Shingles anyone?????

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by foxy_lox, 16 August 2011 Social URL.

1. foxy_lox

foxy_lox Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(25.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I noticed a rash on Friday and have had a bit of a cold... anyway woke up this morning to find a nice large lump near my collarbone *gulp* Got Shingles... anyone else had this? The doctor didnt give me anything for it? Is this odd? I feel ok just a bit tired been doing 30 Day Shred so thought it was that lol lol

Any advice or info would be great:cry::D (not going to let this through me off plan)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Addibelle

Addibelle A happy downward spiral

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hiya. I had it last year.
    Had 6 weeks off work. It depends how fast you catch it but I'm pretty sure you should have some sort of medication. I had to have medication then anti inflammatory as my arm was so swollen and I couldn't use my arm right for a few months.

Just be careful. Take it really easy and avoid anyone who hadn't had chicken pox. It might not seem bad but it can get much worse. Mine did.

21 . 20 . 19 . 18. *17*. 16 . 15 . 14 . 13 . 12

4. foxy_lox

foxy_lox Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(25.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    At present I only have a small patch on the top of my back :confused: Im just hoping that it doesnt spread... Might go back to doctors on Friday if I start to feel worse, my mum said they can give you antiviral drugs to stop it spreading...:sigh:

5. **claire**

**claire** Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(3.09%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi I had it when I was 16. I was poorly for about a month and had little blister type things. I was given medication, twas a long time ago so can't remeber what. Have a look here for info: Shingles - NHS Choices

Hope you feel better soon x

6. kerryathome

kerryathome Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(22.28%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    as a general rule if you are under 55, usually healthy (ie don't have diabetes etc) and its not opthalmic shingles, then anti viral medication is not indicated, just painkillers,

the purpose of antivirals is not to 'cure' shingles but to prevent post herpetic neuralgia (after shingles nerve pain)

sorry, its another viral thing that the only cure for is time :( not very pleasant and very painful

hope you feel better soon xx

7. Shirleen

Shirleen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(2.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    My hubby had it in the scar after a hernia operation when my son was 3 months old....yes we are THAT unlucky! He was in agony he took Piriton and painkillers and found an ice pack helped.

Feel better soon x

8. foxy_lox

foxy_lox Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(25.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm feeling a bit better thanks everyone x just can't seem to focus or concentrate on anything at the moment lol x I think they are drying out :) but is it painful x x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

9. kerryathome

kerryathome Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(22.28%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    nice to hear you're feeling a bit better, shingles is horrible but good to know they're dying out x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.