Should pasta and rice be wholemeal?

No you can have non wholemeal pasta & white rice if you wish.

Thank you so much. My sister just told me she read in her books that on EE it can be white but on red and green it has to be wholemeal!!
I panicked.

I recently tried brown pasta again after a bad - its cardboard surely ? - experience as a student

Barilla brand pasta bows - pricier than regular pasta, but definately edible and not cardboardy!

I love wholemeal pasta and I think it does fill you up. WM rice is not as nice but I've seen people mention using half white and half wm to make it nicer.

I love the tiny wm pasta at ASDA. It's made for children but that doesn't stop me!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I do green days all the time - veggie - and i usually have white pasta, but decided to change to wholewheat. I had spaghetti and home made tomato sauce wioth quorn meatballs yesterday and can confirm that the wholewheat pasta fills you up all night!

I always use wholemeal pasta, and to be honest I wouldn't know the difference. Also it's better for you! Try it you may well be surprised x

I might give it a go. Always avoided wholemeal rice and pasta but seems to be the better option

Back