told me he's back the following weekend to pick up more stuff and for the May bank holiday weekend :). Decorating is coming along, we spent last Sunday stripping....,...wallpaper lol. Been a hectic time with new job, house move and sorting everything.

Attachments

• image-1310210377.jpg
    image-1310210377.jpg
    393 KB · Views: 14
Hello :)

Lovely to hear that you got a nice loss this week well done. We all go off plan a little when we have days out and stuff so that normal, we've got to live a little haven't we?
Besides you've done super keeping the weight off with all the distractions you've had.

Congrats to daughter achieving her credits and son's new job, lots more to celebrate I expect. Looking forward to eating some Easter egg tomorrow. I won't eat the whole thing but I'll still enjoy it. I'm not bothered about the choccies that come with it, just the shell. My friend suggested I divide into portions and eat a bit each day but I see how I go tomorrow. Xx

Aquasharine said:
Thanks Cookie. Must admit I'm off plan this weekend but hey ho... Think I'm still adjusting to all the recent life changes and just can't get fully into the swing of things yet. Will get there :)

Hi Sharon, hope you're having a good Easter. I've just had three days off plan, lol. I've eaten so much chocolate I currently feel like I never want to see it again, though I daresay that won't last! I did reach a 10.5 stone loss on Friday, taking me just under 11 stone, but that's gone by the board now!! :D xx

Hi Sharon, hope you're having a good Easter. I've just had three days off plan, lol. I've eaten so much chocolate I currently feel like I never want to see it again, though I daresay that won't last! I did reach a 10.5 stone loss on Friday, taking me just under 11 stone, but that's gone by the board now!! :D xx

Wow Tracy that's fantastic, mega total weight loss. I'm sure you'll pull it back again. I think a few of us will have gone off the rails with Easter. Was three years to the day yesterday that Mum passed away too and felt it quite badly this year, funny how things catch you unawares sometimes huh, bit of comfort eating gone on which actually serves no real purpose and not even stuff I enjoyed. Hey ho. Family meal here today so plan is to start properly again tomorrow when I'm back at work :).

Aquasharine said:
Wow Tracy that's fantastic, mega total weight loss. I'm sure you'll pull it back again. I think a few of us will have gone off the rails with Easter. Was three years to the day yesterday that Mum passed away too and felt it quite badly this year, funny how things catch you unawares sometimes huh, bit of comfort eating gone on which actually serves no real purpose and not even stuff I enjoyed. Hey ho. Family meal here today so plan is to start properly again tomorrow when I'm back at work :).

Thanks Sharon! Sorry to hear you've been a bit down, I know how difficult these anniversaries can be. Hope you'll feel better very soon. :)

I did enjoy my planned break from calorie counting over Easter, but didn't half feel sick, lol. It's been quite a relief to get back to it today! Unfortunately we ended up at A&E with my Dad, as he's not well. They've admitted him for observation, so more hospital visiting on the cards this week! Starting to think that place is my second home - I've got a pre-op assessment there on Thursday, as I'm down for more knee surgery on 8th May. All good fun, isn't it?! :) xx

Hello :) I'm sending you a big belated Easter hug, grief hits us all at times and its understandable when its someone very close that has passed.

Like you said, comfort eating done, back on It tomorrow and you'll begin to feel loads better I'm sure xx

Thanks Sharon! Sorry to hear you've been a bit down, I know how difficult these anniversaries can be. Hope you'll feel better very soon. :) I did enjoy my planned break from calorie counting over Easter, but didn't half feel sick, lol. It's been quite a relief to get back to it today! Unfortunately we ended up at A&E with my Dad, as he's not well. They've admitted him for observation, so more hospital visiting on the cards this week! Starting to think that place is my second home - I've got a pre-op assessment there on Thursday, as I'm down for more knee surgery on 8th May. All good fun, isn't it?! :) xx

Hi Tracy. Hugs xx How's your dad doing and how did the pre op assessment go. I think quite a few people fell off the rails over Easter. Anniversaries can be hard - think ft's being back at this house with all the old family memories, nice but stirs up emotions. Weighed in tonight and plus one - could have been worse lol

Hello :) I'm sending you a big belated Easter hug, grief hits us all at times and its understandable when its someone very close that has passed. Like you said, comfort eating done, back on It tomorrow and you'll begin to feel loads better I'm sure xx

Hi Cookie. Thanks xx I'm ok but just didn't manage to be 100% - luckily only plus one at the scales, phew :D Been a v busy working week. I'll sort myself at some point - still adjusting to new work dept and life changes :).

Aquasharine said:
Hi Tracy. Hugs xx How's your dad doing and how did the pre op assessment go. I think quite a few people fell off the rails over Easter. Anniversaries can be hard - think ft's being back at this house with all the old family memories, nice but stirs up emotions. Weighed in tonight and plus one - could have been worse lol

Hi Sharon! My Dad's still in hospital - looks like he's got some sort of infection, so they're blitzing it with intravenous antibiotics. We went straight to see him from my pre-op assessment, which was in the same building! My appointment went fine - I was delighted to be told my BMI was in the green zone, which was a personal goal if mine, lol. So I've been poked, prodded and swabbed, and hopefully will get the green light for an anaesthetic in a fortnight.

I hope you're feeling a bit better now? :) xx

Hi Sharon! My Dad's still in hospital - looks like he's got some sort of infection, so they're blitzing it with intravenous antibiotics. We went straight to see him from my pre-op assessment, which was in the same building! My appointment went fine - I was delighted to be told my BMI was in the green zone, which was a personal goal if mine, lol. So I've been poked, prodded and swabbed, and hopefully will get the green light for an anaesthetic in a fortnight. I hope you're feeling a bit better now? :) xx
Hi Tracy. Hope your Dad is making good progress xx Glad to hear your pre op assessment well. Can imagine you're in cloud 9 Re the BMI :). Yup feeling bit better, just a lot on. Chris leaves to start his new job in Bristol this weekend but back next weekend for the bank holiday next weekend and to pick up more stuff. Change of an era but v proud of him and pleased for him :). Diet still a tad awry but working in it! :D Dave's currently decorating Becky's room ready for when she gets home for the summer end of June before her final degree year. Need to get myself fully on track with my diet.

Last edited:
You'll do it, you know what you need to do, you just need to be ready in your mind, besides you've had so much going on your doing brill maintaining. Maybe after the bank holiday you'll feel ready to go full on? New adventures for your son but you'll enjoy having Becky back in June. What colour is he decorating her room? :)

You'll do it, you know what you need to do, you just need to be ready in your mind, besides you've had so much going on your doing brill maintaining. Maybe after the bank holiday you'll feel ready to go full on? New adventures for your son but you'll enjoy having Becky back in June. What colour is he decorating her room? :)
Hi Cookie Walls are cream. Lovely neutral beige carpet. She has white black and red bedding and I've ordered red satin look eyelet curtains for her. Least once this is done all three bedrooms will be decorated. New boiler being fitted mid May, few other bits but then will save for projects to do rest as we can afford it. Chris gone off but back next weekend. Will get there with the SW plans, not writing things down at mo. Not too worried as holding my own but do need to get it shifting again :)

Hello :) how's are you? How's your week been. I've been really busy, roll on bank holiday weekend woo hoo! Xxx

Back