Should i be worried!!!!

garcia24

The Big Shake House
I found this on the NHS website:

Ketosis is a process in which your body converts fats into energy. During the conversion, ketones are produced as a by-product. Ketones can give your breath a sweet, fruity smell that may be mistaken for alcohol.
Your body normally uses glucose to meet its energy needs. Glucose comes from the carbohydrate in your diet. A healthy, balanced diet should provide you with all the glucose your body needs, so that ketosis does not take place. However, if your body does not have enough glucose, perhaps because your diet is very low in carbohydrates or you are starving yourself, it will begin ketosis to obtain energy from its stored fats instead. As a result of this, the ketone levels in your blood will rise. Prolonged severe ketosis can be dangerous as it can change the acidity of your blood, which may eventually lead to serious damage to your liver and kidneys.

Hiya Garcia

The ketosis around this diet in what is called benign dietary ketosis which means it is induced deliberately and is mild and is totally different from severe ketosis.

M.

Thats a brilliant explanation.

I think its easy for people who do not fully understand the diet to make flippant comments which worry us.

I have only told a very few people what I am doing and they are people who I know trust me to make a sensible decision and not to put myself at risk.

My thought as well is I think being morbidly obese is slightly more dangerous than being in ketosis!

lisalooo

i think that your reply may be a little harsh, as the person that made the comment was my brother and he only said it in good faith and was looking after my well being.
The fact that he researched it to understand what and why i am doing this diet comes only from his heart rather than anything else.
also seeing that it was taken from the NHs website which is a reputable source and with any diet risks are involved

I am sorry if you found the comment harsh but it was with regards to me not you.:(

I mean I don't even know how much you weigh so wouldn't know if you were morbidly obese and even if I did I would never make a comment like that about someone else.

Looks like my comment has been taken the wrong way and out of context so I will bow out :(

Back