should I start, or wait? Your advice please!

nic_noc1

Hi all.

Been a member before when doing slimming world. Have lurked around the CD forum for while but never posted here before, but I'd like to ask your opinions please?

I am seriously thinking about CD as am getting married in July and just want to shift this excess weight. I need to order my dress before the end of this month. The thing is I don't want to be measured before losing the weight, as I don't want the dress to need taking in a lot once it's made.

So I'm thinkin CD might be my answer. I have a friend who's done it so I think I have a fair idea about it all, and of course learned a lot from you guys on here!

Problem is I have a ball to go to on 15th Jan, and a family meal the following weekend. After that I have nothing coming up for some time. So here is my big question! Am I best to get these two engagements out of the way first, or start now knowing that these are coming up and will prob affect weight loss on those weeks? I'm only talking about 1.5 or maybe 2 stone to come off before ordering dress.

What do you guys, the experts, think??

Thanks! Xx

if your heads in the right place for cambridge then i say run with it and jump on board. for your meals out either go and stick to plan taking a soup or a shake with you or if you must eat then try and stick to protien and the vegetables from the ss+ list.
ive been to family meals and had fish with cabbage and broccoli before and its not made much of a difference at weigh in

Start now - you could be 10lbs lighter by the 15th. What's the alternative - let the next 3 weeks go by in a blur of 'I'll just wait until.........' and 'I may as well eat what I want now, there's no point in starting'?
Allow yourself only those 2 occasions to eat (sensibly) for those meals only, don't let them be an excuse to delay your new you!

Start now, and plan with your CDC what you can eat at the events (or go hard core and just have a shake). I went to a couple of big events last year with set meals and it was suprisingly easy to stick to meat and veg with low carb. Good luck

Back