Shredding for the wedding

I'm doing fine so far, not been tempted, luckily there is nothing in except skinny popcorn lol.
I don't drink nearly enough water, something I should change but never seem to stick to. X what day is your weigh day?

I try to have water with every meal now but it's the ones in between meals that I forget to have.
My weigh in day is a Monday.

Day 5 27/1/17

I'm pleased I'm doing good for the first week, I used to weigh in on a Friday morning last time as weekends were the easiest to stick to.

Any way out of habit I've had a sneak peak...and I'm happy, well more than happy with what it says so it looks like it will be a good weigh in on Monday.

Last night was my first night after two weeks ill back out running, it was cold and damp but I did it, 4 miles with a group of 25 other Mad men and women, it was brisk to say the least, hot bath when I got home and food.

I tried one of the slimming world ready meals from Iceland, the aromatic chicken noodle...I wasn't that impressed to be honest, it was ok for an emergency but that's all, I only ate half of it.

Other food was (quickly)
Porridge
Yogurt
Banana
2 wholemeal toast
Mackerel fillets
Pot of naked noodles
SW meal

Just a couple of syns for the noodles.

Today's food so far is
Overnight oats with muller light
Banana
Grapes

Last edited:
Ok I've been MIA...

Day 6 29/1/16

Yesterday I went for a dress fitting for the wedding...the dress fitted but was a tad tight...I knew it would be so I wasn't upset, and actually I was surprised it did fasten. The decision was made to go T length, everyone agreed it was more me.

After dress fitting I took mum and my niece to be to sort flowers out, so they are also booked and deposit paid.

Speaking of Niece to be, she decided spending the day with me was better than going to football with her family...the only reason she agreed to go to football in the first place was so she could come to the dress fitting. Bless her.

We spent the rest of the afternoon in a cafe for lunch then vintage shopping.

Anyway food...that's why I'm here lol....

Breakfast was bacon & egg wholemeal sandwich with tsp ketchup.

Lunch was cafe jacket potatoe with beans & sprinkle of cheese with salad and coleslaw

Dinner was chicken stir fry though it wasn't great and only picked at it.

Treat was a packet of skinny popcorn.

Today's food was

Breakfast/ lunch of bacon & egg with tsp ketchup on wholemeal roll

4.5 mile walk

Low cal cake bar

Dinner was stewed steak, vegetables, SW roast potatoes &a small piece of flaky pastry

2 (I know) muller chocolate mousse thingy's
1 packet of low cal pitta thingy's

Well it's weigh in officially tomorrow morning so fingers crossed it's still a loss.

Day 8 weigh in day 30/1/17

Woohoo. Lost a staggering 5 lb

To say I'm chuffed is an understatement.

We all know that slimming world works, else we wouldn't keep going back to it, trick is keeping it off after...

Anyways rushing this morning so will edit later

Edit

Food was
2 weetabix with skimmed milk

2 egg omelette with tomato and sprinkle mozzarella

Fat free yogurt

2 jacket potatoes, tuna, beans, salad

Last edited:
Well done on your 5lbs!

I need to take a leaf out of your book and be a bit more serious about this again.. been slacking terribly! No time for slacking! lol

Thanks guys,

Been a little bit busy last 2 days so not been on here for long.

Quick update day 9 31/1/17

Porridge with raspberries

Tried the Iceland slimming world tuna pasta....yeulk who ever said that was fit for human consumption lied....

Yogurt fat free
Skinny popcorn
Mug shot pasta

Pork, SW roasts, veg, gravy and stuffing

Day 10 1/2/17

Good grief it's February already, where did January go? I will be 45 in 14 days...where did the last 44 years ago?

Today I've been up to Haverigg for work, what a long bleak drive that was in the dark. It's 2 years since I last went so I suppose I can't really complain.

