Sillicone Bakeware

GymClassHero

Silver Member
They are selling sillicone bakeware in Aldi so i thought i would buy a loaf tray - que the over eager baking of weetabix fruit loaf 2 days on the trot! lol

Anyway - ive never used them before and they are brilliant! They are totally non stick so you dont have to mess about with parchment or greaseproof paper.

I think im going to invest in some muffin cases and sandwich 'tins'. Does anyone use these and what are they like for making muffins?

I agree! I have silicone cup cake moulds and all my utensils are silicone too - I even have a ring to fry eggs and some that float to pach them in.

the cup cake moulds are fab! Well worth £3.99 per 6!!! (well mine were that)

Love them! Don't stain, get hot or degrade.

Thanks for the tip though - don't have a loaf tin x

They had loads of different ones in Aldi, and they were all about £3.99 as well.

The egg thing sounds fab - where did you buy that from?

Our Asda are selling these as well, but as I'm not a baker (and never was) I didn't check the prices.
That said, the OH loved the cous cous cake I made earlier, so maybe I should investigate. Can you use these in the microwave?

They had loads of different ones in Aldi, and they were all about £3.99 as well.

The egg thing sounds fab - where did you buy that from?

I got them from a local store to me. I'll pop in and get the company name as you'll be able to get them online. The ring is just a red ring with a lifting tab. The poachers are little hald cracked egg shapes rubbery moulds. They float and slowly (and perfectly) poach eggs :)

I'll try to find out this week what they are called for you x

I love the silicone stuff, the quark and courgette muffins are yummy when made in my lovely lilac muffin tin ... gonna pop to aldi though, I could do with more things

thanks for tip

I have a silicone muffin tray, cost me a fortune ages ago, it's a Jamie Oliver one and cost at least a tenner. I was robbed.......

It is fab though and If I pop by Aldi I'll get a loaf tin. Thanks GCH

Asda are selling them 2 for £8, cake and loaf tins etc. They also do individual fairy cake cases 12 for £3 something, I bought some at the weekend but haven't used them yet, so pleased to be hearing they are good.

I got them from a local store to me. I'll pop in and get the company name as you'll be able to get them online. The ring is just a red ring with a lifting tab. The poachers are little hald cracked egg shapes rubbery moulds. They float and slowly (and perfectly) poach eggs :)

I'll try to find out this week what they are called for you x

Ooooh fab - thanks hun!

I love silicone baking stuff.
I have round muffin silicone tin, and a heart shaped one, which is so cute! That one was about a fiver, which is more than all my other bits, but it was the cuteness I was going for! I am planning to do my weetabix cake in heart-shaped muffins next time, see how they work out! :D I have a round cake tray too, which is a bit too big for my weetabix cake, but I've only got a metal loaf tin (which I can't microwave, obviously!) so I might just pop there tonight for a loaf tray! Woohoo!

Good tip thanks!

Back