Should I give up going to class?

I find one thing that works quite well for work is taking a load of cut up fruit with me. So say I'll cut up a banana, apple, strawberries and have some grapes. Put them in a big tub and when I get peckish I just grab a few bits. Quick and easy and can be eaten on the run.

We'll have to think of sw friendly low syn/syn free things you can take to work in a lunchbox to snack on easily when you need it :D

When I did sw before I used to go into work with a bag that was so heavy I thought the handles were going to break!!! :rotflmao:

Will just need to do the same this time and make sure i'm well prepared so that I stay away from the choccies! xx

Hope I`m not too late in posting. Glad you`re seeing GP the right meds can work wonders, they have for me. Had depression for years. I remember my mum telling me how bad I was at sleeping when I was a baby. Turns out I had a sleep disorder but it was only diagnosed when I was 45, I`m now 51. Still have probs sleeping without the meds. Try not to give up on group you need their support. Big hugs to you and baby

Thanks so much for your reply. I have good days and bad days, even with the meds, but I just feel that if I was in control of my eating then i'd feel much better. Poor you suffering for all those years before something was done.

My mum once said that she was glad my baby was a poor sleeper as apparently I was too!! Yes, as that was a helpful statement to make!!! :mad:

Thanks again xx

Im the same, I've not lost anything in the last 6 months, I've stayed between the same 7lbs, putting on and losing again. I have to go to group as i wont stick to it otherwise.

One of my consultants said to me, just think of the month you will save each month not paying for group if you get to target. Its just hard but we can do it !

Thanks so much for your reply. It's good to know i'm not alone. It will be nice to save the money once we're at target, but I worry I may go bankrupt by then!! :D

Good luck on your journey and thanks again xx

I would stick with class, I thought about not going a couple of weeks ago, but after calming down I realised I wouldn't cope on my own and where else would get my hi-fi bars from... The support you get from everyone is invaluable, as the help and support on here, but there is nothing like getting a shiney or slimmer of the week award, and you can't do that at home... Have a word with you C and also the doctor about your depression... I did, after advice on here, and it helped me no end...

hi hun try and stick with s/w it's a fab plan and does work if it's followed i was doing well got to my target then in a blink the mindframe had disappeared i have been away for a couple of months and have put loads back on so i restarted at group (new book clean slate) i think the most important things when following s/w is to eat plenty of free and super free food and have your syns i usually have boots shapers mint choc or blueberry & yoghurt bars they are 4 and 4.5 syns each and taste like ur having something "naughty" and it doesn't feel like ur being deprived. write a diary on here there will be plenty of us that will read it and if ur doing anything wrong on the plan someone will pick up on it and let u know it's surprising the little things that can make a difference, anyway that's enough waffling good luck what ever you decide xx

Thank you Valerie. I think I will be starting afresh when I go back next week as there's just too many negative associations with my book from this time. It will be nice to start again and hopefully that will help. It has really helped me coming on here and getting the support that I have from yourself and everyone else on here, as today is the first day in I don't know how long that I haven't strayed from the plan.

I love the statement at the bottom of your page. It really struck a cord with me and I think i'm going to write it out and stick it on my fridge when i'm having a bed day. If you don't mind me doing that, that is.

I have started my diary on here this morning so will try to update it as often as I can to keep me on track too.

Thanks again and good luck on your weight loss journey

xx

I find one thing that works quite well for work is taking a load of cut up fruit with me. So say I'll cut up a banana, apple, strawberries and have some grapes. Put them in a big tub and when I get peckish I just grab a few bits. Quick and easy and can be eaten on the run.

I normally do take loads of fruit to work with me, but what a great idea to cut it up. Much easier to nibble on when no-one's looking rather than trying to shove a whole banana in my mouth at once!! :D Will definitely be doing that (cutting it up that is, shoving a whole banana in my mouth!!) :silly:

I would stick with class, I thought about not going a couple of weeks ago, but after calming down I realised I wouldn't cope on my own and where else would get my hi-fi bars from... The support you get from everyone is invaluable, as the help and support on here, but there is nothing like getting a shiney or slimmer of the week award, and you can't do that at home... Have a word with you C and also the doctor about your depression... I did, after advice on here, and it helped me no end...

Thanks for your reply. My consultant has been so fab and has been with me every step of the way while i've been feeling like this. You're so right about the support you get from going to group. I really think I just need to start again, forget about the past however many months and keep on swimming.

Good luck to you on your journey and thanks again xx

Tooty Frooty said:
Thanks for your reply. My consultant has been so fab and has been with me every step of the way while i've been feeling like this. You're so right about the support you get from going to group. I really think I just need to start again, forget about the past however many months and keep on swimming.

Good luck to you on your journey and thanks again xx

No worries love I do hope you find the help you need to pull you back on track... Keep us informed how you get on and remember we are all here if you need us, just give a shout out... I know I do, whenever I go through a bad patch, everyone on here and at class pull me through... xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

I've found minimins so supportive whilst since my re-start. It's not even posting its seeing everyone else's. Especially if I look on the pics and there is someone of a similar height with a similar start and they've reached target. Makes me believe I can do this.

Cherry-Blossom said:
I've found minimins so supportive whilst since my re-start. It's not even posting its seeing everyone else's. Especially if I look on the pics and there is someone of a similar height with a similar start and they've reached target. Makes me believe I can do this.

Two second that emotion... xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Back