Extra Easy Silly Question (maybe)

Davey1984

Hi all,

I started on Slimming World this week following the Extra Easy Plan And I had a friend over for dinner last night (who is also following slimming world) and she watched how much I ate and she asked me what my daily food intake was today and when I told her she said "Slimming World will defiantly not work for you because you are not eating enough, because slimming world is designed for people who have big appetites." I explained that I wasn't restricting myself but just do not have a massive appetite and I have eaten until satisfied as I do no believe in eating for the sake of eating and she went on to say "if this is the chase then slimming world ain't for you, I would change to weight watchers"

Is she right? I'm worried now?

xxx

Can you post what you'd eat in a day? Just so everyone can see.

If your friend REALLY knew what she was going on about, she'd know sw says eat until you are satisfied, not eat massive quantities. It is not designed just for people with big appetites but it is good for them because you can have big portions.

Ignore your friend. It may not have been intentional but her comments have already shaken your weightloss journey.

But I thought WW was even more restrictive - i.e. everything has to be weighed and measured and eaten in set quantities? How does that help if you have a large appetite? :confused:

If I had a quid for every person who's come onto the SW forums saying "I tried WW for a while but had to quit and come back to SW because I was so hungry all the time" I'd be a happy lady :D

Sounds to me like your friend very much has the "diet mentality" of everything being restricted, and really hasn't got a clue about SW... just my humble opinion.

Rorah said:
But I thought WW was even more restrictive - i.e. everything has to be weighed and measured and eaten in set quantities? How does that help if you have a large appetite? :confused:

OP doesn't have a large appetite, so friend(with large appetite) suggests OP try ww :)

I agree with first reply here, think your friend has taken the "free food" claim the wrong way! Eat until you are satisfied, with a smaller appetite I would assume you might have a greater loss than someone who is eating tonnes (both ways are correct!) The sw view is that you should not go hungry, if you are going hungry then you should eat more,but equally you shouldn't eat for the sake of eating. Good luck :eek:

Last edited:
You should be fine, If you are eating until you are satisfied then carry on what you are doing.

Slimming world is good for people with big appetites, but if those people eat too much and overfill themselves they still won't lose.

Post a typical day so we can see what you have and give you some pointers x

Hiya, thanks for your replies. Below was what I ate yesterday:

BREAKFAST
Milky Coffee (HEXA Milk)
HIFi Bar (HEXB)

SNACK
Grapefruit

LUNCH
Mullerlight
Apple, Banana, Orange

DINNER
Chilli Con Carne (used lean mince)
Rice
Side Salad

SYNS
1 Alpen Light Bar (3 syns)
Half Colmans Chilli Con Carne Mix (3.5 syns)
200g Lean Mince (5 syns)

What do you think?

Davey1984 said:

BREAKFAST
Milky Coffee (HEXA Milk)
HIFi Bar (HEXB)

SNACK
Grapefruit

LUNCH
Mullerlight
Apple, Banana, Orange

DINNER
Rice
Side Salad

SYNS
200g Lean Mince (5 syns)

What do you think?

I think I would be starving just having fruit and yogurt for lunch, but if you are satisfied then its fine! X

It looks like hardly anything tbh, but if you're genuinely not hungry on that and you're sticking to plan so be it! Good luck.

BREAKFAST
Milky Coffee (HEXA Milk)
HIFi Bar (HEXB)

SNACK
Grapefruit

LUNCH
Mullerlight
Apple, Banana, Orange

DINNER
Rice
Side Salad

SYNS
200g Lean Mince (5 syns)

What do you think?

Looks good to me, if you were hungry i'd say eat more but if its satisfying you then its perfect! :)

PS....Ignore your friend!!

Umm.."slimming world is designed for people who have big appetites."...I think not.

I didn't have a big appetite - my problem was I ate c**p food! SW teaches you how to eat healthly, increase your fruit and veg, and to exercise.

I like your diary - it's similar to the sort of things I eat. I wasn't big on breakfasts but now eat a banana on weekdays, and I find fruit filling. Hopefully you're also drinking water, tea or something low-cal during the day. I would 'hide' veg in the chilli - chopped courgettes for example but as you've got a side salad you've got it covered.

Good luck on your jouney!

Davey1984 said:

BREAKFAST
Milky Coffee (HEXA Milk)
HIFi Bar (HEXB)

SNACK
Grapefruit

LUNCH
Mullerlight
Apple, Banana, Orange

DINNER
Rice
Side Salad

SYNS
200g Lean Mince (5 syns)

What do you think?

If you're doing extra easy why is the lean mince synned??? I thought it was free, please correct me if I'm wrong

That's similar to me (except I spend my syns on wine :)). I'm not hungry during the day at all, the pangs kick in pm. Grapefruit, melon and strawberries are all superspeed so I stick to those during the day. I've lost every week so far so I guess your friend was mistaken. Good luck x

I've never had a big appetite, I just ate the wrong foods! There are so many free foods in SW you'll never be hungry, just make sure you eat when you want to, and stop when you're satisfied, not full.

When you've lost a good few lb's - Remind your friend of her comments ;)

Davey1984 said:

BREAKFAST
Milky Coffee (HEXA Milk)
HIFi Bar (HEXB)

SNACK
Grapefruit

LUNCH
Mullerlight
Apple, Banana, Orange

DINNER
Rice
Side Salad

SYNS
200g Lean Mince (5 syns)

What do you think?

Blimey is that it!?!??

You breakfast is a snack, and has no super free included - you need or have some fruit with it
Your lunch is a snack by anyone's standard.
Dinner is fine portion wise I think.

Your friend may actually be right that you won't loose weight. I am going to put your food intake into a calories counter & I will be astounded if it much more than 1200 cals - which is the minimum you should be eating.

Back in a bit :)

You have to make sure you are eating enough & having your third superfree with every meal. Sit down with your book & plan some meals for the next few days. On slimming world you need to eat to loose weight. Good luck:)

DINNER

200g Lean Mince (5 syns)

Hiya, just a butt in :) I love chilli con carne myself but I can't justify using a lot of syns on one meal :( What i've tried is the Asda's Smart Price Chilli Con Carne in a tin. It's about 58p and it's only 1 syn for the whole tin!

I make it for me and me OH, add extra chopped tomatoes, some mixed beans and tomato puree and job's a gudden! That usually makes 4 servings so really, there's no syns in it! I always count half a syn just to be safe though ;)

Hiya, just a butt in :) I love chilli con carne myself but I can't justify using a lot of syns on one meal :(

??? :confused: Chilli con carne's one of the easiest things to make syn free or at l;east very low syn. Just use extra lean mince, even lean is very few syns if you cant get/afford extra lean. Fry the onion/garlic in Fry Light, tomatoes, tomato puree, beans and spices are free. Where are the syns to 'justify'? :confused:

I eat about twice as much as you daily and my weight loss is going great but just shows we are all individuals and very different, my only slight suggestion would be to maybe switch the fruit at lunch to go with your hi fi at breakfast and add something like a chicken salad or small jacket potato for lunch, hopefully that way it will not be too filling but slightly more substantial, but of course if you would really struggle to eat that then forcing food down makes no sense at all!

Back