Shocked myself - starting plan 1/1/16

Millsy3105

Hi everyone,

I'm a 5ft2 female, 13 stone and had a health scare yesterday which has been the last straw for me and I need to do something about my health, focusing more on this than the way I actually look.

I lost 3 stone in 2010 on WW and remained between 8.7-9.0 up until 2013 when I let my diet and fitness slip due to being made redundant and going through a low period. It's now December 2015 and I'm 13 stone and devastated. I suffer from tachycardia so my heart rate is constantly high, but I've been breathless recently and yesterday was admitted to hospital with chest and back pain and high heart rate/blood pressure. They suspected it was a blood clot on my lung but after various tests and scans, they ruled this out but they still aren't sure what's wrong so they've sent my bloods off, suspecting it's just pleurisy. I've been wanting to lose my weight purely based on my appearance but after this health scare, weight related or not, this has been my wake up call!

So, as WW have recently changed their plan and are receiving bad feedback, I've decided to give SW a go due to a number of friends finding success here. I'm joining my local group and I'm nervous, but to be honest stepping on the scales at the hospital yesterday was the first big hurdle!

Wish me luck! Ive been reading you success stories and I feel so motivated to make 2016 my year of change!

Merry Christmas xx

Well done for getting ahead and doing something about it Millsy, SW gets some fab results so a wise choice that will I'm sure lead to a healthy life style.

I didn't realise WW have changed their plan, What is it like now ? :)

Hi Jilly,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I think yesterday was the least I've eaten on Christmas Day, ever! I'm going to watch what I eat between now and group on Tueaday, my friend gave me lots of info for EE so I think I know what I'm doing, but I'd rather wait til group just to be sure.

WW is still points based but they've changed their points values to smart points from pro points and a lot of the staple foods have changed, including changes to your daily/weekly points allowance. There's now more focus on clean, whole foods so for example, the points value of a lean piece of meat has gone down, but the points value of a Freddo bar for example has gone up. This isn't an issue for me and it makes sense, what's the issue is that the app has been broken for 3 weeks and the website has also been inaccessible so members haven't been able to track. WW haven't been able to fix the bug so online members have not been able to track properly for weeks, especially through the Xmas period. Lean Chicken breasts are showing up as the same points value as chicken breasts in their skin so I queried this 2 weeks ago and they still haven't come back to me. Unfortunately it just seems they haven't tested the app/website enough before launching and they've lost a lot of members....to SW gain.

I like he variety with SW and I think my only query really is the 1/3 super free with every meal. I can do this at dinner, mostly at lunch but not always at breakfast so I just wanted to make sure that if i eat 1/3 fruit after breakfast or lunch, whether this would be acceptable.

Hannah xx

Hi ,Welcome!
I am following SW also, and am getting back to being on plan properly not just because of Xmas , but because I have been yo-yoing for about 6 months , almost reaching target, then put a fair bit back on and have been losing and gaining it for ages!
SW is a great plan :)

Hi Millsy, sorry to hear about your health issues. Not sure about WW as I never tried it, I think that all plans kind of work if you stick to them :).
I can only say that SW is a great plan where you can make lots of good choices, cook healthy and eat food you like. And as far as I am aware it is absolutely fine to have certain fruit with your breakfast/lunch as your superfree/speed part of a meal. Hope SW works for you, good luck on your weight loss journey :).

Hi millsy sorry to hear about what happened and its great you are giving sw a go. I have done both plans and I really prefer sw.
I'm starting again in a few days. Can't wait to get back to class and get stuck in. Good luck xxx

Gosh I didn,t realise that WW had all those problems, they must be losing members hand over fist !

Well done on eating less on Christmas day, sounds as though you are rocking it ! Well done you, really happy for you :)

Back