Sharon's Xenical Diary

Sharon1970

I have had a few years of trying lots of different diets including the extreme VLCDs. I have come to the conclusion the only real way to do this is change my lifestyle instead of looking for quick fix solutions. I am going to be 40 in April and I didn’t want to be fat at 40.

I am only 5ft 1 and currently weigh 15st 11!! This is massively overweight and has been brought about by being lazy and binge eating whilst suffering with depression. I only have myself to blame. I don’t have a very good family history on the medical side of things either with my father having a heart attack at 43, late onset diabetes and being overweight as long as I can remember. I only really became overweight in my mid 20’s when I had my babies. So I have decided its my time to shine. I started university in September full time. I am doing an access course and have just been officially offered a full time degree place next September on the Bsc Computing.

I have heard of xenical many times but been massively put off by the side effects. However, at the weekend I went out for a meal with my partner, it was his works Christmas Do and I met a lovely couple. Vikki has been on Xenical since May and lost 6 stone. She said it was the best thing she has ever done and would highly recommend it. I had a long conversation with her about it and off I went to the doctor yesterday morning. She has prescribed me one months worth of medication for now and I have to go back at the end of the month get weighed and if I have lost weight they will put it on repeat for me.

I am a little terrified of eating the wrong things and having a meltdown about how to work out fat content of recipes. Frantically looking at labels before I eat anything. However I have the support of Vikki who is giving me pointers on cooking etc and I am hoping to make good use of this forum. I have also bought EA fitness for the Wii and will be following the 30 day challenge.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Sharon

Well yesterday was my first full xenical day and it went alright. I did my first day of the 30 day challenge on the wii active, and boy do I know it this morning....I ache!!!

Food
Breakfast - two pieces wholemeal toast with ginger preserve
Lunch - 4 sesame ryvitas with cottage cheese, chicken and veg slim a soup, ww fromage frais, clementine
Dinner - Morrisons Eat Smart macaroni cheese with peas and sweetcorn
Snacks - Alpen Light apple and sultana bar, clementine and a handful of penn state spiced teriyaki baked deli chips

I discovered myfitness pal for iphone app. This is a great little app for anyone with an iphone as you can input your food and it lets you know calories and fat content and stores it in a daily diary.

I have decided to monitor the calories and intake rather than stick with the point system of weight watchers because its making things too complicated for me doing it that way.

Woke up this morning feeling not too good. I think I am getting a cold!! At least I have finished uni for the Christmas holidays now.

Day 2
Breakfast - 2 slices toast with ginger preserve
Lunch - 4 sesame ryvita, 2 laughing cow extra light cheese triangles, raw carrot sticks, 2 clementines
Dinner - 2 Morrisons eat smart pork sausages, 200g McCain rustic skin on oven chips, 210g Branston Baked Beans
Snacks - 2 celementines, Alpen Light Chocolate Orange bar, 20g Penn state baked deli chips with salsa
Total Cals - 1340
Total Fat - 17g

Wii fit active Day 2 - 190 cals burned

All in all a pretty good day. No xenical accidents yet so it looks like I am on the right track. Got the 2010 fat and carb bible from Amazon delivered today so I am armed and ready now.

Had a terrible night last night, full on cold now. I hate being ill. At least all the Christmas shopping is done apart from the food shopping. Just got to wrap everything up now.

Hope everyone else is doing well :)

Hey Sharon, you sound like your well prepared, im going to have a look for the carb and fat bible - would be a massive help.

Ive been on xencial for coming on 2 months and lost 22lbs so far so its worked really well for me, and ive had no side effects (so far lol). The main thing is to stick to the 15g fat per meal and 5% fat rules and you'll be fine.
Sorry theres not a lot of people on here at the moment, usually its really busy think it must be the time of year. It will get busier after Christmas and there will be loads of advice, tips and receipes going around. It has been a great help to me to be able to come on here and get so much useful advice.

Anyway, my wee one is loosing patience with me being on the lap top so i better go play with her!

Good Luck xxx

PS I got the EA Sports Fitness too, oh my god never been in so much pain, but at least i know its working xxx

Day 3
Breakfast - 2 slices hovis seed sensations bread with ginger preserve
Lunch - 3 ryvitas with morrisons cottage cheese and beetroot, WW rasperry fromage frais, alpen light cereal bar
Dinner - Morrisons Eat Smart chicken pasta bake with steam fresh veg
Snacks - 1 banana, 1 clementine

Total Cal - 1066
Total Fat - 15g

Didn't feel at all good yesterday. Cold has taken hold and making me feel really yucky. I am supposed to be doing wii active today but I haven't got the energy.

Got a bit demotivated yesterday. One of my kids managed to break her computer an expense we can do without just before Christmas and the other one went out and left her room in a complete mess!!! I had a bad food day too, I ate two, yes two Danish pastries. I got fed up cos the scales haven't been moving. I haven't had any nasty side effects but you guessed it what happened this morning? Stood on the scales and I am 1.8lb down!! How does that make any sense? I am beginning to think perhaps I am eating too many calories now because my fat content of what I am eating is around 17g a day!!

Day 6 Food Diary
Breakfast - 2 slices hovis seed sensations bread with ginger preserve, Muller light lemon cheesecake yogurt
Lunch - 4 ryvitas with laughing cow extra light and chutney, Sunbites Sweet chilli flavour
Dinner - Morrisons Eat Smart chicken chicken tikka masala
Snacks - 1 banana, 1oz cashew nuts, handful of tiger prawns

Wii active - 123cal burned

Good day. Feeling much better and my cold had all but gone. Finished the last of the Christmas shopping just have to finish wrapping now!!

Another plus is I stood on the scales this morning, tomorrow should be official weigh in. I have lost 3lbs this week!!!

Well done :D now you call relax (sort of) and enjoy the big day!

hows it going???

Hi Kes
I am ok. After a good first week and losing three pounds I came off the pills over Christmas and I have put back the 3lbs I lost. I am ok with this though because if I hadn't done that one week and lost 3lbs I would have been even heavier. I started back on the pills yesterday and monitored what I was eating. Hoping to restart my Wii Fit as well today or tomorrow. Have to take down and put away all the Christmas Decs today and get back some semblance of normality. How are you doing?

feeling really pants at the moment because ive got a stinker of a cold and have no energy which is not helping on the weight loss department ehhhhh!!!

Are you feeling more positive??

We will take the crimbo decs once we are feeling better (hubby has bad cold too)

Oh no :( dieting is so hard when you don't feel well. Hope u are all better soon. Get some echinacea tablets they are excellent for rebuilding the immune system. You just take one a day for max of three weeks.

I am feeling much more positive and know what I am eating now. I think I was so scared of eating anything in case of side effects I was being over cautious. The only thing that is worrying me a little is the incidence of wind, very embarrassing.

the echinasia doesnt do anyting for me, nothing does when it comes to me and colds!! I just need to ride it out!! :(

Back