Sharon's Before 50 Plan

Been on a bit of a hungry day today but have snacked some extra free food and stayed on plan. Lovely omelette with ham, spring onions, mushrooms and tomatoes for breakfast - grated babybel light in the centre for 2 syns yum yum :). Just cooked Malaysian chicken and red pepper curry from the Asian SW cookbook for dinner - one of my favourites. Have a small portion saved to take to work for lunch on Tues. Will need to go with different lunch ideas when my son moves home from uni on Mon as we won't have a spare portion to split with hubby and me as we will be four again and from end of June when my daughter comes back from uni too for the summer. Pasta salads, ryvitas, omelettes, frittatas, plenty if fruit, yoghurts etc I think. Just easy to use spare free food/low syn spare portions - hate doing packed lunches lol. Had a nice hair cut today and will put my hair colour on this weekend for some feel good factor. Oo and Tia Maria and diet coke tonight yummy .... Pic of the Malaysian curry uploaded.

Attachments

• image-2526646949.jpg
    image-2526646949.jpg
    527.3 KB · Views: 42
  • image-473793733.jpg
    image-473793733.jpg
    562.2 KB · Views: 43
Lovely Sunday drive, walk along the River Fal and then sitting on the jetty in front of the Pandora Inn in the sunshine with a nice large syn counted glass of Rioja :). Came home to cook sticky chicken cooked in honey and mustard served with butternut squash/leek/ onion & pepper risotto - yum yum May have some melon and fresh pineapple in a mo - definitely don't feel hard done by whilst trying to lose weight - such yummy recipes and scope for treats.

I bought some Truvia sugar for hubby to try as he finds it hard to give sugar as it's meant to be a nice granulated type substitute akin to sugar - he doesn't like it and I have to say on trying it too I wasn't impressed with it so taking the box of sachets to my SW class with me next week so anyone tempted can try before they buy. Hubby weighed this weekend and has now lost a stone alongside me :) Looking forward to an extra day off this weekend. Even finished my book by Kate Morton - The Secret Keeper - definitely recommend it :) May have to start another but hey it keeps my mind occupied and helps control the nibbles!

Attachments

• image-2953210114.jpg
    image-2953210114.jpg
    757.7 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Aquasharine said:
Lovely Sunday drive, walk along the River Fal and then sitting on the jetty in front of the Pandora Inn in the sunshine with a nice large syn counted glass of Rioja :). Came home to cook sticky chicken cooked in honey and mustard served with butternut squash/leek/ onion & pepper risotto - yum yum May have some melon and fresh pineapple in a mo - definitely don't feel hard done by whilst trying to lose weight - such yummy recipes and scope for treats.

I bought some Truvia sugar for hubby to try as he finds it hard to give sugar as it's meant to be a nice granulated type substitute akin to sugar - he doesn't like it and I have to say on trying it too I wasn't impressed with it so taking the box of sachets to my SW class with me next week so anyone tempted can try before they buy. Hubby weighed this weekend and has now lost a stone alongside me :) Looking forward to an extra day off this weekend. Even finished my book by Kate Morton - The Secret Keeper - definitely recommend it :) May have to start another but hey it keeps my mind occupied and helps control the nibbles!

That sounds like an idyllic day, Sharon! Me, I had to fast for six hours then go to the hospital for an ultrasound, and had it confirmed that I have gallstones - not QUITE so idyllic, lol. :D

But now I'm looking forward to curry for tea and an extra day off tomorrow, so it's all good. :) xx

Aquasharine said:
Oo Tracy not so good, gall stones are incredibly painful. X hope you have a lovely day tomorrow to make up for today.

Thanks, Sharon! In a way it's good to get a diagnosis, and to know they should be able to do something - got to go and see my GP once they've sent him the results. :) xx

Aquasharine said:
Will they pass naturally or are you going to need keyhole surgery? My stepdaughter had to have some removed via keyhole when she was 18 - young but it happens. Can really affect what you can tolerate food wise and so much pain, feel for you - the sooner they sort it or you the better Tracy.

I've got to go back to my GP so I'll see what he says. I've been getting intermittent pain on the right side, hence the scan. Keyhole removal seems to be the preferred treatment according to the NHS website, but we'll see! Might help keep me on the straight and narrow diet-wise, at least! ;) xx

Hey that's bril Crispy well done :) really starts to notice in how you feel doesn't it.

Thanks Sharon :) Yeah I'm looking forward to getting my first stone off

Ok, an inspirational thought or the day :) ........

