Size 12!!

Cherrypie

So I went to dotty Perkins this lunch time to see if I could buy myself something that I could aim to get into for my birthday in August. So I picked up some size 12s and ran to the changing rooms before anyone stopped me to point out I'd picked up the wrong size.i wanted to see how far I'd got to go. I proceeded to put my arms through the arm holes and neck through the neck hole- this is Normally where I get stuck with smaller sizes and have to call the fire brigade to cut me out. But amazingly I got it over my head, then past my buxom breasticles and over the flab where my stomach should be, and it fitted! It actually honest to god fitted! I haven't tried on a 12 since I was about 16!
Ok there was some room for improvement around the stomach and arse area but I'm so happy a size 12 dress fitted!! I ran to the till proudly flaunting the hanger and paid for my purchase!
Anyone else had fitting room happiness or horrors? Xxx

That's amazing cherrypie, well done :)

Excellent, it's a great feeling isn't it. I remember a similar experience early on in my journey when I got a DP size 16 dress to hang on my door as an incentive, only to get it home and find it was too big. I did the same with a pair of skinny jeans in a 14 - too big. I can't really hope for anything below a 14 on top in a "fixed" fabric, but it's nice today to get into a 14 dress with no stretch and it actually fastens, last time I tried it on I couldn't get the zip within 2 inches at the back. It's fabulous!

Woohoo!!! Wow! Well done! That's got to be a amazing feeling!!!

That's fantastic. I started this diet after a humiliating and distressing shopping trip. I needed an outfit for a hen do, nothing in my wardrobe fitted and I went to try on some clothes- the (ridiculously slender) shop assistant had to help me out of a top, popping by bra off at the same time. It took me all my strength to run out the shop before crying!

thats great! cant wait to be a 12!! i had a bad experience when i did cambridge years ago i dropped from 26 to 16 and went to dorothy perkins and bought my first pair of size 16 jeans i was sooo happy, got to the till and the girl said to me are you sure you dont need a bigger size and laughed :( i was moritified and still bought them but left really upset - needless to say my sister went in there few hours later shouting in her face and to the store manager - she totally wrecked my confidence - amazing how one comment can leave you so upset, il never forget that!

Omg, vicks, that's appalling! She should have been sacked. Unbelievable. Well good for you for coming back to give weight loss another go. Best of luck this time. Everyone on here is really friendly and supportive xx

Back