Should I be eating all my Syns or any Syns at all?

Hi there, I am new to slimming world, started on Wednesday, just a quick question, should I be aiming to eat my syns?

Yesterday I ate 9 Syns, tonight if I have a kitkat 2 finger after my evening meal I will have had 9.5 syns.

Are we supposed to avoid them if we can, or is it good to have a few?

Eat all 15 if you like they are there to be used and are an integral part of the diet to stop you feeling deprived and then going on a blowout.

I regularly eat all of mine and have lost 2.5 stone since end of April.

Yep I agree. Fewer syns does not mean better losses and some people find it actually slows them down.
Have as many as you want to between 5 and 15 a day :)

Hey there! Welcome to SW :)
I'm pretty new (2 months) but I can honestly say syns haven't affected my losses at all. I have between 10-15 a day and usually have them on chocolate, sweets and general 'naughtiness' lol. Enjoy them, especially at the beginning as when you get closer to target and the losses slow down, reducing syns is a great option to kick start losses again

Thanks for all the reply's kinda blew it yesterday through alcohol (vodka diet lemonade), however it's normally beer on a Friday, Sat and Sun, so hopefully I should still get a loss!

Thanks for all the reply's kinda blew it yesterday through alcohol (vodka diet lemonade), however it's normally beer on a Friday, Sat and Sun, so hopefully I should still get a loss!

Wouldn't worry too much - I had a weekly night out when I started and was a similar start weight - the switch from my usual wine or lager to vodka and slimline still meant I had a loss. And guys lose weight easier too - it's a hormone thing (damn it).

Back