Size 16 weight?

Oh dear more bolero chat. The other bridesmaids want one with sleeves! Id prefer the short sleeved as I hold my biggest amount of weight on my broad shoulders and upper arms! But I think the others said they would be cold in a short sleeved. Eek! I said that if the long sleeved was chosen then I would need the biggest size they do XXL 104cm bust (using a converter means it's a size 16 in m&s (41cm bust)

Sorry to get personal but does anyone have a 41cm bust? What size do you mostly wear on top?

Thank you I appreciate your advice and support x

I'm 45cm bust, 13st 13lb weight, 5ft 5in = Size 16/18 top. Everyone's different tho, and all clothes are cut different so don't take too much stock. But good luck. Sure you'll look gorgeous in your dress :)

I'm 45cm bust, 13st 13lb weight, 5ft 5in = Size 16/18 top. Everyone's different tho, and all clothes are cut different so don't take too much stock. But good luck. Sure you'll look gorgeous in your dress :)

Thanks for your reply Hun. I just gotta loose as much as possible and basically and hope for the best I think! :)

At 14st I'm a perfect size 16. I'm 5'5". X

Starting 18st. Goal 10st 10lbs. Currently 15st 1.75lbs (was 14st 3.75lbs but fell off my wagon!)

Starting 18st. Goal 10st 10lbs. Currently 15st 1.75lbs (was 14st 3.75lbs but fell off my wagon!)

Thanks for reply Hun :)

I was a size 16 at about 13 stone.
I'm 5"7 ish. Hope that helps!:)

Im 5ft 8 and just under 18st and a comfortable size 16, but I exercise so have toned up as I slimmed down

Wow. I love reading everyone's statistics. It really is reassuring to see just how very different everyone is and that being a size 14 or 16 or 18 can vary so much. One things for sure tho, we are all beautiful in our own ways :)

You are right. I really struggled with my head as I got in to size 16 tops comfortably at around 19stone! I could probably fit a 14 top depending on style. But my head cannot make sense of the fact I can still weigh so much and yet fit a 16! I want to lose another 4-6 stone, what size will I be when???

You are right. I really struggled with my head as I got in to size 16 tops comfortably at around 19stone! I could probably fit a 14 top depending on style. But my head cannot make sense of the fact I can still weigh so much and yet fit a 16! I want to lose another 4-6 stone, what size will I be when???

I feel the same! I am 16 stone 5 lbs & can fit into UK sized 16 tops (18 for trousers though). When I was 11 stone I could fit into size 14! I am 5'10 so quite tall too.

Thank you for all your replies! It's fascinating how different everyones weights are at a size 16 really! I thought there would be little variation but not this much!! :)

Hiya, I am size 18 ATM at 15 1/2 stone, I was size 16 around the 14 1/2 stone mark (got away with a few stretchy size 14 at that) and I'm 5ft 9. I've got fairly wide shoulders, boobs and hips but a slimmer waist (with a huge belly though :( )

id say just follow a plan and go for it, then see what happens at the fittings :)

Hiya, I am size 18 ATM at 15 1/2 stone, I was size 16 around the 14 1/2 stone mark (got away with a few stretchy size 14 at that) and I'm 5ft 9. I've got fairly wide shoulders, boobs and hips but a slimmer waist (with a huge belly though :( )

id say just follow a plan and go for it, then see what happens at the fittings :)

Thanks Hun I think you are prob the closest to me I'm terms on same height and body shape as I have broad shoulders (which is what matters for this particular dress style) and the weights you say were also roughly what I was thinking I would be so thank you that helps loads :) x

Back