size 10 and not happy

tinkerbellsmum

Gold Member
size 10 was always my dream and I never thought I'd get here and I don't want to be a size 8 but I;m still not happy I still seem like I have more to lose and looking at my pictures I can't see how i'm a size 10.
help I feel irrarted that i'm a size 10 and don't look it.
Picture104.jpg
Picture105-1.jpg

Sorry your feeling low you've done so well you should be proud. If you can get away with losing more with a healthy BMI then you could always lose a couple of lbs.
Maybe your just having a anti climax and now feel like you've nothing to look forward too?
Your pics look lovely btw Big hugs xxx

my healthy bmi is a stone and a half away. think you are right i've lost my motivation I got to where I always thought I wanted to be and its not.
yeah I know I need to tone up I just can't summon the energy to do it lol

Again i say its your shape you arent happy with not your size. Try doing the odd exercises and it will soon happen. Thats what i am trying to do as i still hate my legs and bottom of me tummy. Hula hoop is really helping with my tummy though.
You look fine but that means nothing when you arent happy with yourself x

Tink, if you're near a Rushcliffe Borough you can join one of their leisure centre gyms for like £28 a month (I think) and they do a personal trainer for free! Theyre in Cotgrave, Bingham, Keyworth & West Bridgford.

I've signed up at my local one and had her devise a plan to sort out my bingo wings and thunder thighs, she measured everything and is measuring again in 1 month, maybe that'll get you motivated!

I think you look lovely, but if you want to, you can always lower the target a little and if you do some toning exercise you might just *tighten up* if you know what I mean. :)

hmmmm clothes sizes are all over the shop so to speak for instance in primark I can just squeeze into a 12 but at asda some size 10s are too big I suppose it depends where the clothes are from.
and according to this I am a size 8 on top and a 12 on the bottom but i have never gotten in an 8 and tend to wear 10-12 have a measure and see what you are on this list as you can see it allows for 2" difference at each size so you may just be at the upper end of a 10 maybe aim for the measurements slap bang in the middle you may find in some shops this will be a 12 some a 10 and some an 8 crazy.....

UK Size 6:

Bust: 30-32 inches
Waist: 23-25 inches
Hips: 32-34 inches

UK Size 8:

Bust: 32-34 inches
Waist: 25-27 inches
Hips: 34-36 inches

UK Size 10:

Bust: 34-36 inches
Waist: 27-29 inches
Hips: 36-38 inches

UK Size 12:

Bust: 36-38 inches
Waist: 29-31 inches
Hips: 38-40 inches

UK Size 14:

Bust: 38-40 inches
Waist: 31-33 inches
Hips: 40-42 inches

UK Size 16:

Bust: 40-42 inches
Waist: 33-35 inches
Hips: 42-44 inches

UK Size 18:

Bust: 42-44 inches
Waist: 35-37 inches
Hips: 44-46 inches

you look fab tho just look at where you have come from if you need motivation :)

yeah I have a wii fit so I can use that. I have a gym near me which I go to but I can't afford it at mo.
acording to your chart hun i'm a size 10 on top but a size 14 on bottom so I think it must be shops that i'm shopping playing with sizes thanks for posting hun

I have thought for a long time that shops are getting away with deceit. Everything else in life is regimated tested and approved so why is it that a simple thing like body sizes in clothing can be anything you like and the label you apply be at your whim. Clothing manufacturers should be forced to comply with regimented sizes and audited on the same so that we can all be sure of what we are buying. Mind you can you imagine the impact?
I think ebay would suffer for a start - and the shops also - for those that just go back and buy the next size if the item of clothing they bought doesn't fit. ho hum - now look what you started!

you have a nice shape - flat tum I am guessing you are after? Cycling is great for getting you a six pack - you have to keep at it tho and be regular with it. I have been lucky - I have tried different types of excercise including doing stuff at home and going to the gym but cycling for me is fun. I tried out all sorts of bikes until I found that road bikes - otherwise know as racing bikes are the ones for me. I think that is quite unusual for a 58 year old bird but hey - I never have been one to be a sheep!

You look fab hun, I know what you mean about not being happy even though you are where you wanted to be. That's why I've stopped filling in lbs lost/gained etc. although I have to have a weight "goal". My real goal is to look good in skinny jeans and high heeled boots this is going to take some serious exercise. I've been in a size 10 before (many moons aga) and still had HUGE thighs in my opinion and yet everyone else talked about my tiny waist. All I could think was it looked so small because my thighs were so big. I think we could do with being Gok'd. What do you think looks bad? 'cos I just look and think you look great? exercise can be free, walking, running, leg lifts, tin can tricep curls, brook handle behind back for waist whittlers etc. set yourself a 10 minute target a night for a fortnight then up it 15, see how you get on. They also say you can exercise in blocks, so 2 x 5mins is as good as 1 x 10 if you are doing none. (Don't think its the same with cardio but I think your talking about toning) Good luck

We are a Similar height and weight, yet I'm a size 14.

For me, It's now more about toning my body. I'm quiet happy with whatever size I am, I just want to feel better and get rid of the flabby bits.

What exercise do you do? I've started running and swimming the last couple of weeks and feel so much better despite my scales not showing it!

Honny, im a size 10- but next to my sister whos also a size 10, i genuinly think i look a 12-14. I think cos im short i look squished and if i had a few inchs on my id have a flat belly and look slimmer.. everyone said i wouldnt look right if i lost more wieght than 5st and went under 9and a half.. but tbh.. i think i could be doing with being at 9st.

however, after my recen blip ( or big blip lol) iv got a fair bit to lose before im back at my target weight, then il concider trying to push it lower.

how long have u been a size 10 for? after being at target for 6months, my weight seemed to shift around, and all of a sudden my body shape was a lot different to what it was a few months before.. even though my weight was stable the entire time. Its strange buts it true.. i think it 'settles' which is why one week i could fit my fat arse in a size 10 dotty p's pair of jeans.. but 3 weeks later they fitted fine with no wieght loss..

now my size 10 new look jeans, which were my first pair of size 10s ever.. i honest to god cant do up without cutting off blood circulation.. but my size 10 next jeans that iv waited a year to fit in, still fit comfortably despite gaining a stone. .. work that one out.*huff lol*

I think you look great! If you are unhappy with your body, as someone already said it is probably your shape you are not happy with rather than your size! Try doing some exercise to tone up - ToneItUp on Youtube have some excellent videos and loads of info!

I agree with Fern about the weight shifting about. I haven't lost an ounce in over a year, but I am slimmer than I was a year ago. I'm a size 8-10 bottom & 12 top, but compared to my tall skinny friend, who's the same size in clothes, I still feel dumpy! If you can face it, exercise really is the key - or at least toning up. Take some measurements (as it might not show on the scales) and have a go.

Whatever you choose - you still look fab :D

I think you have a great figure! People carry their weight differently, even if they are the same weight and/or dress size.

It's taken me time to realise that I will never have a straight up and down figure - when I was a lovely toned size 12 in my early teens I still had the basic shape I have now - big boobs (which have shrunk a bit since losing weight thank goodness!), a small waist and curvy hips.

Embrace your figure, and love yourself inside and out!

Back