Sharwoods Medium Egg Chilli noodles.

Really? That is great. I know noodles are free on a green day but a slight change of flavour seems to be all that is needed to make something a syn.

Thanks.

Interesting - I thought they were free but when I put the figures into the syn calculaor it came up as 2.5syns per 125 g (cooked weight).

I would love to be proved wrong

What happens if you put in the nutritional info for standard egg noodles that we know to be free? I have wondered before about this, certain foods that are energy dense like pasta are bound to technically have syns but because they fill you up for longer on lower quantities they are deemed free. Or is it just me?

I used the syn calculator on the SW site - and I put down that they had free food allowance and said it was noodles. Its not the end of the world....2.5syns..... but if I could use those syns on something else it would be a result.

But am I wrong in thinking that they don't have a free food allowance if they are free food? If you put in the nutritional info for pasta as a free food allowance it would have syns? I just put through 100g dried pasta and it came up at 12 syns per 100g dried weight! Yet it's not because its a free food, it doesn't have a free food allowance.

Does es that make sense or have I talked myself into a corner :s x

Back