Extra Easy Silly Question (maybe)

ermintrude said:
??? :confused: Chilli con carne's one of the easiest things to make syn free or at l;east very low syn. Just use extra lean mince, even lean is very few syns if you cant get/afford extra lean. Fry the onion/garlic in Fry Light, tomatoes, tomato puree, beans and spices are free. Where are the syns to 'justify'? :confused:

I think it's because the op said they used lean (not extra lean mince) and a satchet of seasoning, I personally use the same satchet but with extra lean mince because it's gorgeous and easy but split between portion only works out about 1.0 syn a portion x

I think it's because the op said they used lean (not extra lean mince) and a satchet of seasoning, I personally use the same satchet but with extra lean mince because it's gorgeous and easy but split between portion only works out about 1.0 syn a portion x

Exactly HP :) and it's a lot quicker hehe ;)

Also. if you're not using your syns on other things it makes sense to use them on meal ingredients - you should always use some every day.

I also wondered about all of this tbh. I don't eat much (can go all day without eating or being hungry). I do eat rubbish food sometimes but I wouldn't say I eat a lot of it n I do have fruit, veg, salad etc so wondered if SW will work for me???? Or any diet for that matter???

Stacey87 said:
I also wondered about all of this tbh. I don't eat much (can go all day without eating or being hungry). I do eat rubbish food sometimes but I wouldn't say I eat a lot of it n I do have fruit, veg, salad etc so wondered if SW will work for me???? Or any diet for that matter???

Of course Slimming World will work for you!!! Anything will as long as you work with it but you have to be prepared to make changes, if you don't it won't!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Stacey87 said:

No diet will work of you if you still eat rubbish food, because no diet includes rubbish food!

I would be hungry on just that, I also eat large portions and I think it reduces me wanting to snack.

I would be starving after your breakfast, even with my.normal breakfast of 2 weetabix and milk I would probs have ur lunch around 11 as a snack. Not always it depends on how hungry I am.

Lunch I like a proper lunch to keep me going til 7 (maybe with additional snack but often not).

I net my lunch would be extra 350-400 cals.

Dinner is fine, I often have the same. Although I wouldn't east 8.5 syns on main meal. Make ur own chilli with chilli powder and add lots of veg - onion, garlic, 3 peppers, mushrooms and sometimes carrots and corgette. All with my tinned toms, kidney beans and stock.

And I use my syns on chocolate - the same syns u had in ur chilli I would use on a cream egg haha (well half syn more)

I would guess I have about 1500 cals a day but there is no way my body will store energy as it won't think I am in a famine haha
That's what happens if ur not eating enough, ur body thinks food is restricted and reduces ur metabolism to live on new amount of food. Which is why slimming world say u need to eat til satisfied so ur still having low calories but ur body is happy :)

Back