Shoppins not fun anymore

Maddysmum

Gold Member
Sorry but realised i should have put this in the off topic thread - but not sure how to move it!

Found a great lingerie shop with amazing sale - perfect as long as your in an ABC cup - not even close to my GG cup

Then the actual clothes - again great if your 5ft 7 + or a petite size 6 but as i'm 5ft 2inch and a very curvy sz 14 nothing.

I already feel like a blob with legs, but shopping today as really brought me down.

Ive only lost 0.5lb in 3 weeks despite being 100% good and now just praying for any loss.

I had to sit next to my best friend eating a starbucks rocky road & creamy caramel coffee while i had sparkling water (was too frightened to eat or drink anything)

Before i was ill i was a size 10 - 12 and thought i was fat, but id love to be back there.

Guess im just hoping SW does work for me as even little weight losses would motivate me, but def not going shopping again. x

Last edited:
Aw ((((())))) I admire you're willpower you're doing so well . I hope the scales are kinder to you this week .

I know exactly where your coming from!! At my height I can hardly get anything! My poor other half thought he would spoil me and take me clothes shopping soon after he met me.... he learnt his lesson, I came home in the most foul mood ever!!
I got home feeling like Hagrid or some kind of freak of nature giant
I know clothes will be easier to get when I loose weight (I'll never do anything about my height), but it's gotta get better!! I look forward to the day I can get normal sized clothes and I am going to shop till I drop then and hopefully other half will come with me and bring his card:8855:

Best of luck with this weeks loss and it will get better - honest!! x

PS - according to injury lawyers for you (long story I tried to sue Street swimming pool for duffing my back up), they could not support my case as I am 'abnormally tall' hummmpphhhh!!!
They sais that the average height of a woman in the uk over 18 is 5'3 and 1/2". I'm not sure whether thats true, but that puts you at a really good size!

PS - according to injury lawyers for you (long story I tried to sue Street swimming pool for duffing my back up), they could not support my case as I am 'abnormally tall' hummmpphhhh!!!
They sais that the average height of a woman in the uk over 18 is 5'3 and 1/2". I'm not sure whether thats true, but that puts you at a really good size!

what BULL- the average height is about 5'7, maybe 5'6 at a push

I hate going shopping- I have an hourglass shape-and all the pants just gape at the top, because my waist is too small in comparison to my hips and thighs.

Not just that- but all the big sized pants and tops seem to be for shorter people- i don't want a long top going to my belly button- don't wanna scare young children with the state of my stomah :jelous: and the "larger" sized pants are either in a short or regular leg- and the size 14/16 ones are the ones in a long leg...what's that all about? :(

"An extremely small sample of the population may have been measured, which makes it uncertain whether this sample accurately represents the entire population (for example, one source only measured 4482 males in the US to determine average height of US males from 2003–2006)"

^ uncertain? i think it's a fact that it's not accurate. There is no way I'm half a foot taller than an the average woman :s but my adopted mom will be in her element- the average height for a canadian woman is 5'3, that's how tall she is, lol

I have always hated shopping for clothes, but for my 40th birthday went shopping with my friend for a dress for my party and can honestly say that losng 2 stones has totally changed my view, I loved it wa trying all kinds of things on,

you'll get there too, just keep on with the plan and think about the gorgeous clothes you'll be able to wear

good luck xx

It does suck, and the sizing difference in shops doesn't help! I tried on a coat 3 sizes bigger than I am in one shop, and I still could have done with bigger, yet in another shop, that size drowned me.

But you are definitely on the right path. Just think, soon you will have to be dragged out of shops because you are so in love with your own reflection in clothing, twirling infront of mirrors like a crazy thing, and this period will seem like a distant memory. Or at least, that's what I keep telling myself :eek:

I can so relate to this. At my biggest I could rarely find anything to fit. Shopping for a special occasion was a nightmare and I had to look for what was available in my size, rather than find something I liked and then see if they had it in my size, if you know what I mean.

Now it's a completely different story. I loooove trying on clothes and for the first time in over 15 years, I like what I see in the mirror and on photographs. Hang on in there. Stick to plan and that will be you. Make it your motivation
xx

I wish someone would tell high street shops that lol x

The laws according to clothing manufacture are:
Only women with an inside leg of 29 inches and a maximum size 16 want clothes to work out in.
You can be short and fat or tall and slim, you cannot be tall and fat.
If you try to buy tights that will fit longer legs you will also have to wear them over your bra as they extend that too.
Nobody makes coats in tall so taller women need to wear shapeless coats or have a waist just below their armpits,
If your feet are over a size 7 then you don't deserve to wear pretty feminine socks, go to the mens, you freak of nature!
Clothes that are long enough in the body will be short in the sleeve!
Nighties and PJs come in one length so that us slightly taller women look like Dr Bruce Banner once The Hulk has left the building.
Maxi dresses HUH! For whom?
Buying a swimsuit will always result in a camel toe effect, no tall sizes there either.
Smaller chested women will have a strange tenting going on around their waists, this is due to unfilled breast darts that make us feel like freaks.
Gloves are made in a special way because tall ladies like having cold wrists (see sleeve length and coats).
Fat women like being hot so all jumpers, cardigans etc will only come in chunky knit yarn, this has the added BONUS of making us look bigger, yippee!

Shirleen said:
The laws according to clothing manufacture are:
Only women with an inside leg of 29 inches and a maximum size 16 want clothes to work out in.
You can be short and fat or tall and slim, you cannot be tall and fat.
If you try to buy tights that will fit longer legs you will also have to wear them over your bra as they extend that too.
Nobody makes coats in tall so taller women need to wear shapeless coats or have a waist just below their armpits,
If your feet are over a size 7 then you don't deserve to wear pretty feminine socks, go to the mens, you freak of nature!
Clothes that are long enough in the body will be short in the sleeve!
Nighties and PJs come in one length so that us slightly taller women look like Dr Bruce Banner once The Hulk has left the building.
Maxi dresses HUH! For whom?
Buying a swimsuit will always result in a camel toe effect, no tall sizes there either.
Smaller chested women will have a strange tenting going on around their waists, this is due to unfilled breast darts that make us feel like freaks.
Gloves are made in a special way because tall ladies like having cold wrists (see sleeve length and coats).
Fat women like being hot so all jumpers, cardigans etc will only come in chunky knit yarn, this has the added BONUS of making us look bigger, yippee!

Oh shirleen that's hilarious! xx

It gets better - I've hated clothes shopping for most of my life pretty much (apart from that blissful 6 months after I grew 6inches in a year at 14) because I've always been too fat, but now, at nearly 5st off I'm actually beginning to quite like it. Things fit - and if they don't it's because they're cut for a different shape of person or just badly made, I know it's not me.

There are still issues with me finding things that flatter - because I've got boobs, mostly, so things with buttons are just never, ever going to work, but I can now find things in several shops that are nicely flattering.

Back