Should I be using more syns?

DietVirgin

Hi everyone,

I joined slimming world 2 weeks ago with a couple of friends, in my first week I lost 2lbs, which I thought was rather good considering I didn't really feel like I was on much of a diet. My 2 friends lost -4lbs and -5.5lbs which is amazing! However, I feel like they're using more syns than I am and they're using them more on things like biscuits and chocolate where as I am trying to use them on things like butter/oils etc. They do have a bit more weight to lose but I'm just wondering if people find that having syn free meals and then sweet treats works better for them? I also get a bit paranoid about using all 15 syns and try to stick to under 10...

This is my first 'proper diet' so just looking for a bit of advise really :)

Thanks in advance!

You have 15 to use so use them. But if you find your weight stalls cut down to 10. You can use them on anything so if you want to enjoy a bar of chocolate syn it. :)

And we all loss weight differently so don't compare yourself to your friends. Just make sure you log everything you have then you can review it if you get stuck.

Okay thank you that's a good idea, I think I'm so used to thinking 'diet' means no treats... I guess that is why slimming world is so popular and easier to stick with :)

Back