Side effects of VLCD

bumpybean88

Hi everyone, I am on day 2 of the CD after changing from LL.
I seem to have developed awful ulcers in my mouth and my tongue is the most awful colour. I am brushing my teeth and tongue URRGGHHH at least 3 times a day.Is this by any chance a side effect of the CD or have I got problems:eek: :eek:

Ulcers - not come across that one....sorry!!

Funny tongue colour - yup.....ketosis. Is it a funny white colour? drink water, should go a bit.

hope you get sorted soon!!

xx

Like Coley I have never heard of Ulcers in the mouth on VLCD, hope it clears up soon x

im on day 3 now of CD, finding my breath tastes yukky, but cleaning teeth, and more.. yeah more water helps

The ulcers have gone, thanks goodness:D , I think I am going to have to put up with the colour of my poor tongue:p
Thanks guys for the info anyway,

LOL, its hard for me to try and keep my mouth shut!!
Hope it doesnt last for to much longer:)

How much water are u drinking hun?
I found that when I upped my water intake all the odd things happening in my mouth went away and I am now fresh as a daisy LOL
Re the ulcers, you werent having your packs too hot were you lol , it was probably your body detoxing, and I'm glad they've now disappeared for you.

Good luck with the rest of your weight loss journey xx

When i've been on VLCDs before i've always suffered with mouth ulcers.
I do seem to get them alot anyway but when im on a VLCD they seem to be more frequent & larger.
I would get clusters of 4-5 in my mouth & god were they painful.

Back