Sharon's Before 50 Plan

Oo chunky kit kat sounds nice. Well done on exercising your choice power. Hey she still got her treats lol ........Eurovision tonight - you brave girl!

Aquasharine said:
Oo chunky kit kat sounds nice. Well done on exercising your choice power. Hey she still got her treats lol ........Eurovision tonight - you brave girl!

Lol, I inadvertantly made it a family tradition when she was little, because I'm a big fan of Wogan - now he doesn't do it any more and we still have to watch it! ;) xx

Between pizza kit kats and revels your making me hungry lol One of my best friends is getting married friday Can't wait so I'll have to be really good this week to make sure my dress fits nice I always have to have a treat Keeps me sane :) Had a flake after dinner Tia Maria sounds lovely Sharon Enjoy xx

:) we seem to turn into people with food obsessions lol Crispy I hope you have an amazing day at your friend's wedding, that dress is a good halo incentive for the next few days :). Tracy what can I say kids always remember lol - my son has just finished his final degree exams yesterday and my daughter just completed year 2 uni exams, very proud of them both. They both move back soon so full house for the summer - five of us with my stepdaughter too. Busy house this summer. They're eating SW friendly food though but it's easy to find meals the whole family can have - just heavier shopping bills for a while and I'll be hiding my SW Hi Fi bars lol

Ok just working out 44 more weigh ins before my 50th @ 1lb a week average would be 44lbs/3 st 2 lbs, average 2 lbs a week 88 lbs/6 st 4. Current guesstimate target is 4 st 10 lbs to lose from current weight, maybe a bit more than that as it's been so long since I've been down to that weight I need to see when I'm there but note to self is that this is doable at a sustainable pace even with the odd gliche/holiday :)

Just had nice SW friendly cooked brekkie - more of a lifestyle change than a diet on SW :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 49
Aquasharine said:
Ok just working out 44 more weigh ins before my 50th @ 1lb a week average would be 44lbs/3 st 2 lbs, average 2 lbs a week 88 lbs/6 st 4. Current guesstimate target is 4 st 10 lbs to lose from current weight, maybe a bit more than that as it's been so long since I've been down to that weight I need to see when I'm there but note to self is that this is doable at a sustainable pace even with the odd gliche/holiday :)

Just had nice SW friendly cooked brekkie - more of a lifestyle change than a diet on SW :)

Oh, yes, that's definitely doable. You'll be fab at 50!! I made it to a loss of 8.5 stone yesterday, and have finally achieved my pre-pregnancy weight - it's only taken 14 years, lol. :D xx

crispy said:
Between pizza kit kats and revels your making me hungry lol One of my best friends is getting married friday Can't wait so I'll have to be really good this week to make sure my dress fits nice I always have to have a treat Keeps me sane :) Had a flake after dinner Tia Maria sounds lovely Sharon Enjoy xx

Oops, sorry, lol. I always seem to get into conversations at work about food that leave me starving! Hope you enjoy the wedding. :) xx

Oh, yes, that's definitely doable. You'll be fab at 50!! I made it to a loss of 8.5 stone yesterday, and have finally achieved my pre-pregnancy weight - it's only taken 14 years, lol. :D xx

Fantastic Tracy that is amazing - well done. Incredible choice power on your part and a real inspiration :) life must be so different!

I've not been down to my current guesstimate target for 19 years so am determined it's time. Just got to stay focused - definitely not too much Tia Maria at once then lol

Aquasharine said:
Fantastic Tracy that is amazing - well done. Incredible choice power on your part and a real inspiration :) life must be so different!

I've not been down to my current guesstimate target for 19 years so am determined it's time. Just got to stay focused - definitely not too much Tia Maria at once then lol

Thanks Sharon! It's really changed things for the better. :) My main regret is that I didn't address the issue before my knees went on me, because now I'm so much lighter but still can't walk very far. Take heed any youngsters out there - look after your knees!! :) xx

Beautiful afternoon today indulging in a little body magic meandering around Polperro and a little way along the coastal path :). Have tomorrow off so weather ok hubby and I plan to get ourselves out somewhere else :). Lovely SW friendly roast tonight for dinner.

