Size 16 weight?

WillpowerWoman

Gold Member
Hello everyone

I was hoping that as many people as poss could help me with this....

I need to slim down to a size 16 to fit into a bridesmaid dress. (I am 5ft 9 and an inverted triangle ie broad / top heavy) it's been so long since I was a size 16 that I'm finding it difficult deciding what weight to aim for.

If any of you know what weight you were/are as a size 16 (and your height / body shape etc) that would really help me.

Many many thanks :) x

Instead of focussing on weight, I would concentrate on measurements. Measure yourself now and again in a weeks time (to get an idea what effect your diet has got on your circumference) and then compare it with the measurements of the dress. That might be more precise and helpful, as a size 16 from company A might not have the same measurements as company B.

Is that the dress in your profile pic? It's really pretty. I was a size 16 at about 13.5 st but I'm only 5'3. I'm a size 20/22 at 17st. I think it normally works out to 1-1.5 st per dress size.

Good luck xxx

Is that the dress in your profile pic? It's really pretty. I was a size 16 at about 13.5 st but I'm only 5'3. I'm a size 20/22 at 17st. I think it normally works out to 1-1.5 st per dress size.

Good luck xxx

Thanks hun

I was hoping maybe 15st for me but am unsure. The green dress is actually my goal dress (size 14) may have to wait till next summer for that one as I'm currently 18st 8 and a size 20

Instead of focussing on weight, I would concentrate on measurements. Measure yourself now and again in a weeks time (to get an idea what effect your diet has got on your circumference) and then compare it with the measurements of the dress. That might be more precise and helpful, as a size 16 from company A might not have the same measurements as company B.

Good idea, I am also thinking of going to the shop the dress is from and trying on a similar style once I've lost a couple more stone to give me an idea of the exact shop sizes as your right every shop is different!

Good idea, I am also thinking of going to the shop the dress is from and trying on a similar style once I've lost a couple more stone to give me an idea of the exact shop sizes as your right every shop is different!

That's a really good plan.
P.S. I love the dress on your profile pic, too. Absolutely gorgeous xx

I think I may have replied to you on another thread about this, but just in case I'm mistaken - I've just gone into a 16s having lost 8.5 stone, and I'm 13 stone and 5'8". But everyone is so different. I am a top heavy shape though, more of an apple really, and obviously as I've lost a lot I do have quite a bit of loose skin which must affect my dress size. :) xx

That's a really good plan.
P.S. I love the dress on your profile pic, too. Absolutely gorgeous xx

Thanks Hun hopefully one day I will be able to wear it! :)

I think I may have replied to you on another thread about this, but just in case I'm mistaken - I've just gone into a 16s having lost 8.5 stone, and I'm 13 stone and 5'8". But everyone is so different. I am a top heavy shape though, more of an apple really, and obviously as I've lost a lot I do have quite a bit of loose skin which must affect my dress size. :) xx

Thanks hun. Yes we chatted on team 50 just thought I'd see what others outside the team thought x

WillpowerWoman said:
Thanks hun. Yes we chatted on team 50 just thought I'd see what others outside the team thought x

Lol, my memory's terrible, I flit all over the forum and get confused. ;) xx

Lol, my memory's terrible, I flit all over the forum and get confused. ;) xx

Not a problem at all all feedback is most welcome thank you :)

I've generally found that every 1 1/2 stone o lose a dress size.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've generally found that every 1 1/2 stone o lose a dress size.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks hun if I am the same then i should be a size 16 around the 15st mark :)

Something to consider, one part of me is always bigger than the rest, no matter what weight I am, so if I had to slim down to fit in a particular size, I'd have to take into account what part of me would get in that size last! For instance I'll never wear a 12 top because I just wouldn't be able to do all the buttons up, therefore I'd prob have to slim to a size 10 before my top would be a 12 (hope that makes sense!) Maybe you could diet & exercise as far as you can then have the dress altered to make it fit we'll?

Something to consider, one part of me is always bigger than the rest, no matter what weight I am, so if I had to slim down to fit in a particular size, I'd have to take into account what part of me would get in that size last! For instance I'll never wear a 12 top because I just wouldn't be able to do all the buttons up, therefore I'd prob have to slim to a size 10 before my top would be a 12 (hope that makes sense!) Maybe you could diet & exercise as far as you can then have the dress altered to make it fit we'll?

Hi thank you yes that's definitely the plan. I'm broad / top heavy and that's the bit that matters most in the dress unfortunately so I'm likely to need to be 14 trouser to be a 16 top.

I have a fitting in August (aiming to be 15st for that) and then I can hopefully gage how much more I may need to loose as last fitting is November and wedding December. So fingers crossed il be almost there august and there by November. (well that's the plan anyway)

ButtonsTheSuperCat said:

Spot on! I can comfortably get in size 16 trousers, but tops, certainly anything with no give in it, have to be bigger - curse of the apple shape, lol. :) xx

Spot on! I can comfortably get in size 16 trousers, but tops, certainly anything with no give in it, have to be bigger - curse of the apple shape, lol. :) xx

Indeed! :)

I agree. I have lost several, several inches. I was getting disappointed with the scale, but I am at 240 lbs. and wore a size 8 dress on yesterday to church. The inches are coming off like crazy....

I agree. I have lost several, several inches. I was getting disappointed with the scale, but I am at 240 lbs. and wore a size 8 dress on yesterday to church. The inches are coming off like crazy....

Fantastic well done! :)

resultsyoucansee said:

Are you in the US? :) xx

Back