I prepared overnight oats to take with me for when I arrived...tick

Lunch I ordered tuna salad on wholemeal it was full size but I'll live with that...tick bu I also had their home made mushrooom soup...omg it was so good I bought an extra tub to bring home for Andy...no tick cos I expect there will be cream in it.

Dinner is pasta bake totally not SW but it's late and I'm being lazy after the long day.

Monday 6/2/17

Week 2
Been missing the last couple of days....

Been a little hit and miss since Friday regarding food.

Yesterday I ran a 10k race, Mad Dog 007 in Southport, was a really great race, missed a PB by 1 minute...oh well

Went for a short 3 mile run at lunchtime today and felt it, but glad I went.

Food

Breakfast was oats, skimmed milk and raspberries

2 toast cos I was starving

Pasta salad from Morrisons...oh heck

Pulling it back with SW chilli, rice & SW chips

Not great day really and the running doesn't compensate lol x

Oh dear, not sure what's been going on...well I do I've fallen off the wagon yet again.

I have been eating everything and anything recently but I have been running but that doesn't really compensate. Today is my birthday 15 Feb and we've just got home from Scotland where we went for our one year engagement anniversar. We returned to Peebles yesterday for a meal and over night stay in a lovely hotel, then into Edinburgh today to see the city and have my birthday then home again for celebration with my son...food has been eeekkk....

Ok draw a line and start again, except I have birthday cake left if I can moderately eat it wouldn't be that bad, but I have no self control

I think the best thing for me is to be careful with my meals tomorrow, eat my cake, do my 6 mile run then when I wake on Friday morning I can weigh in and start again....

I have 6 and half months to wedding I need to stop messing about especially when I really only need to lose a stone an half at the most.

Regarding the cake... cut it into very small slices, wrap each one in clingfilm and put them in the freezer. I did this as I'm the same, I can't control myself when it comes to cake (my own cakes especially). Putting in the freezer meant I had to make a choice to defrost a slice and the thinking time helps. :)

IMG_2114.JPG Long time no write...I'm still on the plan, just not been on here for a while. I've been trying to not eat as many sweets, not so easy when you have a sweet tooth...

I am aiming for 1lb a week, that way it's not too much effort and by July for my final wedding dress trial I will be back where I was when I put the dress away....either that or it's going to cost me for a new dress..

I've been doing a few races recently, I did a 10k last weekend and I have a 5k tomorrow. I've joined another running club for a different day to run with a group as I find it more enjoyable running with friends than alone, I give up after 3 miles otherwise.

Anyway, today we tried the slimming world mushroom soup from Iceland, it was ok but even better when I added loads of pepper and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. Tonight is SW chicken curry and rice with a lovely glass of red

I've been eating baked oats most week day mornings, absolutely delish....

IMG_2122.JPG Sunday 19.3.17

Today is race day, only a 5k in my home town. So I'm up and having a light breakfast of porridge my race is at 10:15 so plenty time to digest.

IMG_2123.JPG Race done and smashed out a PB of 32:36 so well chuffed with that. The race was a fast flat out an back with a scoot round the park, I had a woman in my sights as my pacer and managed to sprint past her on the last 0.5k giving it 100%.

Got home and was starving lol, had jacket potato with a small spoon of xtra low cal Philly, salad, ham and pickles
And some sliced apple.

734FCEFC-DABF-4249-84B7-93CC769DD8AB.jpg IMG_2148.JPG IMG_2149.JPG IMG_2150.JPG AWOL again, I'm rubbish this time around at documenting my progress and food. Last week was hit n miss....but I've been on plan Fri, Sat and today. Got out in the sunshine today, Andy and I walked up to Rivington Pike then added in a hike over to Winter Hill, very muddy but good body magic.

Food today has been good

Porridge with raspberries
1/2 pack sushi
Banana and protein bar
Gammon, new potatoes, carrot, broccoli, tbsp cauliflower cheese, egg
Strawberries blueberries & fat free yogurt on a meringue
Coffee and 2 miniature hero chocolates

Back