Tracy I think we all wish sometimes hat we'd tackled it properly before re weigh loss. I know I've lost some weight at various points then life events have tipped me off the wagon and up it's gone again. It was particularly hard in all the years my parents were unwell before thy passed away in 2011 as there would always be a crisis to attend to or then a viral illness would one along, etc. My sister says the same as she was the same as me with lose some gain some during those times and now has major osteoarthritis and crumbling joints though it is a hereditary problem for her, having just had her first knee replacement at 50. In the end you just have to think can't change the past but we can change the future :). But I totally agree, if anyone is reading this and you are able to focus on you now - do your best to make it happen and live your life to the full. As for me watch this space :)

Attachments

• image-3558006737.jpg
    image-3558006737.jpg
    499 KB · Views: 45
  • image-1121235286.jpg
    image-1121235286.jpg
    408.7 KB · Views: 43
Aquasharine said:
Beautiful afternoon today indulging in a little body magic meandering around Polperro and a little way along the coastal path :). Have tomorrow off so weather ok hubby and I plan to get ourselves out somewhere else :). Lovely SW friendly roast tonight for dinner.

Tracy I think we all wish sometimes hat we'd tackled it properly before re weigh loss. I know I've lost some weight at various points then life events have tipped me off the wagon and up it's gone again. It was particularly hard in all the years my parents were unwell before thy passed away in 2011 as there would always be a crisis to attend to or then a viral illness would one along, etc. My sister says the same as she was the same as me with lose some gain some during those times and now has major osteoarthritis and crumbling joints though it is a hereditary problem for her, having just had her first knee replacement at 50. In the end you just have to think can't change the past but we can change the future :). But I totally agree, if anyone is reading this and you are able to focus on you now - do your best to make it happen and live your life to the full. As for me watch this space :)

Oh you're absolutely right, I'm not really focusing on regrets from the past - I too have been a terrible yo-yo dieter for 30 years, and it is what it is. But I do keep telling people to look after their knees, lol, because no matter how much weight I lose the osteoarthritis will still be there. On the other hand, one doctor pointed out that every pound lost is four pounds less strain that goes through the knee joints when standing up or sitting down, so effectively that's 34 stone less pressure for the poor old things to put up with now! :)

Your walk sounds lovely! I've seen people refer to body magic before, is it a SW thing? :) xx

Yes it's just to encourage exercise alongside but it can be anything from gentle walks to aerobics depending on what's right for you - just to encourage more activity for general well being but equally you can lose without exercising too as even a gentle stroll does you good and obviously being more active does have positive effects on weigh loss if you are able. Body magic is quite a nice name for it :)

Aquasharine said:
Yes it's just to encourage exercise alongside but it can be anything from gentle walks to aerobics depending on what's right for you - just to encourage more activity for general well being but equally you can lose without exercising too as even a gentle stroll does you good and obviously being more active does have positive effects on weigh loss if you are able. Body magic is quite a nice name for it :)

Oh right, I'll know now when I read about it! Yes, exercise is a great addition if you can manage it. It never ceases to amaze me, however, how many people seem to think you have to exercise to be able to lose weight, and use an inability to exercise as a reason for not being able to slim. I quite often find myself shouting at the TV (or computer!) screen when that one's trotted out, lol. I wouldn't have lost an ounce if exercise was a necessity. ;) xx

Oops, sorry, lol. I always seem to get into conversations at work about food that leave me starving! Hope you enjoy the wedding. :) xx

Thanks Tracy :) Well done on your weightloss That's fantastic xx

I'm trying to lose weight since the end of January and I'm still not down a stone so I know all about slow losses but like you say if I stick with it I'll eventually get there :)

crispy said:
I'm trying to lose weight since the end of January and I'm still not down a stone so I know all about slow losses but like you say if I stick with it I'll eventually get there :)

But they say slow and steady is the best way, so that's great! A pound or two a week and you're more likely to keep it off and less likely to get loose skin. Yay to the plodders!! :) xx

Haha That makes me feel alot better xx I'm nearly 33 now so maybe by the time I'm 50 I'll get to target lol

crispy said:
Haha That makes me feel alot better xx I'm nearly 33 now so maybe by the time I'm 50 I'll get to target lol

Lol, hopefully not quite that long. ;) I've been on this latest attempt (of many!) for 20 months now, with no backsliding, just planned days "off" for birthdays, Christmas, holidays etc. That's a big difference from any previous attempt, I would always have fallen well and truly off the wagon by this stage, lol. :) xx

Back