Shopping list?

Hi guys..

I'm going to restart Slimming World .. The last time I stopped was because I met my partner (2 years ago!!!!!) I've since put on nearly 3 stone... ergh. I know that to stay on plan I need to PLAN PLAN PLAN... my OH has finally agreed to do slimming world with me.. so I need to start writing a shopping list.. I'm getting as many recipes as I possibly can but I just wondered if there are any things you can think of that I'll definatley need to buy... I'm planning to do a lot of green days if that helps.

Thank you :) xx

Vegetarian days - purely because I find it easier.. not because I'm veggie.
The bloke will want meat though.. grrrr :( Stuff like this puts me off

- Thank you Jaylou :)

I find frozen mediternian veggies really useful to have in the freezer. Also frozen prawns as they can be chucked into a stirfry and are ready quickly.

Thank you.... I have a big bag of seafood cocktail from the tesco fishmongers.. looking for something to do with that at the moment!

Oooh for green vegetarian, try the linda mcartney italian sausages! £1 in tesco. 1/2 syn! I just went and bought 3 boxes today lol I do a lot of green days too, because I'm not a meat fan. I used a hexb for chicken today for the very first time!

My shopping staples are plenty of fruit that I like, salad stuff, pasta/spaghetti/rice, mugshots and low fat supernoodles for when I'm stuck for what to have for lunch, passata/tinned toms are a must also, tomato puree, low fat cheddar and babybels for hexa's, wholemeal bread, fat free yogurts like mullers/weight watchers, bags of frozen peppers/mushrooms are lifesavers for stirfries and spag bols when you run out of fresh, and veggie sausages/burgers/mince.

Also low syn treats velvet crunch/freddos/small milky bars

I could go on lol! The pound shop is good for the low syn treats!

Also some really good digital scales. Mine are off ebay, were about £6 but they're brill!! Small ones with digital display for ounces/grams and a button to tar the plate/bowl off. Love them!

Oooh for green vegetarian, try the linda mcartney italian sausages! £1 in tesco. 1/2 syn! I just went and bought 3 boxes today lol I do a lot of green days too, because I'm not a meat fan. I used a hexb for chicken today for the very first time!

My shopping staples are plenty of fruit that I like, salad stuff, pasta/spaghetti/rice, mugshots and low fat supernoodles for when I'm stuck for what to have for lunch, passata/tinned toms are a must also, tomato puree, low fat cheddar and babybels for hexa's, wholemeal bread, fat free yogurts like mullers/weight watchers, bags of frozen peppers/mushrooms are lifesavers for stirfries and spag bols when you run out of fresh, and veggie sausages/burgers/mince.

Also low syn treats velvet crunch/freddos/small milky bars

I could go on lol! The pound shop is good for the low syn treats!

Also some really good digital scales. Mine are off ebay, were about £6 but they're brill!! Small ones with digital display for ounces/grams and a button to tar the plate/bowl off. Love them!

Thank you that was really really really REALLY helpful :) i've got my notepad out..!
I do like meat ... I guess its just because the last time I did slimming world (2 years ago) I just stuck with the green days as they seemed to be a lot easier... now I have to think about the OH and he doesn't think it's a meal unless it has meat in it! lol.

Ohh and.. I LOVE FREDDOS!!!

Thank you that was really really really REALLY helpful :) i've got my notepad out..!
I do like meat ... I guess its just because the last time I did slimming world (2 years ago) I just stuck with the green days as they seemed to be a lot easier... now I have to think about the OH and he doesn't think it's a meal unless it has meat in it! lol.

Ohh and.. I LOVE FREDDOS!!!

Pleased it helped :) i like some meat just not fussed on it I can happily go without it lol oh I got my boyfriend well trained if we get a chinese he doesn't mind sharing a mushroom chow mein lol! You could try the extra easy plan? It is good, like if I'm gonna be eating out or having sunday lunch I just do extra easy. Just its a pain getting the third superfree sometimes. And only allowing one hexa and one hexb can sometimes be a bit tight. I like to know I can have a cup of tea with milk if I want it as well as my cheese lol

You could do you and the OH a spag bol with quorn mince one night, bet he wouldn't notice! I do mine with crushed garlic and onions, quorn mince, mushrooms, carton of passata so its syn free.

Oh and I forgot about frylight but if you've done sw before you will already have that one lol

I wish my bloke would just share one dish.. theres no chance on earth he'd share.. We've come to an agreement though that if he wants a takeaway he is more than welcome to have one as long as he doesn't try and guilt me into having one like he usually does.

I'm really looking forward to eating better like I did when I lived at home... My body feels healthier just thinking about it lol.

Ohh I still continued to use fry light even when I stopped slimming world :)!

Back