Bumble bees have big fat bodies and little tiny wings
Therefore by rights they shouldn't be able to fly
But no one told the bumble bee this so he/she achieved what everyone thought Impossible

Morale if this - believe in yourself and you can achieve :)

Attachments

• image-1557035203.jpg
    image-1557035203.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 32
Last night I made the Indonesian yellow chicken curry from the SW Asian cookbook - really lovely recipe but would probably use chicken thighs rather than legs for this recipe next time as more meat than drumsticks. Did homemade chicken Kiev tonight and Cajun fry light wedges - success with the whole family. Started planning next week's shopping list with a few different recipes - good to have a bit if variety plus I'm enjoying cooking different things. Started a new book now - The Host - same author as the Twilight saga and don't think it will be long before I finish it as hooked.

Well weighed today and maintenance this week, no idea why apart from mid cycle last month I gained 0.5 unexpectedly so it could just be the pattern I'm going to follow. Disappointing but hopefully I'll reap the rewards next week and still 15lbs off. Hubby had day off and has clearned up our walking shoes, sorted cycle carrier, etc so looks like he is planning on us both getting some exercise uh oh lol. The weekend I may have a sore derrière lol

Attachments

• image-2017515000.jpg
    image-2017515000.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 36
Hi Sharon! I wouldn't worry too much about those pesky scales not moving, our bodies are peculiar that way! As long as you know you've been on plan, you know the figures will come right in the end. But I do know how disheartening it can be, my mood is too easily dictated by the scales, so I'm useless at taking my own advice, lol. :) xx

Hi Sharon! I wouldn't worry too much about those pesky scales not moving, our bodies are peculiar that way! As long as you know you've been on plan, you know the figures will come right in the end. But I do know how disheartening it can be, my mood is too easily dictated by the scales, so I'm useless at taking my own advice, lol. :) xx

Thanks Tracy. I'm ok - but it's such a pain when being good doesn't show that week but just got to hang in there, hope you're doing ok too x

I know, it is frustrating! I'm good thanks. I had a few days off plan over the bank holiday weekend, which was nice, but I've been back on track for a few days now, so I'd be happy with a STS this week. Going out for a team lunch at work tomorrow, but thanks to the current trend of restaurant chains putting nutritional info on their websites, I've already decided on which calorie friendly meal to have, lol. :) xx

Sharon try not to stress too much about it It's probably only fluid and I'm sure the scales will be really good to you next week but I know its disappointing when you're trying so hard xx

Sharon try not to stress too much about it It's probably only fluid and I'm sure the scales will be really good to you next week but I know its disappointing when you're trying so hard xx

Thanks Crispy. Planned the week's meals and have shopping lust organised so all will be on plan - determined to do this for my 50th

I know, it is frustrating! I'm good thanks. I had a few days off plan over the bank holiday weekend, which was nice, but I've been back on track for a few days now, so I'd be happy with a STS this week. Going out for a team lunch at work tomorrow, but thanks to the current trend of restaurant chains putting nutritional info on their websites, I've already decided on which calorie friendly meal to have, lol. :) xx

Hey that's well organised re the meal out :). Great fwd planning hey. Glad you're on track now but had a good BH weekend too

Definitely feeling zonked today. Shopping all done, started on the washing and housework next which I am soo not in the mood for lol. Just one more cup of tea ...... Finished reading the Host this week - great book, same author who wrote the Twilight saga. It's my sister's birthday next week (she bought choccies for mine back in March) so I've bought her the SW Asian cookbook lol not as bad as it sounds as she lost lots of weight pre knee replacement with SW and is trying to do it from home at mo....trying to encourage her back to class, but it's also a fab cookbook. Making the beef in blackbean again tonight for dinner from it with noodles. Hubby is wanting to do a cycle ride tomorrow but he's looking at a section if the Camel Trail which us 7.5 miles each way so 15 miles argh lol um er .......not cycled in about three years so it's not like we are fit! Thankfully the Camel trail is flat but all the same HELP lol

Attachments

• image-4073555604.jpg
    image-4073555604.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 33
Good luck with the cycle ride! I never learned to ride a bike, not sure if I didn't want to or whether my parents wouldn't let me, lol. :) xx

Oh I wasn't allowed as I rode my sisters' into a wall and punctured the tyre :). I was in my 20s on the island of Formentera just off Ibiza when I first rode a bike, flat island and remote - no other way other than a moped to get around so I chose the bike. Done a little but here and there but I don't do hills, don't cycle on main roads and am incredibly unfit - as the Camel Trail is flat and peaceful cycle route that's ok, have done 10 a while back but 15! Maybe he'll change his mind lol - it's making me feel tired just thinking about it :)

Back