Since I lost weight I can now.

judimac

Mad old Bat with Attitude
OK so since you lost weight, what are the 3 things you can do now that you couldn't do before?

1 I can cross my legs without lifting my leg with my hands.
2 I can fit in my bra and parade in front of my husband without cringing! (tho I still hate my stomach and cover myself up STAT!)
3 I wear tops that aren't voluminous and show I almost have a shape!

1. Wear my old clothes that hadn't fitted for years!!

2. Enjoy getting dressed in the morning and trying on clothes in shops :)

3. Sit down (esp when driving) and not feel my pants digging in, and my "rolls" feeling horrible!

What a cool thread!!!

1 - Go to work and not hide under a fleecy jacket to hide my shape
2 - Walk and not feel my thighs rubbing - there is a GAP!!! :O
3 - And I wore a very fitted purple satin dress again and felt confident!!! WOO!!

Last edited:
Well I have a long, long way to go yet, but....

1. I can already walk better around my home.
2. I can see that my face is getting thinner and my chins are disappearing.
3. I am not as breathless as I was.

So a good start to a healthier me.

i like this thread
1-cross my legs properly - ie it actually crosses over and isnt just my ankle on my knee - if that makes sense..!
2-wear a dress to work and not feel / look like a right frump!
3- got onto rides in legoland that i couldnt have done 6months/4 stones ago!!! lol

1 - I can get back in those clothes that have been lurking at the back of the wardrobe since last time I lost weight!
2 - I can go into a shop and only have to take one size into the changing rooms - bliss!
3 - I can tie my hair back for work again... it sounds strange, but my face looked too round when I was bigger and I couldn't face myself in the mirror with my hair tied back!

I have lost 9 n half pound up to date and feel better for it already.. need about another 2 stone off but my work pants are feeling better already !!

1 - I can wear tighter tops which are cut and nipped in at the waist because my boobs now stick out more than my belly :p
2 - Run a half marathon - did this for charity and it was such an amazing experience
3 - Feel comfortable on a flight and not be squashed up and concious of the seatbelt digging in

1) I can be out of the house and just relax, instead of always using my arms/hands/bag (or whatever) to hide my belly.

2) I can let my boyfriend come in and ask me stuff, when I am in the bath, without feeling like a manatee.

3) I can comfortably wear clothes that don't have elasticated waistbands.

"3. Sit down (esp when driving) and not feel my pants digging in, and my "rolls" feeling horrible!"

oh man, that is the worst one lol...

my cloths still fit me, but only just. i am at the stage where if i dont loose my belly i will have to buy new cloths.

and it is amazing how much impact cloths make on you. if i were a tighter trouser with a shirt, people say 'ah youve lost weight ey'...but if i were a looser trouser, with a t shirt i get 'cmon, you need to start jogging'...

my stats are not looking very good at the moment though...

1. Enjoy clothes shopping
2. cross my legs properly
3. Enjoy getting dressed in the mornings and looking in the mirror, oh that sounds so vain but i used to hate looking in the mirror

1- My dress clothes fit me comfortable
2-seat belt dont dig into me when i drive
3- i can do 7 miles on cross trainer at gym

1. i can go into clothes shops and not feel like the assistants are staring at me and thinking 'she wont suit or even fit in that!'

2. i can walk without my legs rubbing, thus making me hot and bothered and avoiding all forms of exercise and yelling at my Oh to deter from the situation and go home!

3. I can wear jeans comfortably, all day.. without feeling the need to run in and stick my pajamas on the moment i get home, because i can't bare cramming my fat bum into tight jeans for one secound longer thats not needed! LOL x

Love this thread!

1. Will go to an event with Hubby and not feel that everyone is staring at me.

2. Can run around longer than 10 minutes chasing my Daughter around the garden - and sit on the floor to play with her without various parts of my legs getting cramp or pins and needles!

3. Wear skirts and not have the chaffing thighs!

What a brilliant thread Judi,

I can now:

1. Do the seat belt up in the car without it digging in my tummy.
2. There is now a gap between my tummy and the steering wheel so I'm not being chaffed to death turning corners lol.
3. I don't spend all day pulling pants up cos they actually stop up round the waist (yes there is a hint of one appearing) now instead of rolling down over the apron.

1. I can walk to the gym from home (2miles) with ease and at speed.
2. I can wear strappy tops and show of my slimmer figure
3.I'm starting to wear clothes that arent all BLACK!!!

:D x

Back